• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Samller than Luigi? Floaty?

Brave is Hollow Knight, indies have officially made it boys

That's now how the size parameter works. That is the size of the model and skeleton. Without the model and skeleton, there is no true way of determining exactly how big the character is

If a Captain Falcon and Luigi are both say size 10. Then Falcon is still taller because his model is naturally bigger than Luigi's

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The guy who datamined / modded Brave's stats said this the other day

And I laughed it off at first but then I realized that "Valor Form" is literally called "Brave Form" in Japanese

Whoops

Ecthel

Nov 20, 2017
So, do you guys think we will get any free major update/character? Maybe a free echo fighter?
I would love a Boss Rush mode update, which should be free as will not include new content. Also a free uptade that allows to change the SSC and the CSC orders by series instead of by year. Other than that I can't think of things to add as free updates. Even an echo fighter seems too much when they're going to charge again for Mii Costumes.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
The guy who datamined / modded Brave's stats said this the other day

And I laughed it off at first but then I realized that "Valor Form" is literally called "Brave Form" in Japanese

Whoops

Honestly, Sora is like the last major realistic character I can think of.

Fuck Disney and Square though. Im not sure if they deserve it

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nobody else is tied up with the Mouse.
The Mouse allowed Ralph into Sonic All-Stars Racing and is also letting the new entry to a former multi-plat franchise be Switch exclusive

It's more of the issue of getting Sora indefinitely than getting Sora in the first place.

The only reason we have to assume it wouldn't be indefinite is because of a free WoFF promotion which yeah, no duh it was limited because no one was getting paid off of it

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
The Mouse allowed Ralph into Sonic All-Stars Racing and is also letting the new entry to a former multi-plat franchise be Switch exclusive

The only reason we have to assume it wouldn't be indefinite is because of a free WoFF promotion which yeah, no duh it was limited because no one was getting paid off of it
Not just that, but also how other Disney-related licenses are handled.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Do you have any examples? I mean, the closest you can say is probably MvC but that was more of a internal issue than unwillingness to use the license.
The previous MUA games, Deadpool, Avengers Alliance, Avengers Academy, & numerous others were all pulled from their respective platforms. And the MvC situation was the license expiring.

I'm still putting my money on a Dragon Quest character, independent of any rumors.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The previous MUA games, Deadpool, Avengers Alliance, Avengers Academy, & numerous others were all pulled from their respective platforms. And the MvC situation was the license expiring.

I'm still putting my money on a Dragon Quest character, independent of any rumors.
And you're assuming Nintendo wouldn't maintain that license... why exactly? This isn't Activision we're talking about. It's 2019 and several 3DS exclusive Disney games (which aren't published by them, but by Nintendo/Bamco, need I remind) are still on the eShop

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Disney is probably easier to deal with than Sugiyama.

That being said, I hope "Brave" is announced soon.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
All this back and forth has only convinced me that 'Brave' is Wreck It Ralph.

He has a medal for bravery after all.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Question: if Sora was in Smash, could someone affiliated with Disney demand he not be played in tournaments?
The only documented instance of Smash being regulated on tournaments is certain stages being banned but as far as I'm aware that was only speculated to be out of concern of music licensing and streaming (and this only happened during EVO as far as I can tell). It's highly unlikely that anyone who agrees to having their character included in Smash wouldn't be made aware of the game being frequently showcased and streamed among a competitive environment - if anything I would anticipate Square being more likely to put their foot down given the individual rights split that are commonly prevalent, particularly with a franchise like Dragon Quest. That inclusion is still somewhat concerning due to how everything is divided and how one individual can easily be more prone to bouts of ego than a professional big business company, but if DQ can be included no harm no foul I see no reason why any other potential third party would have issues.

Nov 13, 2017
If ends up Sora, that means the rest of the "leaked" list would be incorrect. That would make me so happy!

I demand Twintelle, Dixie, Geno and Solaire!

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At this point I'm so sick of this debate I hope they add Aya Brea.

But to be honest my gut feeling is if any more Square characters get in it's going to be DQ related.

Baby Bird

Nov 5, 2017
Considering Sora is the only character I want as far away of Smash as possile, plus my overall bad luck with this kind of stuff, I could see Brave being him.

brooklynb_jp

Jan 8, 2019
The only documented instance of Smash being regulated on tournaments is certain stages being banned but as far as I'm aware that was only speculated to be out of concern of music licensing and streaming (and this only happened during EVO as far as I can tell). It's highly unlikely that anyone who agrees to having their character included in Smash wouldn't be made aware of the game being frequently showcased and streamed among a competitive environment - if anything I would anticipate Square being more likely to put their foot down given the individual rights split that are commonly prevalent, particularly with a franchise like Dragon Quest. That inclusion is still somewhat concerning due to how everything is divided and how one individual can easily be more prone to bouts of ego than a professional big business company.
I see. Everyone's talking about Sora and Erdrick rights, it makes me wonder how far these right holders can actually reach. I would agree that they would know beforehand how the characters are gonna be used, so it should be okay in theory... But who knows, sometimes people do things for strange or unknown reasons.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd be cool with Sora. I'd like the leak list but it being proved wrong opens the door that some of my most wanted might still get in.

If it was Sora I'd hope the remaining three would be.

Travis Touchdown
Twintelle
Rex and Pyra

Unlikely I know but hey I used to think the same for Joker.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
I could see Sora getting in. It wouldn't be with Donald & Goofy, but Sora has enough going on that they aren't really needed.

Could be another shitshow in terms of spirits and music, like FF. Certainly no vocal songs would get in with vocals intact even in a best case scenario.

And I'd like to think Nintendo's lawyers are good enough to contract for Sora to be available on the eshop for as long as they need him to be.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I see. Everyone's talking about Sora and Erdrick rights, it makes me wonder how far these right holders can actually reach. I would agree that they would know beforehand how the characters are gonna be used, so it should be okay in theory... But who knows, sometimes people do things for strange or unknown reasons.

When people talk about Erdrick's rights being problematic, what they're really talking about are the music rights to Dragon Quest. The DQ composer owns the rights to the DQ music. And he's an asshole (to put it mildly).

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
When people talk about Erdrick's rights being problematic, what they're really talking about are the music rights to Dragon Quest. The DQ composer owns the rights to the DQ music. And he's an asshole (to put it mildly).
Yeah, 2/3rds of DQ's rights-holders probably don't care at all and would be happy to see the franchise get exposure in just about anything.

If it came to it, they'd probably just use the recurring tracks that they have for spinoff games that they seem to be able to use freely, but... who knows.

rayngiraffe

Dec 11, 2018
^ yea, and even if you can get everyone on board you may still end up paying a lot more since there's more parties involved.
Endrick still seems to be the clear frontrunner, but if its really him i will be pretty surprised that they managed to overcome all those barriers.

Status
Not open for further replies.