• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
At this point, I see the 3.0 update just dropping with little fanfare. One where you'll just have to try out the new stuff yourself instead of having it all shown to you. They really blew it by having absolutely nothing meaningful to say about the 3.0 update or Joker since the last big update.

You guys buckle way too easily. They teased more info in the February Direct and said "before the end of April." There's also the Persona concert that we might have to wait to see Jane first revealed.

Nintendo knows people go nuts for Smash info, they aren't gonna undersell it. Sakurai spent 20 minutes talking about menus and languages but isn't going to talk about Persona content or Stage Builder?

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
No no no the arcade stick thread is that way. 👉 👉

I was there then pointed in this direction so guess I'm here now.

ETyhVlW.gif

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Last time I tried to play online I got into a team match 3 times in a row, followed by a battlefield duel followed by a hazardless free for all

so yes
I got a Little Mac on Pac-Land with items in Elite Smash.
I get my fair share of item matches and non-BF/FD still.
I guess I'm just lucky. I never get matches with bad rule sets.

I haven't even had a 2 stock match in awhile

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That leak's interesting. Hope that it's right about franchise elements being included in stage builder. Each major franchise as its own palette a la Mario Maker?

They really do need to have a way to share stages online though, it would be a weird downgrade from Wii U. And I'm also hoping for a Mii costume set that includes some of my favorites from Smash 4 like Geno and Protoman.

Not really related, but what do people want Joker's alt colors to be? My two ideas were colors corresponding to the different Phantom Thieves, or palettes that reference other Persona protagonists. The possibility of the "Jane" datamine does throw a wrench in that though. It'll be interesting to see!
He'll have at least one color based on Crow if nothing else. I'm confidant of that. I would love full alts just because there are some great choices.
maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Mar 9, 2018
To return to Pauline, I think Pauline is now known for being a singer and a mayor. That is what her moveset should be based on if she gets in right now.
Maybe she has special attacks where she sings and makes characters within a certain vicinity taunt, so they're like dancing. Maybe in her final smash, she commands a fleet of New Donk City taxi cabs to run over opponents like Yoshi's Final Smash.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
To return to Pauline, I think Pauline is now known for being a singer and a mayor. That is what her moveset should be based on if she gets in right now.
Maybe she has special attacks where she sings and makes characters within a certain vicinity taunt, so they're like dancing. Maybe in her final smash, she commands a fleet of New Donk City taxi cabs to run over opponents like Yoshi's Final Smash.

Standard special: Girder - Lay down a girder. Temporarily adds to the stage. If laid down in the air the girder will fall to the ground and can be used for attacks.
Side Special: Hammer Mini Mario: a dual Hammer Mario is sent out. Charge it for more distance.
Up Special: Spring - launch up on a DK spring that falls below. Can be picked up by opponents
Down Special: Chorus - pushes players and items away with no damage, charge pushes them farther. Can be used to absorb or reflect projectiles, though the latter is difficult. No damage.
Final Smash: Jump Up Superstar - the band appears and sings a short chorus while players caught in the attack are shuffled around the busy streets and crowd of New Donk taking damage. Her last note can send them pushed hard off stage.
Standard moves are jabs, music notes, call backs to DK items.

This is how I see her. Medium speed, but light. She's a setup character who can use the mini Marios and girders to control space.

Link_enfant

One Winged Slayer
Jan 20, 2018
France
Have we had any confirmation about the purpose of that official reversed trailer?
It doesn't seem to be linked to any current reveals so I wonder if it could actually be some kind of hint.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
The teaser for 3.0 included an Easter themed picture and Easter is this coming weekend. 3.0 dropping Easter Monday.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Combination of the Jane datamine and the Persona Concert with P5R reveal has me thinking that's the venue for 3.0 information. Seems more likely to me now than it getting a Direct.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Combination of the Jane datamine and the Persona Concert with P5R reveal has me thinking that's the venue for 3.0 information. Seems more likely to me now than it getting a Direct.

Is... Is Sakurai just gonna walk on stage and lecture the audience for 30 minutes about stage builder?

Dellstrami

Feb 1, 2018

Something makes me doubt that Nintendo would want the first Fighter's Pass character and biggest update to date to be revealed at an Atlus event... An event that may or may not even have ANY Switch announcements.

How many of the >12m owners of Smash will watch the P5R/P5S announcements? I doubt it'll get its own direct but it'll be on Nintendo's terms.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Something makes me doubt that Nintendo would want the first Fighter's Pass character and biggest update to date to be revealed at an Atlus event... An event that may or may not even have ANY Switch announcements.

How many of the >12m owners of Smash will watch the P5R/P5S announcements? I doubt it'll get its own direct but it'll be on Nintendo's terms.

And if Smash has a female Joker then she will be revealed on Atlus' terms. I doubt that Sakurai will debut a brand new Persona character first.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
I think it'll be like EVO last year.

No info at the event, but they get an announcement that the direct will be in a couple of days.

Dellstrami

Feb 1, 2018
And if Smash has a female Joker then she will be revealed on Atlus' terms. I doubt that Sakurai will debut a brand new Persona character first.

I agree. Joker will probably drop after 4.25/26 if the Jane leak is true, as P5R/P5S information including female Joker (if that's what P5R girl is) would come first but I doubt the Persona event will have any Smash information.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
It's somewhat possible they announce 3.0.0's contents and show off Joker, but leave the alt as a surprise

Like have the Direct on the 23rd, use the concert to announce the alt as a special surprise (and add Joker's alts to the website at this point), and then release the update on the 26th (or whatever the day after the concert is)

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

They could show the video there first before showing an online stream version afterwards (which also could add stuff about the 3.0 update, not just Joker himself). It will be kind of odd if they wait until after the event for the reveal but have no presence in the event itself.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Is it wrong that I'm still expecting an announcement for when they will show off 3.0 this week at the very least?

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
An April 30 release doesn't seem likely, because after 11:00 AM ET it would be May 1 in Japan, and DLC usually goes up later than that.

MonkeyDLenny

Apr 15, 2019
Maybe we all mass hallucinated Joker is getting in!

Seriously this wait has been unbearable; throw us a bone here Nintendo we're dying

Hb2

Mar 12, 2018
Santiago, Chile
What about this:
  • Tomorrow they announce a Smash Direct for Thursday, which will give us details about ver. 3.0.0, Challenger Pack 1 and possibly 2.
  • Ver. 3.0.0 without Joker will release this weekend to coincide with Easter, giving us enough time to save our replays.
  • Joker will release after the Persona concert so Atlus can give us details about Jane without Smash spoiling it.
Sounds good to me.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Announcing a DLC character 5 months ahead of time was painful

Hopefully they never do this again
Unless I'm mistaken, the decision to reveal Joker at The Game Awards was Nintendo's call. I remember Sakurai mentioning that he had to get the reveal ready on relatively short notice (I think he only had a month to get it ready).

Status
Not open for further replies.