• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
V6LP5f1.png

Since we are jumping from a thread to another thread to discuss about potential DLC so I presume that it's a time for us to trying to get us a home where we could discuss about future contents.

Currently we know that we are getting Piranha Plant soon (within a month or so) and we know that Joker stole one of five slot for DLC characters so four characters remains to be unknown so we are still waiting for more information. Also there is a detail that specifically confirmed that we are getting more Mii Costumes as part of their DLC plans. The real question is; Are we going to get more contents than we are expecting? Beyond Mii Costumes and Fighters Pass? I'm positive that some fans would hope that we would get more contents somehow.

0P6F1YR.png

It's a season pass for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate which will contain all five planned DLC packs. Those DLC packs each come with a fighter, a new stage and additional music tracks. You could save 5 dollars overall by purchasing the Fighter Pass, which costs $24.99 USD. However, if you aren't comfortable paying upfront, especially without knowing the details of the DLC contents, then each pack individually can be bought for $5.99. As an additional bonus, if you get the Fighter Pass then you will obtain a free Xenoblade 2's Rex Mii Costume.

RUMORS

There are multiple rumors about Downloadable contents but I urge you to take it with grains of salts. Nothing sets in stone until Nintendo 100% confirmed those details or the leaks itself is somehow very convincing with reliable access to images or/and video. I guess there is only reliable information we had on second downloadable character which had a codename which named as Brave. Most common guesses around here is that they strongly believe that Brave is a main character named Erdrick from Dragon Quest franchise.

Mobile Friendly Version:

Image #1

Early Purchase Bonus Character

Piranha Plant

In order to obtain Piranha Plant for free, you need to register your copy of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate before Jan 31, 2019. If you purchase the digital version of the game on Nintendo.com or eShop, it will automatically be registered for you. If you opt to buy the physical retail version then you need to register the game card online with MyNintendo. You can do this from the Switch main menu when the game card is present within the Switch console. The Piranha Plant is expected to release in February but there is not yet a fixed date as of launch. You should receive an email in your inbox with the Piranha Plant promo code to redeem online. If you haven't received any then make sure to check your junk inbox or promotion inbox first before contacting Nintendo Support! If you are unable to register your copy before Jan 31, 2019, then you will be able to purchase Piranha Plant from the eShop as DLC. Note that Piranha Plant is not included in the Fighter Pass!

Image #2
Challenger Pack #1 features Joker from Persona 5, along with a stage and bunch of songs (they are still unknown at the point)

The image of Joker with Smash Invitation was made by Nibroc-Rock

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how deep of a dive we'll get into Atlus music. Just Persona 5? Persona 3 and 4 as well? Maybe some Shen Megami Tensei music perhaps?

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
The most famous rumor so far is :

http://toro.2ch.sc/test/read.cgi/famicom/1544237351

1 Joker
P5R will be released in the first half of 2019.

2 Erdrick (Roto's name overseas)
Anlucia and Eleven (Luminary's name in Japan) as pallet swaps.
More past DQ titles will be re-releasing in 2019, beyond just DQ11S.
He's in to promote the DQ franchise overseas (DQ11S will be published by Nintendo).

3 Ryu Hayabusa
There is a project going on for Ninja Gaiden's 30th anniversary.
New game comes out in 2019 (not sure it's brand new or not).

4 Steve
He will be announced at E3 2019.
Alex and Master Chief skin as pallet swaps.
He was supposed to be in the base roster but became DLC to promote 'Minecraft Dungeons'.

5 Marine (from DOOM)
He will be announced at E3 2019.
Classic costume (based on DOOM 64) as a pallet swap.
Promotion for DOOM Eternal.

So we need a project for Ninja Gaiden's 30th anniversairy and past DQ titles to be confirmed.
Noted that PS5R is not mentioned to be on the switch in this rumor

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I don't buy the DLC rumor. Joker was revealed already and Erdrick was talked/discussed/rumored heavily as well.

Tho Doomguy would be great.

Also, based off "the announcements date" they posted with the rumors is also a huge red flag for me.

ckfy63a

Oct 28, 2017
a place beyond seeing...
The most famous rumor so far is :

http://toro.2ch.sc/test/read.cgi/famicom/1544237351

So we need a project for Ninja Gaiden's 30th anniversairy and past DQ titles to be confirmed.
Noted that PS5R is not mentioned to be on the switch in this rumor

I'm sorry, but this lineup would be a letdown to me. No first party characters? I mean, I get the marketing and all that, but I feel like the pass should've been called "Guest Fighters' Pass," or something that conveys the makeup of the DLC roster would be completely different than that of the base game.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I've spoken highly of Ryu Hayabusa since the Ultimate hype cycle. I would be so down for that particular NES icon making it in as playable.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see how the roster could be considered complete without Chargin' Chuck, Monita, Wan-Con, and Tembo the Badass Elephant as fighters

I don't believe anything beyond Erdrick on any of the rumors going around, there's no way that all 5 are third party characters

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
I don't buy the DLC rumor. Joker was revealed already and Erdrick was talked/discussed/rumored heavily as well.

