• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which event do you think we would see 6th character reveal at?

• General Direct (in Feb)

Votes: 93 25.8%
  • General Direct (in March)

Votes: 45 12.5%
  • E3

Votes: 173 47.9%
  • Random Smash Presentation before E3

Votes: 50 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eclipse

Jan 31, 2018
Germany
Gotta go with Viewtiful Joe. First appeared on the GameCube and was later available on the PS2.

I remember Kamiya tweeting about the Capcom DLC character and he got mad that very few picked Viewtiful Joe over Dante.

I hope we are getting something else though.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope it's Travis. Suda's been a good sport and has wanted Travis in Smash for forever. He's good friends with Sakurai. I feel like Suda deserves it. I'll be happy for him.

Prof Bathtub

Apr 26, 2018
User banned (3 days): Offsite drama. Antagonizing another member.
It's good that there is some system in place for vouching for honest posters with inside sources. Though there are cases like Dark Cloud, who has previously asserted that he got info about the MP Trilogy being shown at TGA from a source talking to him directly, and insisted that it was not from "Reset Era"

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/189706-nintendo-switch/76068477

nbzGYOt.png

AcAp885.png

This poster being Dark Cloud is not an ambiguous thing, Dark Cloud's twitter username is even Dark_Cloud630. Though as he says in the current direct thread, he doesn't have inside information.

While it's not on this site, I think these details are relevant considering this is how a poster who is interested in reliable rumors describes information that's conveyed here.

Last edited:

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
It's good that there is some system in place for vouching for honest posters with inside sources. Though there are cases like Dark Cloud, who has previously asserted that he got info about the MP Trilogy being shown at TGA from a source talking to him directly, and insisted that it was not from "Reset Era"

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/189706-nintendo-switch/76068477

nbzGYOt.png

AcAp885.png

This poster being Dark Cloud is not an ambiguous thing, Dark Cloud's twitter username is even Dark_Cloud630. Though as he says in the current direct thread, he doesn't have inside information.

While it's not on this site, I think these details are relevant considering this is how a poster who is interested in reliable rumors describes information that's conveyed here.
If Dark Cloud's name isn't a reference to the PS2 dungeon crawler/town builder classic and is instead just Nega-Cloud Strife I'm going to be devastated.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
The most exciting part about going to sleep is knowing that i'll wake up tomorrow to find that a new leak or rumor has ravaged the thread.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
It's technically not a Direct.

Oh and announcements are pretty much always 2pm UTC.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
It's technically not a Direct.

Oh and announcements are pretty much always 2pm UTC.

Yeah, Direct's / presentation's announcement timings see slight changes only when DST happen.
What's actually interesting is how they got the earlier announcement right. General Directs are announced one day in advance.

Still, they might've just been incredibly lucky XD

EDIT: Also, I'd like to get a link to that post. Pics can be easily faked after all :P

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
I wish we could wipe Sabi's existence from this site. Their twitter posts and what not should be banned. All they do is obfuscate our conversations and never fail to trick a few gullible members on here. And now using Zippo's comments? Fuck off, Sabi.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I wish we could wipe Sabi's existence from this site. Their twitter posts and what not should be banned. All they do is obfuscate our conversations and never fail to trick a few gullible members on here. And now using Zippo's comments? Fuck off, Sabi.

...the person got lots of stuff right in the past.
Just because not every person who leaks stuff is not king zhel (which we don't even have evidence IS a real person or just an account where mods post their leaks) does not mean you have to be so angry at people trying to leak stuff

Everyone is trying to do their best and unless the person has Marcus Sellars track record I think it is ok to post stuff as long as people remember we are all human beings

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
...the person got lots of stuff right in the past.
Just because not every person who leaks stuff is not king zhel (which we don't even have evidence IS a real person or just an account where mods post their leaks) does not mean you have to be so angry at people trying to leak stuff

Everyone is trying to do their best and unless the person has Marcus Sellars track record I think it is ok to post stuff as long as people remember we are all human beings
Sabi's Smash record has been abysmal, I don't know if they have a great record leaking other things but when it comes to Smash there's a reason they're a joke here.

Oct 31, 2017
I was under the impression they often piggy backed off other people and seemed to intentionally be dodgy with predictions so as to be able to walk back predictions when wrong and to laud them when they were right or close to it.

I'll say this, if my impressions were way off the mark I'll recant my previous statement with little hesitation.

Feb 5, 2018

I could have literally 4 channed the same thing if i wanted. Its not that hard.

Anyway, I personally think its Dante, just based on Terry's video length. Sakurai went through a ton of of fighting game history and showed off how intricate Terry's moveset is in about 40 minutes.

Being 5 minutes less, someone like Dante has much less history (5 games) but would be fairly complicated as a character.

He likely would have his trademark style change from DMC 4 and 5 and use a variety of weapons from every game. The level of complicated combos could merit a long runtime like Terry. Also, I think Sakurai would base his look on DMC3, which is his most iconic appearance.

