• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which event do you think we would see 6th character reveal at?

• General Direct (in Feb)

Votes: 93 25.8%
  • General Direct (in March)

Votes: 45 12.5%
  • E3

Votes: 173 47.9%
  • Random Smash Presentation before E3

Votes: 50 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
They still don't have any of Byleth's assets up on the news feed/Smash World server; so I can't even start the fun codename guessing game I wanted to do.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Hilda was pretty good too. I just disliked Yuga so much it spoiled it a little

Ghirahim is still a jobber though.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Itt wouldn't even be so bad if he wasn't ALWAYS THERE.

Like, there's a ton of different interesting platform layouts, but you try to enjoy them for more than 30 seconds and BAM, fucking Yellow Devil. If he showed up maybe once per match, every 3-4 minutes, to shake things up and temporarily change the focus of the game, he'd be a cool addition.
Perfect verbalization of my opinion as well. Though I would extend it to other things, but Yellow Devil is definitely the peak of absurdity to me.

I'm rather tolerant of stages, though I get why people don't like walkoffs. There are a few that I would tweak and a few I genuinely don't like, like 75m and GCO. However, 75m at least stays rabid consistently and has a bit of relax zone. On Wily's Castle, the few seconds of normal gameplay seem to exist purely to make Devil's return more painful, and the stage is small when extra platforms don't show up.

The worst part is that I can't shout "what were they thinking" with clear conscience. I'm thinking I know what they were thinking: one and two minute matches trumped all.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
They put up another one of those weird item bundles for Switch Online members.

2069_list.jpg

Neat?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
This also marks news post 69 in the internal numbering order, so that's cool.

If 63 is still missing after the dump of news posts tomorrow, i'll be very distressed.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Did I travel back in time to January 2019? Why is Ugly Steve making a comeback?

Also, just...why?

r_n

Oct 25, 2017

Alright Robin-Dorothea & Palutena-Rhea make a lot of sense; not sure why Dorothea is followed by 3 Jigglypuff but ok. And sure I can see Ingrid with Blonde Lucina.

But I am struggling to think of why Dr. Mario for Seteth specifically. It's not like black outfits are that rare on male characters.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia

Alright Robin-Dorothea & Palutena-Rhea make a lot of sense; not sure why Dorothea is followed by 3 Jigglypuff but ok. And sure I can see Ingrid with Blonde Lucina.

But I am struggling to think of why Dr. Mario for Seteth specifically. It's not like black outfits are that rare on male characters.

I don't remember seeing Ingrid in the press kit pics, so that's new. Rest of these were already known though.

The three Jigglypuffs make sense; Dorothea is a songstress. I don't get Dr. Mario in particular for Seteth, but I like that female Villager is there to represent Flayn.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Seteth is the closest thing to a therapist at the Monastery. (He's also followed by a female villager to represent Flayn.)

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
I don't remember seeing Ingrid in the press kit pics, so that's new. Rest of these were already known though.

The three Jigglypuffs make sense; Dorothea is a songstress. I don't get Dr. Mario in particular for Seteth, but I like that female Villager is there to represent Flayn.
I think one of the darker Simon or Richter colors probably would've worked nicely

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dr. Mario works as Seteth for me, just on a gut level. I can imagine them hanging out, humorlessly judging people. They have "only adult in a room full of weirdos" energy.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Dr. Mario works as Seteth for me, just on a gut level. I can imagine them hanging out, humorlessly judging people. They have "only adult in a room full of weirdos" energy.
Dr. Mario & Seteth off to the side going on about those crazy kids and the camera pans out and one of the people they're talking about is Mario

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

Dorothea was caring for orphans during the 5-year time-skip.

wildvine47

Feb 20, 2018
Ghirahim was fine until he literally became a prop for the final boss to use.

Zant at least had the interesting dual personality thing going for him before getting upstaged by Ganon. At least he survived his game though considering his dual-immortality deal with Ganondorf. Even got to deliver the final blow by severing his connection to the 'Dorf at the end.

Yuga gets points for flipping the script and upstaging Ganon. Shame that everything else about him is boring and uninteresting as sin.

Vaati's still on top for managing a game of his own where he didn't get beat out by Ganon and getting more than one. Still the biggest crime that he didn't manage to get a spot in HW.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Ghirahim was fine until he literally became a prop for the final boss to use.

Zant at least had the interesting dual personality thing going for him before getting upstaged by Ganon. At least he survived his game though considering his dual-immortality deal with Ganondorf. Even got to deliver the final blow by severing his connection to the 'Dorf at the end.

Yuga gets points for flipping the script and upstaging Ganon. Shame that everything else about him is boring and uninteresting as sin.

Vaati's still on top for managing a game of his own where he didn't get beat out by Ganon and getting more than one. Still the biggest crime that he didn't manage to get a spot in HW.
Yuga doesn't upstage Ganon. He's just the surrogate for LTTP Ganon.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Wonder how they'll decide to release the inevitable four DLC Echo Fighters. Individual characters like Piranha Plant? "Fighters Pass Vol. Echo"? Free for Nintendo Switch Online subscribers? What a mystery.

Status
Not open for further replies.