• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
On that topic, does anyone think they'll be doing echoes as extra dlc? It seems cheap and a potential way to bring in more requested stuff without taking too much time.
I would be fine with that happening (and the idea has been brought up plenty of times since the November Direct), but at this point i'm not sure if we'll see it.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
When it comes to new stages, Pokemon is the only one from the base game that feels egregiously absent - most of the other newcomers either got new stages (Inkling, the Belmonts) or had enough stages in their series that "fit" (Isabelle, Ridley). The fact we didn't get an Alola stage for Incineroar is still weird to me. Like, new Mario and Zelda stages, and a bunch of Gen VII tracks... but nope, nothing. Maybe the lack of HD assets for reference/conversion was an issue.

K. Rool is close behind. But that's more a symptom of "Donkey Kong stuff is all jungle themed" than anything else. There's a hundred cool locations across five DKC games... but I guess none of them are "iconic" enough.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I think the Pokemon Stadiums fit Incineroar just as well as the existing AC and Metroid stages fit Isabelle and Ridley

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Everyone should already know that Incineroar's home stage is Boxing Ring; just like how K. Rool's home stage is Pirate Ship.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
I think we'll still get a Dragon Quest rep as the second fighter, but I think Luminary will be the default character rather than Erdrick/Loto, because his game is the relevant one, and I think he'll be there to promote DQXIS, which Nintendo is heavily pushing.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'll vouch for Tetris after hearing this banger remix.

Unce unce unce, baby!

422411457494515712.gif

I am terrible at tetris, so can't wait till they add CPUs so I can win a little. :p

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no

Woylie

May 9, 2018
Really hoping 3.0 adds Stage Builder! The blurred out screenshot they had in the trailer seemed like maybe it could be based on the button placement, but that could just be wishful thinking. As many have said, allowing for custom Break the Targets stages would solve the problem of not being able to make 70+ target levels for each character.

A proper photo mode where you can place and pose assets including assist trophies and bosses would also be cool. Maybe also the ability to stick Spirits onto a screenshot like a sticker.

If they add those two and make photos, replays, Stage Builder stages, and Mii fighters shareable on the app when that comes out, it would be an amazing addition to the game.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Since Vergeben was the one mostly pushing Erdrick, I ignored all Erdrick rumors since I thought they were just copying him...

Yup. Tetris 99 locks in the need for some greater form of Tetris representation beyond music.
There were two 4chan Erdrick rumors that predate Vergeben.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Really hoping 3.0 adds Stage Builder! The blurred out screenshot they had in the trailer seemed like maybe it could be based on the button placement, but that could just be wishful thinking. As many have said, allowing for custom Break the Targets stages would solve the problem of not being able to make 70+ target levels for each character.

A proper photo mode where you can place and pose assets including assist trophies and bosses would also be cool. Maybe also the ability to stick Spirits onto a screenshot like a sticker.

If they add those two and make photos, replays, Stage Builder stages, and Mii fighters shareable on the app when that comes out, it would be an amazing addition to the game.
I do too. Stage builder adds a lot of fun with friends. To go with this, I want CPU's added to the online.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So is the dream dead for Xenoblade 2 characters?
While I'm not too hopeful on this Fighter Pass, due to the possibility of the pass being third party focused, I think we can get another Pass that's focused on Nintendo characters originating on the Switch now that we would have some time to allow the Switch to grow a catalogue of new characters that can come to Smash.

If nothing else Sakurai has gone on record apologizing for Xenoblade 2 and ARMS getting passed over for the roster multiple times and has even done so very recently in an interview so he recognizes the demand so it's just the matter if there would be a chance to accommodate them before they tie up their DLC plans.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I thought all the Fighter Pass characters are supposed to be from people other than Nintendo.

We don't know that for sure, but joker obviously is and the majority of the new characters as 4 dlc were third parties, with only Corrin and veterans from Nintendo.

