• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which event do you think we would see 6th character reveal at?

• General Direct (in Feb)

Votes: 93 25.8%
  • General Direct (in March)

Votes: 45 12.5%
  • E3

Votes: 173 47.9%
  • Random Smash Presentation before E3

Votes: 50 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Shame it's not two fingers
maxresdefault.jpg

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
W / 3 for The Witcher III?

Geralt?

What about V from Cyberpunk 2077? Male V, Female V, and maybe Keanu's character? lol

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Just to play devil's advocate, it's entirely possible that the last character is once again a promotional Nintendo character, with Sakurai/Nintendo deeming Byleth a better pick over other upcoming Switch characters (at the time they were selected) like a new Pokémon, the Astral Chain hero, or Ring Fit Adventurer.

But like, what would even be the point of Byleth being a "promotional character" at this point in time?

As dumb as Corrin was, he/she was at least at the right time and the right place. Fire Emblem Fates had already come out in Japan in 2015, but it wouldn't come out until 2016 in the west, so it did work as a promotional character for us. But Three Houses on the other hand has already been released for like half a year now and has already sold millions of copies.

Why the fuck does it need to be promoted at this point?

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Is Sakurai 3 the new "it's more important that a character is fun to play than recognizable"

Hey Sakurai, which DMC game will Dante be based off of?
ciej6n6.png

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
P.S.: How is the Direct speculation thread doing with this Sakurai presentation announcement? Have they resorted to cannibalism, yet?

CliveLH

Jun 22, 2019
maxresdefault.jpg

I want more of a Minecraft stage than the actual inclusion of Steve as playable character though

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
I like the idea that the fingers are actually for the next characters, not this one.

wildvine47

Feb 20, 2018
The use of the word "oracle" in Sakurai's post here is giving me some real flashbacks to "sorry if my eyes are red" before he revealed King K. Rool.

Any franchises with prominent oracle-related characters we should be paying attention to?

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
I am hoping that after the Fighter's Pass that more Nintendo characters might be considered.

wildvine47

Feb 20, 2018
Everyone's freaking out that it's gonna be Byleth.
Honestly, I'd hope that Sakurai learned his lesson after Corrin. Especially considering he almost didn't add them to begin with, and we're now two characters deeper into that franchise.

Honestly, my first thought reading "oracle" was this guy:

343-guilty-spark-square-542x542-a581e12da3b740c6bbdda2620c2cffeb.jpg

But I'm probably letting my hype cloud my judgement here.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I highly doubt it's Dante. Nintendo would never allow Capcom to tease such a thing as heavily as they have.

So, now that Dante is deconfirmed for Character 5, who else we got?

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
So, if it's Dante, at least the "no realistic guns on Smash" rule is over and the Doom Slayer dream is stronger than ever for Season 2

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
The direct dream is dead, but I can't even be mad because the moment of truth is finally upon us.

Phoenix Wright, ride or die. Let's fucking go.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Dante's guns aren't really any more or less real than Bayo's

They're both magically enchanted to be able to shoot infinite bullets but also still behave mechanically like normal guns in that the propel a bullet out of the chamber with gun powder.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Sakurai'a fingers form an "E".

Estelle is coming everyone. You can't fight it.

I've been hoping for exactly three more characters after this fighters pass so the character select screen makes a nice pretty rectangle.
Signs imply ten characters are possible and they would also make a rectangle.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I fucking should've stuck with Smash Direct as my prediction but the Pokémon Direct fucked with my expectations

It makes too much sense for a Smash Direct for early in the year

-DLC 5 needed to be announced soon as not only the deadline was soon but also to finish marketing for the FP and move on

-DLC 6 is very likely coming out in the Spring it with DLC 5 still unknown made a 2 character reveal super likely considering we weren't likely getting a Direct in Spring

-However it would be tough to do a duo reveal in the Direct format so at first I considered a Smash Direct but all the discussion for general got me to readjust my expectations and I stopped thinking about it after Pokémon

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I can't believe Yoko Taro is going to be there to announce Nier 3 after the 2B presentation!

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
I fucking should've stuck with Smash Direct as my prediction but the Pokémon Direct fucked with my expectations

It makes too much sense for a Smash Direct for early in the year

-DLC 5 needed to be announced soon as not only the deadline was soon but also to finish marketing for the FP and move on

-DLC 6 is very likely coming out in the Spring it with DLC 5 still unknown made a 2 character reveal super likely considering we weren't likely getting a Direct in Spring

-However it would be tough to do a duo reveal in the Direct format so at first I considered a Smash Direct but all the discussion for general got me to readjust my expectations and I stopped thinking about it after Pokémon

I still sticks with my gun about Getting Smash Direct/Presentation before General Direct and I was right! (And, I didn't see Pokemon Direct coming tho)

I think character #6 is more likely to be reveal in General Direct (probably next month or March)

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm mentally preparing myself or Sabi and Verg to come out and say they know the 5th fighter without actually telling us who it is.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
We doing ridiculous "3" theories? Clearly the next fighter is from Square Enix because all they could spare for them was three songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.