• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do you think of IntelliHeath's Halloween avatar?

• Great choice! Duck Season ftw!

Votes: 106 24.6%
  • Creepy! Remove it ASAP!

Votes: 97 22.5%
  • Don't Care...

Votes: 228 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
Someone from that reddit post pointed out that Kazooie was freaking out (the more observant of the duo) at the rocket launcher from Snake while Banjo was acting aloof like the naive bear he is. Made a chart to look at it and I kinda see it now. This is great attention to detail if true.

MiZo3yv.png
This i cannot see it

MONKEYHELL

Jan 5, 2018
New York
As a graphic designer I can tell you Nintendo will have an easier time shifting Squirtle than the leaker.

The illustration of Squirtle itself will likely be on a seperate layer in Photoshop like all other characters, allowing the artists to move them about at will.

The only way the leaker would be able to do it is by cutting Squirtle and every other character out, which is REALLY not worth it if his end result is to show a blurry low res image, or he had the illustration layer assets the team at Nintendo are using, meaning he'd be legit.

And yeah, there still would be a reason to simplify the background despite how crowded it is. Maybe the lighting or tone of the sky clashed with the character or blended too well with them not allowing them to pop like the rest. The characters are the main draw, and the simpler the background the less chance there is for them to be effected by its tones.

I also am a graphic designer and I completely agree with this.

I work for one of the most prestigious design firms in the world, Pentagram, and any designer there would think this to be a huge pain in the ass to pull off.

To me, this is so clearly real and my training tells me that, down to the auto CAD print mechanicals.

#TeamReal

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
re adjusted characters:

is it possible that all of this art is sourced from the extended boxart and not the mural? do the changes line up with that? what fighters were altered not present on that?

Strat

Apr 8, 2018

I work for one of the most prestigious design firms in the world, Pentagram, and any designer there would think this to be a huge pain in the ass to pull off.

To me, this is so clearly real and my training tells me that, down to the auto CAD print mechanicals.

#TeamReal
I said damn.
Chorus Kids. Nothing else comes even close.
Fuck yeah!

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

#TeamReal
#Ibelieve

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

#TeamReal
This is something alright! Thanks for your insight.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

#TeamReal

I'm a graphic designer as well with a bit of background in printing, and just seeing the mockup/layout sheets alone made the whole thing pretty convincing to me.

Yavga

Banned
Dec 20, 2017

#TeamReal
C-can I have your autograph?

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
This doesn't actually answer the question for why Squirtle would've changed. Neither rational explanation is evidence for either side of where you fall on.
I think the idea is that typically a fake leaker would tend to stay as close to the source material as possible, as to no raise suspicion and make it as credible as possible, while the official source could have dozens of reasons why (considering all the moving pieces involved in marketing). It's not usual for a leaker to change things for the sake of it, they usually just add things and keep the rest untouched. So a randomly moved Squirtle could make you think that it is offical, because you don't expect aleaker to do something like that.

Of course it doesn't prove anything, but it's something to think about. It's why this leak is so interesting, it does things you don't typically expect.

Deleted member 30935

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Given how blurry the image is, I don't think cutting out Squirtle and moving him would be all that hard. But, I can't think of any reason you'd need to. Especially with him overlapping Ivysaur, there's no reason to separate the two if you were cutting out each character individually.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it does, but whatever.
It really doesn't, because Squirtle being larger obscures more elements of Wario, meaning making Squirtle larger doesn't serve an actual functional purpose. It's also proportionally incongruent since it makes Squirtle look the same size as Ivysaur, when Ivysaur is supposed to be twice as big.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It would be funny if all the insiders worked together to suppress our excitement even though they know this is real. They want to bring us to a low to make us explode when it's revealed.

The problem is PapaGeno never got the memo because he's outside of the circle lol.

SchuckyDucky

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
if this is fake then we can at least agree that it is hands-down the best video game fake ever made
even the fake nx controller is not on the same level
Yeah, I agree. All the stuff outside of the leak like the LinkedIn pages and the Grinch stuff really puts it over the top if fake. It would be an insane amount of dedication. Doesn't someone isn't that dedicated though. People on the internet always surprise me.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who do we believe, professional graphic artists who are convinced this is real, or insiders with second/third/more-hand sources who told them Incineroar is in the game?

1000% H

Oct 25, 2017
It really doesn't, because Squirtle being larger obscures more elements of Wario, meaning making Squirtle larger doesn't serve an actual functional purpose. It's also proportionally incongruent since it makes Squirtle look the same size as Ivysaur, when Ivysaur is supposed to be twice as big.
Squirtle didn't get bigger, it moved.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm a graphic designer as well with a bit of background in printing, and just seeing the mockup/layout sheets alone made the whole thing pretty convincing to me.
I don't doubt the printing part at all, it's obvious they must be somewhere that can pull that off. But having obsessively worked on 100+ layer game mock ups myself just for my own amusement I can totally see someone doing that image.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
The funniest thing about this is that if it weren't for ArtsyOmni, near everyone would probably have fallen for this hook, line, and sinker right off the bat.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Similair journey but never feeling particularly sure, but yeah the last hour in particular has increased my belief again.
Yeah, I was going back and worth pretty hard, even after the sprout, but the little things like Squirtle being moved and more of Ivysaur being visible is what really sells if for me. The leaker modifying the preexisting renders WAY more than necessary is extremely convincing imo

I've been flip-flopping as well, although I think much of that has to do with being unable to mentally juggle all the developments. Anyone else having the same problem?
Not personally, but I've been popping in and out of this thread a lot, and have conveniently not missed any of the big developments.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
https://www.strawpoll.me/16721070

Assuming the Grinch leak is true, who is your favorite newcomer in Smash Ultimate?

My default response is always Ridley. He's who I wanted in the most.

Out of the "leaked" characters, assuming that they're in...I don't know really. I really like Geno, Banjo, and Isaac. I think Geno is the most likely to be interesting though, while Isaac has the most potential to be really cool. Banjo is probably going to be more basic, but he's Banjo, and if Banjo can finally get into Smash after all this time, then there's no way I won't want to play as him.

Status
Not open for further replies.