• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which event do you think we would see 6th character reveal at?

• General Direct (in Feb)

Votes: 93 25.8%
  • General Direct (in March)

Votes: 45 12.5%
  • E3

Votes: 173 47.9%
  • Random Smash Presentation before E3

Votes: 50 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Why does P3 need a remake? It plays fine. If we're remaking anything it should be Innocent Sin, but mostly I'd just prefer new games. Atlus already doesn't put out nearly as much compared to the good old days.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
ISA43Aq.gif
He ain't putting smiles anywhere.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why does P3 need a remake? It plays fine. If we're remaking anything it should be Innocent Sin, but mostly I'd just prefer new games. Atlus already doesn't put out nearly as much compared to the good old days.

If we got an Innocent Sin remake Atlus would remove Jun as a romantic option and make a bunch of gay panic jokes at his expense.

Because Atlus.

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
Can we redub JoJo Part 4 while we're at it? Even putting his shit aside, he really phoned it in regarding Rohan. The one blemish on an otherwise-great dub.
Oh god he's Rohan? That's a bad miscast in general.

There is no "definitive" version of P3. FES has the Answer and is fully playable but no female protagonist and Portable has a female protagonist and controllable party members but no Answer and skimps on the presentation and is more of a visual novel.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Oh god he's Rohan? That's a bad miscast in general.

There is no "definitive" version of P3. FES has the Answer and is fully playable but no female protagonist and Portable has a female protagonist and controllable party members but no Answer and skimps on the presentation and is more of a visual novel.
>FeMC
>Controllable party
>Game is literally 10 hours shorter due to turning the boring relatively static world into a quick menu
>Doesn't have The Answer

P3P is the perfect version of that game though :^3

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
Like I said, he's the one blemish of the dub. Everyone else did great, Ferdinand Billy Kametz & Wesker D.C. Douglas especially. Byleth Zach Aguilar was also great, who returns in Part 5's dub.
I've heard D.C. Douglas as Kira and he's fantastic. Between Wesker, Rufus Albarea, and him, the guy is extremely good at playing smarmy blonde dudes.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
P3 is the roughest of the new style Persona's and doesn't really have a definitive edition like 4 and 5. If you're just buying the game people can't seem to agree whether FES or Portable is better whereas for the others theres no reason not to get Golden or Royal.

And I assume they wouldn't remake P2 because they probably want it to sell.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Okay but...

>On a dead system.
I'm crossing my fingers for PS5 to have PSP and PSV backwards compatibility along with all the home consoles. That would be pretty chill.

But yeah I definitely wouldn't say no to rereleasing some of the old MegaTen games on modern systems, I'm just not excited about remaking any of them.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
I'm crossing my fingers for PS5 to have PSP and PSV backwards compatibility along with all the home consoles. That would be pretty chill.

But yeah I definitely wouldn't say no to rereleasing some of the old MegaTen games on modern systems, I'm just not excited about remaking any of them.
at this point my dying gasp will be cursing atlus for keeping DDS1/2 off modern consoles

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I kind of liked the new soundtrack better.

Unacceptable.

P3 is the roughest of the new style Persona's and doesn't really have a definitive edition like 4 and 5. If you're just buying the game people can't seem to agree whether FES or Portable is better whereas for the others theres no reason not to get Golden or Royal.

And I assume they wouldn't remake P2 because they probably want it to sell.

Yeah I'm good. I don't need modern Atlus touching Persona 2.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i really can't think of an SMT hottake right now that isn't just dunking on Persona 5
uhhhhh
The Answer is still terrible but Heartful Cry and Darkness can make it worthwhile

The sad thing is that I think I'm coming around back to P5 in the lead up to Royal.

Like I focused so much on everything the game does wrong (and there's a lot) but on the flipside the game takes style to a new height that games rarely meet, and when the stars align it remembers to have something powerful and controversial to say about a society that protects the rich and corrupt and how they need to be brought down.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Smash Era has a lot of bad hot takes. I've seen the way people talk about Ninja Gaiden around these parts. 😝

Jun 11, 2019
My only SMT hottakes are lame
P5 is fine, it's main plot is pretty ass but some of the characters pretty cool when the game isn't treating them like garbage

Nocturne is dope but I blame it for SMT's fanbase being the way that it is lol

P3 sucks and P4 is probably the best of the bunch

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
The sad thing is that I think I'm coming around back to P5 in the lead up to Royal.

Like I focused so much on everything the game does wrong (and there's a lot) but on the flipside the game takes style to a new height that games rarely meet, and when the stars align it remembers to have something powerful and controversial to say about a society that protects the rich and corrupt and how they need to be brought down.
the game's aesthetic actually winds up hurting my eyes if i look at it too long, eye strain is real if i don't turn down the brightness
it's why i have mementos set to only play Persona 3 music, gotta get that cool blue in my life (and also mass destruction is good)

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
I saw people were talking about Vic, and having him voice Rohan (my favorite Jojo character overall, I know that's probably a hot take) singlehandedly ruined the Part 4 dub for me even though every other character was almost perfectly cast.

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
All Persona games are bad.

Personas 1 and 2 have terrible gameplay.

Personas 3, 4, and 5 have the calendar system that continues to be a scourge upon all RPGs and a social link system that Falcom already made a better version of in 2013.

Personas 4 and 5 have interesting messages that they then immediately proceed to ruin for the sake of either fanservice or because they have no idea how to follow up on controversial plots.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
P5 is pretty uneven and there's definitely a lot to say about the pacing, but on the other hand the characters are all fun, the music and visuals are incredible, and the combat/dungeons are such a massive step up for the series that it's probably my favorite modern Persona game. It's hard to compare to P2 which is the exact opposite of terrible to play but with a really compelling story but I'd definitely rather replay 5.

I guess it's similar to SMTIV: Apocalypse in many ways, where I have some issues with the direction of the series in a few areas but then when you're actually fighting monsters it's incredible.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue

Personas 3, 4, and 5 have the calendar system that continues to be a scourge upon all RPGs and a social link system that Falcom already made a better version of in 2013.

Personas 4 and 5 have interesting messages that they then immediately proceed to ruin for the sake of either fanservice or because they have no idea how to follow up on controversial plots.
... Persona 3 came out in 2006

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
People like to say P5 undermines its own themes but it's at least grokking at something kind of novel, thematically speaking.

P4 is just "be exactly who society expects you to be."

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My only SMT hottakes are lame
P5 is fine, it's main plot is pretty ass but some of the characters pretty cool when the game isn't treating them like garbage

Nocturne is dope but I blame it for SMT's fanbase being the way that it is lol

P3 sucks and P4 is probably the best of the bunch

Nocturne is simultaneously an all-star classic that deserves to be canonized in the RPG hall of fame while also being entirely responsible for SMT getting a rep as a series for edgelords that it's never shaken off.

the game's aesthetic actually winds up hurting my eyes if i look at it too long, eye strain is real if i don't turn down the brightness
it's why i have mementos set to only play Persona 3 music, gotta get that cool blue in my life (and also mass destruction is good)

Like at least how I see it P5 is the game that made menus cool. The hell other game can do that?

This will always be true though. P4 was bad enough where everyone's happy ending involved conforming to the desires of society as much as possible, but it's even worse in P5 where occasional moments of brilliance get ruined by its need for being an anime power fantasy game.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
My hot Katamari take is the playing order for the series is:

1. Katamari Damacy
2. We <3 Katamari
3. return to step one and loop indefinitely

Oh wait that's not a hot take it's just objectively true.

Status
Not open for further replies.