• The ResetEra Games of the Year Awards 2018 results are now live! Congratulations to all the winners!
  • Sidebar and Width settings will now no longer reset after 4 hours of inactivity! We have implemented a new system that will remember these preferences on each browser, for both members and guests. This allows you to choose different settings on different devices if you so desire.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Downloadable Contents Discussion Thread | The Wild Ride is still on!

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
The characters seem somewhat plausible from a promotional standpoint, but I don't think the leak itself is legitimate. There's no way that somebody would know why all of the DLC characters were chosen and when they're going to be revealed.
The reveal is a good point but nothing about the tie in games was very out there.
Doom Eternal is already revealed, everyone knows that minecraft sells like hot cakes in japan, Dragon Quest has been set to launch for the switch before we even knew the switch would be named switch and Persona had registered those url a long time ago

Oct 27, 2017
If you're using gmail, perhaps trying searching is:important.
thanks, I guess I maybe deleted it from my actual web gmail account, but I dont remember doing so. But at home, it was still in my desktop mail app. so I found it.

For what it is worth, Email subject line is
"Thanks for your purchase of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate game "

Nov 25, 2018
The characters seem somewhat plausible from a promotional standpoint, but I don't think the leak itself is legitimate. There's no way that somebody would know why all of the DLC characters were chosen and when they're going to be revealed.
This is my stance as well.

Most smash rumors that turn out true are just lists or dropped with no teasing or anything. And all the fake rumors give incredibly detailed explanations of whatever they have along with reasoing for why they where selected.

New Sakruai column, in which he talks about playing a ton of Dragon Quest Builders 2. Obviously it doesn't mean anything for sure, buuuut....
https://nintendoeverything.com/saku...sh-bros-ultimate-creating-entertainment-more/

He also mentions having played Judgement, which means absolutely nothing, but I'm still going to use it as an excuse to hope for Kiryu in Smash anyway.
The thought of Sakurai playing Smash at home like the rest of us just gives me the Fuzzies (not the Yoshi's Island kind).

Also we must be getting pretty close to the Plant's release, which is incredibly exciting

I wonder when PP arrives if there’ll be any new data for people to gather in the files?
Probably, based on the Smash 4 updates (where we knew about almost everything from the E3 2015 presentation before it aired). They always mess up on something while removing in-development stuff from patches.

I just hope stuff doesn’t leak through music or victory themes this time. That makes it boring.

Oct 25, 2017
This is my stance as well.

Most smash rumors that turn out true are just lists or dropped with no teasing or anything. And all the fake rumors give incredibly detailed explanations of whatever they have along with reasoing for why they where selected.
I think the only super detailed rumor that ended up true was the Dragoon post back on GameFAQs during the Brawl hype cycle. The guy even had long, drawn out argument with one of the mods even about it.

I think the only super detailed rumor that ended up true was the Dragoon post back on GameFAQs during the Brawl hype cycle. The guy even had long, drawn out argument with one of the mods even about it.
There was one Reddit leak back in September (that a lot of people ignored) from a tester for Ultimate who detailed some stuff about Incineroar and Piranha Plant. I'll try to find it (since I haven't seen many people bring it up).

EDIT: Found it, here.
EDIT 2: He posted a bunch more stuff elsewhere. Here are his other posts:
I'm surprised the SmashWiki leaks page is completely missing this one.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2017
Yeah, there's just no way that all five fighters will be known by E3, as that rumor says. It's reasonable to think that Nintendo wants that hype train to go all year long.