- This is why the lead Developer said they were "motivated" (he put a STRONG emphasis on this word, and super cryptic about it too) to add new DMC3 features (1 thing revealed to be style switching, waddya know!)
- Why there are multiple dates that land on a Thursday to explain the new features of the port (16th, 30th, 13th of Feb). The first is tmrw, which may not be coincidence, they never specified WHERE that info would drop. The 2nd MIGHT be the Nintendo direct. The 3rd may also be the direct date or some additional event.
- Itsuno last year mentioned that DMC should be on the switch if they were going to do a character. Since that comment not even a year ago, 3 games have released for the switch lol.

I just think the pieces are aligning for this one. We'll see.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I could have literally 4 channed the same thing if i wanted. Its not that hard.

Anyway, I personally think its Dante, just based on Terry's video length. Sakurai went through a ton of of fighting game history and showed off how intricate Terry's moveset is in about 40 minutes.

Being 5 minutes less, someone like Dante has much less history (5 games) but would be fairly complicated as a character.

He likely would have his trademark style change from DMC 4 and 5 and use a variety of weapons from every game. The level of complicated combos could merit a long runtime like Terry. Also, I think Sakurai would base his look on DMC3, which is his most iconic appearance.

- This is why the lead Developer said they were "motivated" (he put a STRONG emphasis on this word, and super cryptic about it too) to add new DMC3 features (1 thing revealed to be style switching, waddya know!)
- Why there are multiple dates that land on a Thursday to explain the new features of the port (16th, 30th, 13th of Feb). The first is tmrw, which may not be coincidence, they never specified WHERE that info would drop. The 2nd MIGHT be the Nintendo direct. The 3rd may also be the direct date or some additional event.
- Itsuno last year mentioned that DMC should be on the switch if they were going to do a character. Since that comment not even a year ago, 3 games have released for the switch lol.

I just think the pieces are aligning for this one. We'll see.
Terry's Video was actual 48 minutes. But we really shouldn't look at it too much. He spent like 10ish minutes playing through classic mode.

TheCed

Oct 27, 2017
It has probably been asked a lot so far, but can someone give me the hints that we've gotten so far ?

Thanks

Feb 5, 2018
Terry's Video was actual 48 minutes. But we really shouldn't look at it too much. He spent like 10ish minutes playing through classic mode.

But then yes, It aligns more with what I mean, take away classic and you have something closer to 35. Anyway, it was just a bit of fun cause Id assume Dante would be probably the most complicated Smash character considering how you would have to represent him.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
I still just don't think Nintendo's suddenly just letting a third-party drop a whole bunch of unannounced significant dates for them as a company over a DLC character and a port, personally.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Because of the video's length it's obviously going to be a gacha rep and Sakurai will spend most of the video rerolling a new file to get the card of the character we're getting.

Feb 5, 2018
I still just don't think Nintendo's suddenly just letting a third-party drop a whole bunch of unannounced significant dates for them as a company over a DLC character and a port, personally.

I really dont think it matters. Nintendo WANTS the port to do well regardless because its the most iconic DMC game. Dropping dates isnt breaking an NDA lol. Its literally a date on a calendar. People can speculate all they want.

Feb 5, 2018
Why are we even talking about Dante when Zippo said it's not him probably.

Because I dont actually trust Zippo when he hasnt hinted at anything else. Zippo has yet to prove himself and also comes off, like Fatmanonice, a person who "magically" obtained insider info and they drop random cryptic hints that can be 500 different characters, when clearly before they were speculating like all of us.

Im personally happy with any character. Dante is just a cool bonus and there are several major things going for the character right now.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Because I dont actually trust Zippo when he hasnt hinted at anything else. Zippo has yet to prove himself and also comes off, like Fatmanonice, a person who "magically" obtained insider info and they drop random cryptic hints that can be 500 different characters, when clearly before they were speculating like all of us.

Zippo is verified by our mods as being in a position where he's able to get insider information, btw. You can't pretend to be an insider here, it's a perma-bannable offense. You got to be verified.

Feb 5, 2018
Zippo is verified by our mods as being in a position where he's able to get insider information, btw. You can't pretend to be an insider here, it's a perma-bannable offense. You got to be verified.

It doesnt matter, he has yet to VET his insider information. Nothing he has said has been proven yet

Edit: in fact, nothing he has said is actually a concrete piece of information. He is not Shinobi guys

Feb 5, 2018
That's alright, but comparing him to the clown master fatmanonice is objectively wrong.

I will continue to do so until Zippo actually proves himself. Watching normal users become "insiders" is an extremely rare occurance and everyone should be more skeptical.

I used to talk to sabi BEFORE she was an insider on a discord that had invited LoZ (remember him? The dude that claimed UP AND DOWN Skull Kid was in the game only to troll everyone last minute).

I had entirely doubted Sabi UNTIL she leaked the entire Microsoft and Bethesda E3 shows. I STILL remain skeptical of her Nintendo information however, and like most people who shit on her here, you should remain skeptical of Zippo the same way.

He could have verified a connection to a non-nintendo source and is claiming up and down he has a nintendo source.

All im saying is be careful

Status
Not open for further replies.