• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which event do you think we would see 6th character reveal at?

• General Direct (in Feb)

Votes: 93 25.8%
  • General Direct (in March)

Votes: 45 12.5%
  • E3

Votes: 173 47.9%
  • Random Smash Presentation before E3

Votes: 50 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've said it before, but Altus is the worst video game company that makes good games. Like they're absolute trash, but their games are good.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
Fuck lmao

Let's make a direly important story about how Ann's agency over her body should never be questioned and the villain is an irredeemable perverse scumbag for doing so, and then immediately start treating her the same way for laughs.
Yusuke's introduction is downright criminal, and completely contradicts his character as he's portrayed for the rest of the game

it's stupid too because you can make an even better joke by changing it in small ways
like having Yusuke going "haha they'll never agree to tha-" and Ann says yes completely casually
and then intimidates by Yusuke by actually starting and he just goes "PLEASE STOP I'M A PURE BOY I'LL TELL YOU WHATEVER YOU WANT"

bam. ann has the power, ann has the agency, yusuke getting caught off guard is the punchline

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yusuke's introduction is downright criminal, and completely contradicts his character as he's portrayed for the rest of the game

it's stupid too because you can make an even better joke by changing it in small ways
like having Yusuke going "haha they'll never agree to tha-" and Ann says yes completely casually
and then intimidates by Yusuke by actually starting and he just goes "PLEASE STOP I'M A PURE BOY I'LL TELL YOU WHATEVER YOU WANT"

bam. ann has the power, ann has the agency, yusuke getting caught off guard is the punchline

This is the game that had to clarify that Ann never had a boyfriend, because having the slightest bit of agency over her body means she can't be a real waifu.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
This is the game that had to clarify that Ann never had a boyfriend, because having the slightest bit of agency over her body means she can't be a real waifu.
how can i, the uber-teen, get a power high off of being some used goods' sloppy seconds?

wow that hurt to type
i need to go break my fingers

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
Soejima said that shit too? Goddammit.....

THAT CERTAINLY MAKES ME FEEL BETTER. COME TO THIN OF IT, IT SEEMS LIKE YOU CAN ONLY FORGE THAT KIND OF FRIENDSHIP WITH SOCIAL LINKS OF THE SAME GENDER. OPPOSITE GENDER SOCIAL LINKS WILL REVERSE QUICKLY. DOES THIS MEAN TRUE FRIENDSHIPS BETWEEN PEOPLE OF OPPOSITE GENDER DO NOT EXIST?

HASHINO: I've never successfully forged a true friendship with a girl in real life.

SOEJIMA: Neither have I.

HASHINO: I guess that means we couldn't implement it into the game because we don't know what it's like. (laughs)

SOEJIMA: Now that I'm on my thirties, I'm more open to the notion that it is possible, though. Back in high school, I admit I couldn't look at girls that way.

ignore the all caps the original interview is just like that
Full Interview here, for those curious

edit: for what it's worth, i don't think hashino and soejima are saying men and women can't have true friendships here
but it's clear that they designed the game with that mindset, and the fact that neither of them has had a real female friend definitely... leads to some things making a lot more sense

Last edited:

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing Night in the Woods again so Mae for Smash.

Just fucking shit up with a bat.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
i didn't know film crit hulk was a gamer, dang
I'm more surprised he had a patreon. Get that money, yo!

ignore the all caps the original interview is just like that
Full Interview here, for those curious

edit: for what it's worth, i don't think hashino and soejima are saying men and women can't have true friendships here
but it's clear that they designed the game with that mindset, and the fact that neither of them has had a real female friend definitely... leads to some things making a lot more sense
I refuse to play Persona 3 because of how social links with girls work in that game. It's so freaking dumb.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That Polar Bear's just chillin'. Probably headed to grab a Coke or ICEE or somethin'.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
That Polar Bear's just chillin'. Probably headed to grab a Coke or ICEE or somethin'.
3nugu6.jpg

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My only hot take is I don't like Persona 2's gameplay. Stories great but the gameplay puts me to sleep.

Persona 5 is my second favorite RPG ever.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I always forget that Ice Climbers got cut in Smash 4. Seeing them in Ultimate seems so natural to me that it's almost weird to think that they were gone for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.