• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which event do you think we would see 6th character reveal at?

• General Direct (in Feb)

Votes: 93 25.8%
  • General Direct (in March)

Votes: 45 12.5%
  • E3

Votes: 173 47.9%
  • Random Smash Presentation before E3

Votes: 50 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
It really bothers me that the only good Chibi-Robo game is stuck on the GameCube. Here's hoping for a Switch port at some point.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
there are at LEAST three good Chibi-Robo games and none of them are TRULY stuck on the Gamecube

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2018
Okay but hear me out. The final dlc character is The Xbox Series X. His moveset includes Halo as a Neutral B and Forza as its side B

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Wait...

Three...

Nintendo character...

B1gflKOhVgS.jpg

Dixie's in, Smash Era!
THERE IT IS

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If by chance there is a leak we should all agree not to post it or any reactions to it here, and contain it in a dedicated spoiler thread.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
If by chance there is a leak we should all agree not to post it or any reactions to it here, and contain it in a dedicated spoiler thread.
Agreed. I wouldn't want to have to give up on my precious pastime of shitposting on Era tomorrow over being spoiled one day before a reveal.

cdigs

Apr 4, 2019
Zippo's comments really make it sound like it could be Travis. I can't think of any other characters that fit the description.

But if that was the case, why didn't they drop his Smash reveal onto the end of that awesome NMH3 trailer they dropped at the Game Awards? I get not wanting to overshadow it, but... it would have been perfect.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Zippo's comments really make it sound like it could be Travis. I can't think of any other characters that fit the description.

But if that was the case, why didn't they drop his Smash reveal onto the end of that awesome NMH3 trailer they dropped at the Game Awards? I get not wanting to overshadow it, but... it would have been perfect.
While I definitely believe Travis is the current front-runner, this is something that sticks out to me. Why is this the only character they decided to wait to reveal with a full gameplay demo? The only thing I can think of is that either Sakurai or Nintendo thought that this character needed a sort of proof-of-concept to go along with their reveal, to help people understand how they might play, or why they were included.

That's just one possibility, obviously - it's entirely plausible they just did this for variety's sake as a new way to generate short-term hype - and I don't really know what character might fit that bill, but it is something I'm considering, going into Thursday.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I don't think what Zippo is referring to totally fits Travis.

For one despite it being a game that Nintendo encouraged to make and was even built with Switch capabilities in mind it still got ported to PS4 and PC so that nips the notion that No More Heroes is an IP Nintendo "owns" or has that much involvement in.

Another is that Suda implied Travis missed the cut this time back in E3. So that's not looking good for him either

Honestly I'm at the point that maybe Zippo slightly misinterpreted the info and the character is a third party with heavy Nintendo influence/association or a Nintendo IP that they co own with another entity.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Honestly I'm at the point that maybe Zippo slightly misinterpreted the info and the character is a third party with heavy Nintendo influence/association or a Nintendo IP that they co own with another entity.
I absolutely hate that this describes both my first- and second-most wanted characters and will inevitably be neither one.

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017
Wait...

Three...

Nintendo character...

B1gflKOhVgS.jpg

Dixie's in, Smash Era!

If we were to reflect back onto the clues we were given, one would recall that Dixie Kong is not truly a Nintendo character but a Rareware one. Given her heritage and the complexities of the sale to Microsoft, the summation of her origins could easily construed to be "weird", and "kinda sorta Nintendo". Additionally, as seen in the ripped screenshot of Sakurai from Thursday's direct, not only is he displaying a gang sign in reference to Dixie Kong's starring role in the third Donkey Kong Country game, but a thin brown outline can be observed around his shoulder, clearly the primary color of Dixie's iteration of the banner that has hung behind Sakurai during all of his DLC character presentations. In this essay I will

Deleted member 51982

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 14, 2019
Honestly I don't think what Zippo is referring to totally fits Travis.

For one despite it being a game that Nintendo encouraged to make and was even built with Switch capabilities in mind it still got ported to PS4 and PC so that nips the notion that No More Heroes is an IP Nintendo "owns" or has that much involvement in.

Another is that Suda implied Travis missed the cut this time back in E3. So that's not looking good for him either

I think you're getting too hung up on the "owns" part. He simply said "sorta kinda first party" and then made asked about the clarification of the ownership of Fire Emblem.

Status
Not open for further replies.