• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which event do you think we would see 6th character reveal at?

• General Direct (in Feb)

Votes: 93 25.8%
  • General Direct (in March)

Votes: 45 12.5%
  • E3

Votes: 173 47.9%
  • Random Smash Presentation before E3

Votes: 50 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Gotta say, between all options that are popular now, Arle is the one I'd find the coolest. Her moveset would surely be very creative.

Kass15

Jan 14, 2018
I will continue to do so until Zippo actually proves himself. Watching normal users become "insiders" is an extremely rare occurance and everyone should be more skeptical.

I used to talk to sabi BEFORE she was an insider on a discord that had invited LoZ (remember him? The dude that claimed UP AND DOWN Skull Kid was in the game only to troll everyone last minute).

I had entirely doubted Sabi UNTIL she leaked the entire Microsoft and Bethesda E3 shows. I STILL remain skeptical of her Nintendo information however, and like most people who shit on her here, you should remain skeptical of Zippo the same way.

He could have verified a connection to a non-nintendo source and is claiming up and down he has a nintendo source.

All im saying is be careful

Zippo doesn't need to prove anything. He/she were verified with mods and that's enough. I'm more inclined to believe zippo over sabi. Sabi is doing it for attention, zippo is doing it because he/she knows how excited everyone is.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
Directs/Streams always have the same day/time announcement right?
Cause if not
oQehqyd.jpg
I honestly hope it's this for two reasons.
1. The fallout from this would be hysterical.
2. I actually really love the weird unexpected picks, remember when Melee came out and no one knew who Marth and Roy were? Or even the original Smash Brothers having Ness in it was totally crazy. I'd love in this day and age where everyone has their own obvious guesses to just have something way off the wall come out of nowhere.

Feb 5, 2018
Zippo doesn't need to prove anything. He/she were verified with mods and that's enough. I'm more inclined to believe zippo over sabi. Sabi is doing it for attention, zippo is doing it because he/she knows how excited everyone is.

Whatever floats your boat. I hope for your sake he doesnt disappoint.

Sabi came off the same way when she slipped right into whatever questionable sourcing Vergeben had and leaked shit she wasnt supposed to either.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Has Zippo always been an insider? That's news to me.
Nah. Only since september direct. He said "there's a showstopper in this one", after the direct he got asked "what was your supposed showstopper ?" and he replied that it was supposed to be Paper Mario. Apparently he assumed it would be there just because he knows it's coming ? I don't know, his "insider" stuff are pretty weird.

He didn't say much after that so it was all cool, it seemed sincere. But this month he went full Sabi style insider, being elusive as fuck "yeah maybe Paper Mario is back to its roots... Maybe..." and of course the stuff he has said on this thread yesterday.
He even went full Sabi by "deconfirming" some character, and saying "last week ? Oh yeah, I knew about the Pokémon direct 2 days before the announcement".

He's part of the forum, but people tend to listen to him a bit too blindly here. So far it's a whole bunch of nothing. He says "mods verified me, they know I know stuff, they can say", and while it's true that he's verified, it only means "he might be in position to know accurate infos", and despite what Zippo might say, mods will never tell us "yeah this dude knows stuff, trust this guy"

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Definitely think a little skepticism is healthy going into whatever happens tomorrow. I really have no idea who we could get.

(Yes, I think Travis is a possibility. But anyone could be at this point.)

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Directs/Streams always have the same day/time announcement right?
Cause if not
oQehqyd.jpg
Arle would actually be a really neat pick. Explaining her in the same broadcast as her unveiling would also mitigate the backlash because people would better understand her gameplay, which would be super-creative I'm sure, stacking and fusing Puyos. A long-format overview could sell people on the concept.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
(Yes, I think Travis is a possibility. But anyone could be at this point.)
Agreed, though I'm confident in any case that it probably isn't Dante.

I'd also just like to let you know, as the thread's resident Hayabusa supporter, that he's easily in my top three most-likely reveals for tomorrow.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Agreed, though I'm confident in any case that it probably isn't Dante.

I'd also just like to let you know, as the thread's resident Hayabusa supporter, that he's easily in my top three most-likely reveals for tomorrow.

Dante is probably the one character I think it probably isn't because those DMC dates would not have been a thing if he were.

(If Hayabusa isn't revealed tomorrow, I'll just have to keep supporting him for season 2, lol.)

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
This is my first time since the 2018 Game Awards going into a reveal with literally no expectations. Just 24 hours left now.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Arle would actually be a really neat pick. Explaining her in the same broadcast as her unveiling would also mitigate the backlash because people would better understand her gameplay, which would be super-creative I'm sure, stacking and fusing Puyos. A long-format overview could sell people on the concept.
That plus I would like to see how close I got with her moveset if Arle gets in.

