• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which event do you think we would see 6th character reveal at?

• General Direct (in Feb)

Votes: 93 25.8%
  • General Direct (in March)

Votes: 45 12.5%
  • E3

Votes: 173 47.9%
  • Random Smash Presentation before E3

Votes: 50 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
It's a good thing all the composers chose to give us a bunch of new Wario Ware arrangementsto listen to on the stage we love to play on rather than Mega Man ones…

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I want to play on Magicant with the cameos from Earthbound I need to keep the Flying Men.

yaaayyyyy

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yellow Devil feels so massively ill-conceived

he just turns that poor stage into a nightmare

Itt wouldn't even be so bad if he wasn't ALWAYS THERE.

Like, there's a ton of different interesting platform layouts, but you try to enjoy them for more than 30 seconds and BAM, fucking Yellow Devil. If he showed up maybe once per match, every 3-4 minutes, to shake things up and temporarily change the focus of the game, he'd be a cool addition.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
It's weird that a new DLC fighter is coming in around 24 hours and I don't know... I just kind of don't feel as excited as I usually do...
Personally I can't wait.
Even if we don't count my excitation for playing a new character, just the feeling of "finally, we'll have the full Fighter Pass" is really exciting to me.
Like if we're about to pass a milestone in Smash Ultimate's lifetime.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
I refuse to believe that. GCO and Palutena's Temple are probably the two stages where all age groups can unanimously have a bad time.

Well, you're wrong.

I really like that stage and few circle of friends like that stage as well. (was talking about GCO) Also I don't really think anyone complains about Palutena's Temple as well. We have some gentlemen rules going on for those stages.

Most active disliked stages so far are Mega Man's Dr. Wily stage and 75m.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Like, there's a ton of different interesting platform layouts, but you try to enjoy them for more than 30 seconds and BAM, fucking Yellow Devil. If he showed up maybe once per match, every 3-4 minutes, to shake things up and temporarily change the focus of the game, he'd be a cool addition.
I'm sorry I can only think of this.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Add Temple to the list too

Now it's a compelling evidence that could prove that your opinion sucks

TETEak5.gif

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Well, you're wrong.

I really like that stage and few circle of friends like that stage as well. (was talking about GCO) Also I don't really think anyone complains about Palutena's Temple as well. We have some gentlemen rules going on for those stages.

Most active disliked stages so far are Mega Man's Dr. Wily stage and 75m.
Yeah, the big stage work best when you're with people and can have "gentlemen rules".

But of course you have to experience them with the CPU sometimes and then they can be irritating. Though at least with Palutena's Temple and GCO they are easy to corner and fight. New Pork City was awful for having the CPU constantly running away and you needing to chase them around - which was especially awful when it was the only stage for the Mother related fights Brawl would pick (despite Onett being in the game).

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
What Smash considers a hazard is anyone's guess. Some stages still have moving platforms, some remove all platforms, some keep them static.

Heck, some stages like the Great Plateau Tower and Skyworld become more hazardous cos nothing breaks.

They need to do a Xenoblade 2 and give us an option screen where you can turn things off and on on a micro scale.
I'm just salty because the stage would be soooo much better with the platforms sans Yellow Devil.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Hazard Toggle not being accessible in the rules AND on the stage select is the biggest crime Ultimate has committed.
I've been saying that since day one. Toggling the hazards on the stage selection screen would be amazing, and would probably lead to more stages being picked when hanging out and playing Smash (although all of my friends seem to enjoy torturing themselves and everyone else by picking stuff like Norfair and New Pork City and then laughing about it).

Better still, having a list of hazards on each stage that you could choose to turn on or off would be great, so I could turn off Yellow Devil on Dr Wily but leave the platforms on.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
That's wrong though; Temple is like, the perfect "big stage" that they've tried to top 4 times for some ungodly reason.

Really, people should've focused their cries of "Too Big" on the stages rather than wasting their time on Ridley.
Temple's problem isn't that it's too big, it's that it has a giant impassible chunk of geometry that's the perfect size to circle camp around and be completely safe.

And if you happen to fall asleep for 15 seconds and accidentally let you opponent catch you, don't worry you're probably in the no-KO room anyway and are still totally safe.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
I find 75M fun but because it's just so much dumb.
I understand why people dislike it tho. Can't really have a usual fight on that one.

Wily's Castle, Electroplankton (the stage is called Hanenbow) and New Pork City are the ones I never pick.

Palutena's Temple has some cool layouts, and GCO is fun thanks to the lava and other deadly traps.

