• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which event do you think we would see 6th character reveal at?

• General Direct (in Feb)

Votes: 93 25.8%
  • General Direct (in March)

Votes: 45 12.5%
  • E3

Votes: 173 47.9%
  • Random Smash Presentation before E3

Votes: 50 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I am calling it. It's the only thing that would ruffle feathers.
I don't want to constantly over analyze everything she said since that probably makes insiders' lives miserable

... but I'm going to do it anyway — she corrected someone who was saying it would make Era mad by specifying that she only said the thread would be interesting, so it doesn't necessarily have to be something we'll all riot over.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo agrees to give up TW101 to Platinum

But as a final bootstrap puts TW101 into Smash so people recognize their damn roots and make sure the game is a success mainly on their platform

The ultimate swerve, truly these Tables are Turning

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Further music pack ideas (other than more music from franchises in the game that I like and have more music I like):
  • Synthetized demakes pack
  • Weird Al parodies Smash originals pack
  • Sakurai's kazoo performances while taperunning pack

It's a Byleth joke. Sakurai calls them a Distance Demon in their presentation. :P
Ohh, okay. Forgot that, or didn't notice itat all - I was expecting some FF7 quote or meme.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Broke: Wonderful 101

Woke: Codename STEAM
f97.jpg

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Poke: Wonderful STEAM Uprising Zero Diver Konga

Odysseus provides Unite Sheep and it all goes downhill from there.

I don't want to constantly over analyze everything she said since that probably makes insiders' lives miserable

... but I'm going to do it anyway — she corrected someone who was saying it would make Era mad by specifying that she only said the thread would be interesting, so it doesn't necessarily have to be something we'll all riot over.
Yeah. I probably should have used a different term than "ruffle feathers" or rephrased my post a bit.

Based on history though, platform exclusives going multi-platform usually doesn't sit well with the really hardcore console warriors on Era and the rest of the internet, so the reactions would still be sort of interesting.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Broke: Wonderful 101

Woke: Codename STEAM

As one of the people who you could count to using your fingers (in binary) who loved Codename STEAM, I would be ecstatic to get more of it in Smash. I was pretty hyped that Byleth's Master/Crazy hand fight used Code Name F.E. as the final battle theme.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As one of the people who you could count to using your fingers (in binary) who loved Codename STEAM, I would be ecstatic to get more of it in Smash. I was pretty hyped that Byleth's Master/Crazy hand fight used Code Name F.E. as the final battle theme.

wtf do i have to get byleth now

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I genuinely wonder what sakurai do considering limited newcomer slots if Nintendo somehow had a bunch of new succesful ios at the same time before the project plan of a new smash

now it's unlikely that they would have that many brand new ip at the same time so it be more likely if Nintendo merged with a company

like say namco

and suddenly tekken and soul caliber and tales and idol master and dark souls? are 1st party

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Couldn't they just like do Advance Wars but with Valkyria Chronicles mechanics? Would make it so you care about your soldiers more anyway.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Man that animal Crossing Switch theme tweet blew up.

just reminds me how much I dislike that Isabelle is just a Semi-clone when she deserved better

Prof Bathtub

Apr 26, 2018
Couldn't they just like do Advance Wars but with Valkyria Chronicles mechanics? Would make it so you care about your soldiers more anyway.

Advance Wars gameplay is predicated on underage COs sending countless nameless grunts into the meat grinder of war.

31486-battalion-wars-screenshot.jpg

I mean, there were two Battalion Wars games, they did try to expand the _____ Wars branding, though Kuju London perhaps wasn't as reliable as Intelligent Systems. I should probably revisit the first one, but the VA and presentation really doesn't strike the right chord.

Anyway, I appreciate Codename Steam for doing something a little different in terms of gameplay to the other grid-based IS strategy series, so it would feel like a shame if they had forced it into the AW umbrella.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Sorry friends, I'm not a boomer that played Advance Wars on the game boy so I have dibs on Intelligent Systems making Paper Mario 3, WarioWare Switch, and the Geneology remake before they can make your waifu-less tank game.

Status
Not open for further replies.