Please be Arle

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm definitely of the mind that Zippo's information is a good compass for discussion but nothing concrete at all. It's not like Verg tier "you can probably safely ignore this" stuff, but its next to the Mii costume "leak" as something to keep in mind.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Why can't we all just get a nice email today that reads "Enjoy my good friend Phoenix"?

wait no.
Dante Theory is the new Box Theory

You hate it because it tells you the truth
If Dante Theory is true, I expect Capcom to announce all Nintendo announcements in advance, going forward. It's their job, now.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Arle is Fighter 5, but for the cool kidz upset about a little girl they reveal Dante as the first fighter of Fighter Pass 2

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I honestly expect a reasonably sized character to headline a hypothetical Fighter Pass 2. Maybe a Crash.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be happy with just about anyone at this point (especially Arle or Travis) but I do think Dante probably isn't character 5, and I think people latched too much onto circumstances that were just a little bit too much played for convenience on that one. The DMC tweet and the V podcast, it's all just a bit too obvious and doesn't hold up under actual scrutiny. If anything I think he stands a strong chance to be a headliner in wave 2.

cdigs

Apr 4, 2019
I believe that Arle would be cool solely because I know Sakurai would create an amazing and unique moveset for her. So while she wasn't necessarily in my top choices, the more I think about it, the more excited I get at the possibility.

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
Arle would rule, that'd be female representation and puzzle game representation in one. Plus, Puyo Puyo rules! If she got one, wonder if they'd reference her dungeon crawling days too, before Puyo Puyo was a thing...

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Why can't we all just get a nice email today that reads "Enjoy my good friend Phoenix"?

wait no.

If Dante Theory is true, I expect Capcom to announce all Nintendo announcements in advance, going forward. It's their job, now.
This "Capcom spoiled the announcement with their DMC3 tweet" is false flag propaganda spouted by anti-Dantes (Virgils) to hide their growing fear of being wrong.

True pro-Dante stans know that tomorrow brings both style switching and Dante in Smash.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be fine with Arle, and this is coming from the same heartless bastard that dunks on KOS-MOS, Reimu and Shantae.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly expect a reasonably sized character to headline a hypothetical Fighter Pass 2. Maybe a Crash.

I do too. I think we get a new character tomorrow, they release in a couple weeks, and that's it.

In the spring, we get a general Direct that announces the form of the next DLC wave (if it's a pack, what it includes, any bonus stuff) along with a spring update. Possibly some other minor stuff like Mii costumes. No character reveal.

At E3 we get the sixth fighter and they're a big deal - like Banjo or Cloud level, really major. Crash, Sora, Master Chief.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know if it's Travis the whole bit with Helter Skelter just got extra hilarious.

"Couldn't tell if he was the shit, or just plain old shit."

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
Arle is a fantastic pick tbh

Puzzle game rep
High probability for a creative moveset
Female character
Great music

If she's not #5, I hope she happens at some point.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Arle is one of those characters where if I had a magical Sakurai generator (read: you tell it a name and it creates a Sakurai-caliber character), I would try Arle to see what sort of inspired moveset she has.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Travis would be one of the few "meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh" characters that have an actual chance for me ... i played his wii game and was bored in 10 minutes and I am a beat em up fan =P

and I HATE the character of travis =|

Feb 5, 2018
Arle is Fighter 5, but for the cool kidz upset about a little girl they reveal Dante as the first fighter of Fighter Pass 2

It would be funny if this happened. For 33 minutes, Sakurai talks about Arle and her influence in gaming, everyone in Era shits in Dante lovers for that exact timeframe, then Sakurai announces Dante as the first post-FP character.

Itd another Banjo situation. That shit gave me all sorts of mixed feelings.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Travis would be one of the few "meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh" characters that have an actual chance for me ... i played his wii game and was bored in 10 minutes and I am a beat em up fan =P

and I HATE the character of travis =|
He goes through a lot of character development over the course of the series to be fair.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
He's part of the forum, but people tend to listen to him a bit too blindly here. So far it's a whole bunch of nothing. He says "mods verified me, they know I know stuff, they can say", and while it's true that he's verified, it only means "he might be in position to know accurate infos"
+1 on this part (not talking about the rest of the post).
I've asked multiple times in other threads what he leaked, and nobody has been able to tell me anything outside of "he's been verified". Which is still better than most mind you.

But on the Smash topic alone, he already backtracked on the " next character is kinda sorta first party related" bit two times.
First time by saying that it might not be the next character but another one down the line (didn't clarify which one), second time by saying "ok he's not necessarily first party related" (paraphrasing). I'm sure he has good info, but so far, again, unless someone else can share some details, he has no track record to speak of.

Hence the doubts from multiple people, and how the Sabi post about him doesn't help that case.

Status
Not open for further replies.