Melee's Temple is the stage that, as a kid, every other kids fucking loved, they kept chosing it, and I was the only one to hate it. I've grown to finally love it, but back then I couldn't stand it. I even prefered the Ice Climber's stage probably lol

Edit : I'm also one of the weirdos who like Pac-Land. It's ugly as hell but I have a ton of fun on it.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
GCO is saved from being the worst thing ever created thanks to the Danger Zones.

Still better than 75m (should've been 25m or 50m) and Pac-Land (bring back Pac-Maze) I guess; but I dunno if that makes it a fun stage to play on.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the big stage work best when you're with people and can have "gentlemen rules".

But of course you have to experience them with the CPU sometimes and then they can be irritating. Though at least with Palutena's Temple and GCO they are easy to corner and fight. New Pork City was awful for having the CPU constantly running away and you needing to chase them around - which was especially awful when it was the only stage for the Mother related fights Brawl would pick (despite Onett being in the game).

Right,

like for example;

GCO - we agreed to fight at bottom of the stage all of time and only way we would dies is LAVA
Palutena's Temple - we just agree to not running around and stalling so it was mostly fun because we only fought in that small room at left side of the stage.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
my girlfriend loves New Pork City for whatever reason so I've had to let it into my heart
It's thematically appropriate for New Pork City to be a piece of trash with just random platforms strewn everywhere so it gets a begrudging pass from me.

Just a normal Tazmily stage would have been chill though.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
You lot are lucky I'm not a mod, cos there'd be ban for all this Pac-Land slander!

I'm just salty because the stage would be soooo much better with the platforms sans Yellow Devil.
It's funny because Yellow Devil was one of the main driving factor for people wanting a hazard toggle and yet instead of just removing the one element people didn't want (heck people even said they wanted to remove Yellow Devil so they could enjoy the quirky platforms) they removed everything that made that stage interesting.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's thematically appropriate for New Pork City to be a piece of trash with just random platforms strewn everywhere so it gets a begrudging pass from me.

Just a normal Tazmily stage would have been chill though.

New Pork City is another stage where the background is unironically more interesting than the actual level.

Brawl stages were so bad, man.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Throw me into those camp who want Pac Maze stage back. I just don't understand why we had to lose those iconic arcade stage.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
NjVk0lc.jpg

So SmashEra, assuming no rules, if we got a Jojo in Smash, who would you want? My vote goes to young Joseph for the Clacker Volley projectile and Volcanic Ride into Space Final Smash.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
There's a very clear hierarchy in scrolling stages:

and it places Rainbow Cruise at the top.

steviestar3

One Winged Slayer
Jul 3, 2018
New Pork City is another stage where the background is unironically more interesting than the actual level.

Brawl stages were so bad, man.

Hey, at least they're not Smash for Wii U stages.

Though if I'm being real Rumble Falls may be worse than anything in that game. Holy shit that stage is actually unplayable.

Randdalf

Oct 28, 2017
Our favourite discovery from turning hazards off is the bowl of carnage that Yoshi's Island (Melee) becomes, because all the blocks become completely solid.

800px-SSBU-Yoshi%27s_Island_%28SSBM%29.png

The final hit detection is utterly busted on the slopes on this stage, so you can see it like five times before the game actually ends. It's also really easy to tech off the platforms in the middle. Chuck in five heavies, for a good good time. Season with extra bumpers, footballs, bob-ombs and baseball bats.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017

It is insane to me how common the YD is. Even if you maange to kill it (which: not guaranteed! I've killed metal face more often) he's just right back in the game like 30 seconds later.

Pyrosphere & Gaur Plains are far more accomodating of their bosses. Pyrosphere spaces ridley out a little more and turns it into a game of (fun, imo) hot potato and spawns obstacles to damage ridley with, and the platform itself is very large. Gaur Plains is huge so Metal Face just forces you into other corners of the playfield and he stays static so he's this giant danger zone but you can play around him or go for a kill; and then he leaves/arrives at pretty fair intervals

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Our favourite discovery from turning hazards off is the bowl of carnage that Yoshi's Island (Melee) becomes, because all the blocks become completely solid.

800px-SSBU-Yoshi%27s_Island_%28SSBM%29.png

The final hit detection is utterly busted on the slopes on this stage, so you can see it like five times before the game actually ends. It's also really easy to tech off the platforms in the middle. Chuck in five heavies, for a good good time. Season with extra bumpers, footballs, bob-ombs and baseball bats.
DID YOU KNOW? Smash 4's All-Star mode toggeled stage hazards off. Which meant that, yes, this stage also had unbreakable blocks and yes i WAS trapped in AI combo hell and NO i will never recover from this trauma

Status
Not open for further replies.