• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zarzolaon

Mar 16, 2018
OH
I hadn't watched that Sakurai video, it's really good. You can totally see how he picked the DLC characters much he loves the game to gush for 10 minutes about it.

This made me laugh.

HAmbQdd.png
I'm getting more curious about how he feels about MegaTen as a whole. We know about his love for Persona. As for the rest, maybe there's some mention in old articles or something.

Looking at what we have in Smash, it could be either:

A. He mainly likes Persona, and feels the rest wasn't worth it.
B. He is a fan, maybe since the beginning, and chose to pocket SMT content for later.

Looking at Shovel Knight, Fatal Frame, Monster Hunter, and Bomberman, I might've expected the Atlus representation being like that (had Joker not made it). This is also still an option for SMT, but 3.0.0 seemed like a good opportunity for it. Time constraints is another possibility.

Maybe they were testing a female alt, but the timing with Atlus' reveal didn't line up so they scrapped her
Or, hear me out... we finally get DLC costumes for characters, going beyond the limit of 8, featuring her as one of the first.

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
If Jane is unrelated to Joker, could Jane's data have been mixed in with Joker's by accident during development?

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Why do I feel like there's a none zero chance of a female Joker echo being shadowdropped after the concert. It seems possible, but at the same time, there's some issues, I think.

Joker's moveset feels too specific to Joker, and they'd have to animate an all new Persona to go with her, which seems outside the scope of an echo that would, in theory, be dropped and added as a free bonus for Joker purchases. Even if she's a clone of Joker in her own game, the Persona makes her require new work.

There's also no placeholder spaces for 1-2 fighter spirits, meaning she'd be after the unreleased Peachette and Labo spirits, which would either be kind of weird (they're not going to release those spirits before next week), or require them to change up the spirit order in Jane's patch, which seems like a pointless thing to need to do, since they could have just planned for her inclusion and either added the Peachette + Labo spirits with her update, or reserved 1 or 2 slots in between the Persona spirits and Peachette.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How would everyone feel if "Jane" was released as an Echo fighter for Joker who you get for free if you bought him?

Zarzolaon

Mar 16, 2018
OH
Why do I feel like there's a none zero chance of a female Joker echo being shadowdropped after the concert. It seems possible, but at the same time, there's some issues, I think.

Joker's moveset feels too specific to Joker, and they'd have to animate an all new Persona to go with her, which seems outside the scope of an echo that would, in theory, be dropped and added as a free bonus for Joker purchases. Even if she's a clone of Joker in her own game, the Persona makes her require new work.

There's also no placeholder spaces for 1-2 fighter spirits, meaning she'd be after the unreleased Peachette and Labo spirits, which would either be kind of weird, or require them to change up the spirit order in Jane's patch, which seems like a pointless thing to need to do, since they could have just planned for her inclusion and either added the Peachette + Labo spirits with her update, or reserved 1 or 2 slots in between the Persona spirits and Peachette.
It''s possible. Depends on how close she is t0 Joker, and how close her persona is to Arsene (we have had doppelganger personas before).

How would everyone feel if "Jane" was released as an Echo fighter for Joker who you get for free if you bought him?
Ideal because she would get her own alts.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
if this art when Joker was announced is any indication that we're getting at least this kind of stuff for DLC, I'll be a bit more relieved..

Joker_artwork.png

one of the coolest things from each newcomer from Smash4 were the incredible posters. What I wouldn't do for a Charles Zembillas interpretation of Nintendo characters when/if Crash is announced ~

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
If Jane was going to be a Joker echo, why not just wait a week and release the patch with her included instead of needing a patch a week after the other patch? That seems confusing and complicated, development pipeline-wise. And also not leaving any references to this plan in the files (like a fighter spirit slot or random junk data that was supposed to be removed)

Unless they feel that Joker and "Jane" need their own updates seperated so that each can get some focus and PR and extend the hype for both Smash and Persona.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If we're getting art with DLC characters, I am all in for Dragon Quest getting an original Akira Toriyama.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I was really disappointed that Ultimate didn't have unique posters for the newcomers, like how Smash 4 did it.

