• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which event do you think we would see 6th character reveal at?

• General Direct (in Feb)

Votes: 93 25.8%
  • General Direct (in March)

Votes: 45 12.5%
  • E3

Votes: 173 47.9%
  • Random Smash Presentation before E3

Votes: 50 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
lmao people are gonna be mad when its not Dante.

Watch this be the most out of the left field character pick ever.

fossi8

One Winged Slayer
Apr 22, 2018
It's Geno guys, Nintendo related and weird situation (SquareEnix) plus it's the last character of the pass and he is worth paying for.
PS. Zippo we love you.

rayngiraffe

Dec 11, 2018
Is it an TMS character since that one has a "mixed" ownership with Nintendo, not popular and would tie in with a promotional push for the next game

or am I just high

Oct 25, 2017
new jersey
lmao people are gonna be mad when its not Dante.

Watch this be the most out of the left field character pick ever.
653602872952619018.gif

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think you're getting too hung up on the "owns" part. He simply said "sorta kinda first party" and then made asked about the clarification of the ownership of Fire Emblem.
Well even in a Bayonetta 2 situation the comparison doesn't make sense.

Bayo 2 to this day is a Nintendo exclusive and probably always will because it was bankrolled by Nintendo. Whereas Travis Strikes Back was ported to other systems less then a year after it's release. So as of now there's no reason to consider it a sort of first party other than Nintendo seemingly favoring the IP currently

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
It's Geno guys, Nintendo related and weird situation (SquareEnix) plus it's the last character of the pass and he is worth paying for.
PS. Zippo we love you.
imma be honest i'm not sure how you feel almost forty miinutes of air time just talking about Geno, classic mode notwithstanding

Only way I see it being Geno is if there's another character reveal too

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Joker - previously unrepresented third party character/series
Hero - previously unrepresented third party character/series
Banjo-Kazooie - previously unrepresented third party character/series
Terry - previously unrepresented third party character/series
Geno - C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER

I know I'm beating a dead horse but I still just really can't see this happening

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
While any pick will make someone mad, I have the feeling this next character will do so more than usual. Mostly due to it being the last of the pack and no word on when we'll see those from the next pack. Now if say this character gets revealed AND they tease the first for the next pack, that might cool things. But Sakurai also doesn't care about people who get mad (which is good).

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
While any pick will make someone mad, I have the feeling this next character will do so more than usual. Mostly due to it being the last of the pack and no word on when we'll see those from the next pack. Now if say this character gets revealed AND they tease the first for the next pack, that might cool things. But Sakurai also doesn't care about people who get mad (which is good).
I mean he does.

He just doesn't outright mention it. But you can tell he try's to make as many people happy as he can.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nah they care. The entire concept of Echo Fighters show they care. Not to mention them announcing Hero and Banjo together at E3 and Terry being announced with more fighters alongside him.

If anything them going with a really niche character that could possibly upset people and dipping would be unusual for them

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
this guy doesnt even know about wall theory lmao
Trust me, i'm omni-present within this thread. Wall Theory wishes it could be real.

I think he might be talking about everyone's favorite, Brown Theory.

i.e. the artifacting around Sakurai on the video's thumbnail will surely tell us the character.
Actually, we've moved on from brown now. Sakurai has some dark green in/around his hair; which can really only be Doom Slayer or Master Chief if you really think about it.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
it's 35 minutes long because this year is Goemon's 34th birthday and Sakurai gave him one to grow on

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Actually, we've moved on from brown now. Sakurai has some dark green in his hair; which can really only be Doom Slayer or Master Chief if you really think about it.
Sakurai's just doing this presentation in front of a tree. He's going back to nature.

Wait.

Back to Nature...?! It was Harvest Moon after all.

Deleted member 51982

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 14, 2019
Well even in a Bayonetta 2 situation the comparison doesn't make sense.

Bayo 2 to this day is a Nintendo exclusive and probably always will because it was bankrolled by Nintendo. Whereas Travis Strikes Back was ported to other systems less then a year after it's release. So as of now there's no reason to consider it a sort of first party other than Nintendo seemingly favoring the IP currently
The NMH franchise has had a decent presence in Nintendo Directs since the Switch era. Travis Strikes Again was distributed and advertised worldwide by Nintendo and NMHIII is going to be the same. Suda has made edits to various trailers at Nintendo's request and had crossover content with Zelda, Nintendo is clearly involved. The IP is co-own by a 3rd company, Marvelous, that ports some titles. It clearly falls under the wildly vague "sorta kinda first party" (even a Marvelous rep thought Nintendo published TSA Source) and "weird" situation in that Nintendo is funding Grasshopper to make them, but Marvelous still has rights. The association with Nintendo is clearly there even if it isn't exact, which brings me back to my point about the term only being "sorta kinda first party" and not using the word "owns".

Bayonetta is a completely different situation, I'll admit. Nintendo didn't approach anyone and they did publish, but that's because they could have never gotten away with a soft exclusivity. If they had funded the title and Sega published ports, everyone would have bought Bayo 2 on their Playstations and Xbox.

Last edited:

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Remember when the website vhange was a good indicator for the August and September direct

But then they made the change in early October and it no longer worked

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I mean he does.

He just doesn't outright mention it. But you can tell he try's to make as many people happy as he can.
Nah they care. The entire concept of Echo Fighters show they care. Not to mention them announcing Hero and Banjo together at E3 and Terry being announced with more fighters alongside him.

If anything them going with a really niche character that could possibly upset people and dipping would be unusual for them

Yeah that's not what I mean by mad lol. I'm talking the bad kind of mad.
Those where even stuff like Mii Costumes, other characters announced, and the like aren't enough to appease them.

AzVal

May 7, 2018
The only thing that would help me cope if Travis is not in, is Geno.... as a costume, so we don't have to go through this on the next pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.