Tho Doomguy would be great.

Also, based off "the announcements date" they posted with the rumors is also a huge red flag for me.

Same. I felt so skeptical of that rumor because it just happened that that leaker just knew quite a lot of information; and based on past experience with DLC leak is that no one knew full DLC roster for Smash 4.

jman0625

One Winged Slayer
Dec 18, 2017
Hayabusa and Doomguy would be so sick, hoping Banjo isn't also a skin of Steve if that particular rumor is true

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'm surprised this thread didn't exist already. Either way, consider this thread watched.

NeoPancho

Nov 3, 2017
I just hope that rumor is wrong!, the only character i'm somewhat interested is Ryu Hayabusa. I think that Joker was a nice surprise, just not one i'm really interested. I Would love to see a SNK character added to Smash, with how succesful the ACA NeoGeo has been in Switch maybe Nintendo took notice, but it doesn't look too likely...

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
I just want some Golden Sun representation. Jenna or Fenix would be awesome characters.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
Really hoping that those DLC rumors are false, because I'd be extremely disappointed. I love Smash so I won't regret my purchase of the fighters pass, but it would suck if the only character I have any attachment to is Joker. Plus, I actively do not want DQ or Steve.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
In any other circumstance, I'd have your same reaction. But the emptiness of hype left in the wake of my dead dreams left me with no power to actively hate anyone. With that said, the rumor saying E3 for both Steve & Doom Marine has me somewhat doubting its legitimacy.

Big Yoshi

Nov 25, 2018
I Don't beleive the ryu 2 rumor, but i'm 99% sure all the dlc characters are ginna be third party.
also the very real possibility that sans gets in.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Let's GO!
hopefully, we'll get something as striking as K rool or some wildcard like an Undertale character

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
It's just a gut feeling that we might get at least one Nintendo character this time but I don't blame anyone not believing that we would get more Nintendo character(s).

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
I still don't understand why people actually like Lanky Kong nowadays, and still never do. He's pretty much bottom tier Kong for me. /equip flame shield on

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Even if the rumor is fake, I think we're all expecting characters of that type for the fighters pass. So to me, there isn't really anything to speculate on, and Erdrick being the 2nd character would only strengthen that direction.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I don't buy the rumor at all. Nintendo has no reason to promote Minecraft like they are for Joker and Erdrick, I don't care how much publicity they would get from it.

Also, Banjo isn't happening people. No matter how big a part of your childhood Banjo Kazooie was, it doesn't change the fact that in 2019 it's a super obscure game.
also the very real possibility that sans gets in.
There is literally zero chance of that happening.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Even if the rumor is fake, I think we're all expecting characters of that type for the fighters pass. So to me, there isn't really anything to speculate on, and Erdrick being the 2nd character would only strengthen that direction.

Or it's plausible that they want to start with third parties right away because it requires more communication with the teams to get their approvals with the characters and Nintendo characters are more likely to be slightly easier to communicate with the IP owners.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If Ryu Hayabusa is in we get Unbreakable Determination in Smash Bros.

And remixes.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Joker
Erdrick
Capcom rep (Dante/Monster Hunter/Phoenix Wright/Amaterasu/etc.)
Namco rep (Probably just Lloyd or Heihachi)
Wild Card (likely one of the companies represented above double dipping for DLC characters, or maybe even a new Pokemon or Fire Emblem character. I'd kill for Kazuma Kiryu, but that's just me)

This the most reasonable and likely take possible IMO.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Or it's plausible that they want to start with third parties right away because it requires more communication with the teams to get their approvals with the characters and Nintendo characters are more likely to be slightly easier to communicate with the IP owners.

I would've thought the opposite since Smash 4 DLC was frontloaded with mostly Nintendo characters. I guess it could be a tactic to get the most attention for the fighters pass, but I'm not expecting a twist with the surprise reveal of fan favorites.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Joker
Erdrick
Capcom rep (Dante/Monster Hunter/Phoenix Wright/Amaterasu/etc.)
Namco rep (Probably just Lloyd or Heihachi)
Wild Card (likely one of the companies represented above double dipping for DLC characters. I'd kill for Kazuma Kiryu, but that's just me)

This the most reasonable and likely take possible IMO.

I don't think Joker is in because Sega owns Atlus. I think those two things are completely unrelated. So I wouldn't expect anywhere near this much double or triple (or quadruple) dipping from third party companies.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
Could we expect Piranha Plant to be available right after the next Direct ends?

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I don't buy the rumor at all. Nintendo has no reason to promote Minecraft like they are for Joker and Erdrick, I don't care how much publicity they would get from it.

Also, Banjo isn't happening people. No matter how big a part of your childhood Banjo Kazooie was, it doesn't change the fact that in 2019 it's a super obscure game.

There is literally zero chance of that happening.
Logistically speaking, Nintendo would stand more to gain from using Steve as a gateway drug for Minecraft fans to get them to Smash. While Smash is big, it's nowhere near as big as Minecraft. This assumes that we get Steve in the first place, which isn't guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.