Imagine K. Rool's poster being styled after Rare's old renders, featuring the characters with rudimentary 3D models lol

didandix.jpg

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Yeah I was really disappointed that Ultimate didn't have unique posters for the newcomers, like how Smash 4 did it.

Imagine K. Rool's poster being styled after Rare's old renders, featuring the characters with rudimentary 3D models lol

didandix.jpg
Don't worry, they can make up for this missed opportunity when Banjo gets announced.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017

didandix.jpg
I can't really think of what ridley's poster would have been, stylistically. Metroid doesn't have like some famous or set thing to have for art work like that.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
I can't really think of what ridley's poster would have been, stylistically. Metroid doesn't have like some famous or set thing to have for art work like that.

Smash 4 had a handful of generic CG poster renders with no specific art style, like Rosalina's.

il_794xN.669093511_nu5t.jpg

I imagine they would of done that for Ridley.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Well hey, if we really do get Jane as a Joker Echo, can they just like, throw in two or three more Persona tracks please? The lineup is pretty good, but like

I want Life Will Change and Whims of Fate. Especially the latter.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Man the western boxart for Super Metroid really does kinda blow in comparison to the Japanese one

flat,550x550,075,f.u3.jpg

The way Ridley is covered in shadows on the JP box looks a lot more threatening and dynamic than how he's depicted on the 'Murica art.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I find it unlikely that there is an echo coming. If that was the case. Why not wait a week for 3.0 instead after P5R is full unveiled? Rather than updating twice or announcing it as a side note later

One possible scenario, which is unlikely, is that they will let Atlus reveal that. But again it would be odd

and if P5R girl is not a female Joker, than she would unlikely be an echo because she would not have Arsene, or a version of it (like how P3 FEMC had a version of Orpheus). Unless he persona is so identical to it. Which I also find unlikely

Just rather not see people get hopes up for what could ultimately be nothing. If pony event stood for ponytail despite it being a hair system. Even then we do not know when that data was from during Joker's development and could have long been scrapped or outdated or renamed by the time it was found

What would Jane's final smash be? Would her game have different party members?
you'll find out next week. But if she was an echo, she would just be Joker and have an All out Attack with her own team

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
What would Jane's final smash be? Would her game have different party members?
It really depends on what P5R actually is. If she is staring in a separate campaign (like some have speculated) she might have some new party members to use, but if it's a P3P-style FeMC she could probably stick with the Phantom Thieves.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Just checked and Morgana is the only person to refer to Joker by name, so all of the team's lines can be reused for an echo, except for Morgana, who would have needed new lines anyway for potential taunts

This is all English, I have no idea what the original Japanese lines are

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just checked and Morgana is the only person to refer to Joker by name, so all of the team's lines can be reused for an echo, except for Morgana, who would have needed new lines anyway for potential taunts

if she was a FeMC version of Joker, then she too would be called Joker anyway

only way that does not happen is if she is the protag of her own story

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
The datamine indicates Jane is absolutely an alt costume in the files, right? I'll go with it being cut for now. Might have been an attempt at a promo crossover with Atlus that didn't work out.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

in what way. If she was an echo. She would have Arsene or a persona that highly resembles it

And doubt the final smash would change much. If she is female Joker, than she would jsut keep the current team. Or a version of her own in some way.

Although it IS possible for Jane to not be Joker and have his abilities. The Wild Card user's powers can be passed/borrowed as Aigis received her power from P3 MC

So it IS possible for this girl to be her own, but use Joker's powers. But doubtful that is the case

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018

Just listened to all of the Japanese voice clips; Morgana is still the only one that refers to Joker by name.

Zarzolaon

Mar 16, 2018
OH
It it's possible she was cut for reasons, it's also possible she was delayed for reasons, and either way they wouldn't want to hold up Joker. I do hope it wasn't the former.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
several echoes have unique Final Smashes

it's always a possibility

there's really not much else in the game that would qualify as a FS otherwise

It it's possible she was cut for reasons, it's also possible she was delayed for reasons, and either way they wouldn't want to hold up Joker. I do hope it wasn't the former.

Or it didn't mean anything either. People really hoping just off this file name which could be nothing

Strat

Apr 8, 2018

Joker is a codename. It probably wouldn't change.

Also, if it's a P3P style FeMC it's just going to be 99% the same with some different relationship stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.