• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which event do you think we would see 6th character reveal at?

• General Direct (in Feb)

Votes: 93 25.8%
  • General Direct (in March)

Votes: 45 12.5%
  • E3

Votes: 173 47.9%
  • Random Smash Presentation before E3

Votes: 50 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Where do you think he got his data on Sans and Cuphead as popular requests? There's obviously some kind of informal surveying going on since there's been no direct collection of data since the ballot.
Sans? The ballot I guess. Or whenever he became a meme.

as for cuphead. It's been on the top sellers list on the eshop since it dropped (well almost on it). probably sales data and online discussion

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Morning time in Japan on the 29th = late night in the States on the 28th. Probably get a couple hours of play time with Byleth tomorrow night before heading to bed.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
The Hazard Toggle not being accessible in the rules AND on the stage select is the biggest crime Ultimate has committed.

One of the few things fan-games like Smash Flash 2 have over it; that and Chibi-Robo.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah but we're talking about a stage that was already good with hazards on (Midgar)

Gamer with hazards off is also criminal

Well yeah, the hazard in that level is cool and well implemented.

The summons are nice in concept but it lead to the level itself being super boring.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
did you know that if you're caught between the two halves of Midgar's platform as it reforms after an Odin attack you get instagibbed

it's a shameful way to go out

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Can Bridge of Elden still get Jigglypuff stuck as Giga-puff if you time it correctly like in Brawl? That was the only good part about it

megachao24

Oct 25, 2017
That could be a fun game though — divvy up pass 2's slots to any companies of your choice without being able to pick who they use. So like Grasshopper Manufacture is a pretty safe bet but Capcom or Nintendo is a total mystery.

Mine:
Capcom
Capcom
Bandai Namco
Team Cherry
Square Enix
Shueisha

Nintendo
Arc System Works
Arc System Works
Tecmo Koei
Bandai Namco
Nintendo

Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile
Here's a question for everyone. Do you guys think the "Kong Treehouse" trailer intro (used in K Rool and BK) will be used one more time?

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
"All walk-off suck" feels kind of like "Playing with items is for babies."

Having variety in stage structure and gimmick is why stages beyond BF and FD exist in the first place. Even if a stage isn't tournament legal, I can still be fun. :P

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019

Having variety in stage structure and gimmick is why stages beyond BF and FD exist in the first place. Even if a stage isn't tournament legal, I can still be fun. :P
Sure it can, but I don't like walk-offs or items. I'll never criticize someone else for playing on/with them, but I'd personally prefer not to. Stages like Pokemon Stadium, Castle Siege, Mementos, etc. are fun to me. Great Cave Offensive, Bridge of Eldin, Jungle Japes, etc. are not.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
This is the worst take you've ever had lol.

Then again, a far too large percentage of Smash fans have terrible takes on stages period and seem to just hate fun and unique stages...
To me, stages are never fun when the actual fighting becomes second fiddle. It's also an issue when there's a gimmick that overpowers everything else about playing the game, like Yellow Devil, who takes up half the stage and seems to come back way too quickly. The summons on Midgar are cool and alter the level in fun and interesting ways, but because they're so frequent and basically "fight for" whoever gets the summon, they can become tedious.

Scrolling stages are also just straight up bad.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue

I don't hate that walk off stages exist for people who like them (I even love me some Onett w/ hazards from time to time), but edge guarding is such a huge part of the game on normal stages that it makes games on Bridge of Elden feel just a lot more simplified and less tense to me.

RomanceDawn

Teacher of Superheroines
Oct 29, 2017
Los Angeles
Here's a question for everyone. Do you guys think the "Kong Treehouse" trailer intro (used in K Rool and BK) will be used one more time?

If Dixie is coming I'd say, yes, absolutely and since Dixie is coming I say, yes, absolutely.

I forget, were those treehouse assets the only things reused for trailers? The rivals montage was used a couple times but when was it used, K Rool reveal and some other bad guy?

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To me, stages are never fun when the actual fighting becomes second fiddle. It's also an issue when there's a gimmick that overpowers everything else about playing the game, like Yellow Devil, who takes up half the stage and seems to come back way too quickly. The summons on Midgar are cool and alter the level in fun and interesting ways, but because they're so frequent and basically "fight for" whoever gets the summon, they can become tedious.

You're a man after my own heart.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
No, and hopefully, I hope not.
edit to clarify: not because I don't want a new DK character, but because I wouldn't like them reusing it.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019

Hard agree.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
It's weird that a new DLC fighter is coming in around 24 hours and I don't know... I just kind of don't feel as excited as I usually do...
It's because we had an entire week to let the hype die down unlike Joker, Banjo and Terry who released the same day as their overview video.
Yellow Devil feels so massively ill-conceived

he just turns that poor stage into a nightmare
It especially sucks because I'd love to play that stage with the platforms that come down but you can't do that without also dealing with the Yellow Devil.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Going down the pipes in the Mushroom Kingdom level was half the fun of that level and yet if that stage was introduced today the hardcore Smash community would trash it.

The difference? You're all older and forgot that as kids you didn't care about all this vaibility nonsense. The kids today probably love GCO for example.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Wily Castle feels like a microcosm of bad stage design in Smash. There's enough in the series to make a good level and instead we're on a platform and there's the actual level in the background, presumably where all the parties are happening.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields

It's great when no hazards turns Wily Castle into another FD.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017

So I guess you don't like Gamer as well?

twM0aLR.png

There are few legitimate bad stages that I usually avoided to play; like Mega Man stage which is unfortunate.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
It's great when no hazards turns Wily Castle into another FD.
What Smash considers a hazard is anyone's guess. Some stages still have moving platforms, some remove all platforms, some keep them static.

Heck, some stages like the Great Plateau Tower and Skyworld become more hazardous cos nothing breaks.

They need to do a Xenoblade 2 and give us an option screen where you can turn things off and on on a micro scale.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
The kids today probably love GCO for example.
I refuse to believe that. GCO and Palutena's Temple are probably the two stages where all age groups can unanimously have a bad time.

It's a shame I can't just play Wily Castle with the fun platforms and no Yellow Devil; the hazard toggle is weirdly inconsistent with what counts as "hazards".

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
The big stages are the only ones I hate. Everything else is fine to me.

Hell, the hazards make some stages better to me (like Midgar and the Dialga/Cresselia stuff on Spear Pillar.)

Status
Not open for further replies.