I want rex or pyra/Mythra or some combination of them to be one of the characters, but I'm pretty much assuming they're not happening else Sakurai probably wouldn't feel he needs to keep apologising for the omission

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think we'll see a second Pass. Sakurai generally tries his best not to let people down and Ultimate is basically that development mentality turned into a video game and he knows how much people want Rex and Spring Man considering he's talked about it alot so I can see him doing another one if only to cover the final bases for recent Switch titles and close up shop then

At this point there's not really much of a reason to not do more DLC after the first Pass outside of Sakurai wanting to be done with Ultimate and move on so if does decide to bring in one more selection focusing on the Switch's newest stars then Rex and Spring Man (yes AT not withstanding) are practically locks. Of course it's reasonable to assume he would want to take a break but I'm not entirely convinced he will stop after the current Pass

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I saw some rumors around v apparently involving files on the official Smash site.

It's 99.99% likely BS but I'm curious how would you feel if this was the remaining DLC?

Chrono
Reimu
Banjo
Agumon

Last edited:

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
I'm expecting a direct before end of April showing off Joker more with an announcement of who is next.

I'm waiting for the 3.0 update so data miners can see what they can find

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Update 3.0 needs some serious changes for the online mode:

- I want to team up online with somebody and quick match
- More customize options
- QoL changes like even faster rematches
- Online improvements in general

Joker should play like Pokemon Trainer. That is all I need. Also don't nerf Palutena after all these years of Smash 4. Thanks.

Edit: Also I think the next Smash Direct will be at the end of March I guess. The last Persona 5 animation episode will air on March 23rd, I think they will then announce Persona 5 R and also Nintendo will release Joker after that.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
So I saw some rumors around v apparently involving files on the official Smash site.

It's 99.99% likely BS but I'm curious how would you feel if this was the reming DLC?

Chrono
Reimu
Banjo
Agumon

As I've said before, Crono is close enough to a DQ rep that I'd be happy. Chrono Trigger is sort of like the Bravely Default Dragon Quest's Final Fantasy.

And man, it sounds super unlikely, but I know my brother and I have definitely mused the idea of being able to do a Pokemon/Digimon matchup for a long time now. The other two are like pretty much "Don't know, don't care."

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I think we'll see a second Pass. Sakurai generally tries his best not to let people down and Ultimate is basically that development mentality turned into a video game and he knows how much people want Rex and Spring Man considering he's talked about it alot so I can see him doing another one if only to cover the final bases for recent Switch titles and close up shop then

At this point there's not really much of a reason to not do more DLC after the first Pass outside of Sakurai wanting to be done with Ultimate and move on so if does decide to bring in one more selection focusing on the Switch's newest stars then Rex and Spring Man (yes AT not withstanding) are practically locks. Of course it's reasonable to assume he would want to take a break but I'm not entirely convinced he will stop after the current Pass
To be fair, he could probably make up for their absence in the next Smash game.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, he could probably make up for their absence in the next Smash game.

Spring Man is one thing but Rex really was a case of "now or never". By the time the next Smash rolls out, Monolith will probably have already produced a new XB with a new protagonist.

In that sense, Xenoblade 2 will probably be on the same boat as all those Fire Emblem games and Pokemon generations that missed their chance of getting a rep in Smash and will forever be snubbed outside of maybe assist trophies.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Spring Man is one thing but Rex really was a case of "now or never". By the time the next Smash rolls out, Monolith will probably have already produced a new XB with a new protagonist.

In that sense, Xenoblade 2 will probably be on the same boat as all those Fire Emblem games and Pokemon generations that missed their chance of getting a rep in Smash and will forever be snubbed outside of maybe assist trophies.
Sadly, I 100% agree. We'll likely have a new Xenoblade protagonist by the time the next Smash game rolls by. At least with Spring Man, he'll remain the main character of a decently-successful new franchise, which helps with his long-term chances.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

It's 99.99% likely BS but I'm curious how would you feel if this was the reming DLC?

Chrono
Reimu
Banjo
Agumon
Man, there's part of me that would kind of dig Agumon getting in? I feel like he could be mechanically interesting if they had a Digivolution that allowed him to become Greymon for a short time.

Crono would be another fun pick as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.