• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How hyped are you for Smash?

• Hyped

Votes: 220 23.0%
  • Super Hyped

Votes: 574 60.0%
  • I don’t know what a smash is

Votes: 162 16.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CSS speculation, because people continue to expect (Or at least hope) the CSS will become a perfect rectangle.

Ew... Ok, that's fair. I was planning on just following the thread & catching the trailers as they drop online, anyway.

Are you trying to tell me this isn't the cutest boy?

That is my son. How dare you berate him like this.

And the Piranha Plant argument doesn't work here because Piranha Plant is specifically representing Piranha Plants as a whole. Bandanna Dee is a specific character in the Kirby universe now. In Smash, he'd likely use his spear & umbrella, but not every single move a Waddle Dee has been able to do.

I want Marx, too, but frankly, I want, like... Every Dream Friend from Star Allies. Also Dark Matter. And Buggzy for the heck of it. We deserve at least one Kirby rep!
Waddledee is an ADORABLE boy, not a cute boy, big difference

but i also hate his moveset and think a random mook with a spear is really really boring. If anything get Galactaknight and his Lance in

but yes also every Dream Friend too, ill take bandana dee if i get daroach and marx with him

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no

but i also hate his moveset and think a random mook with a spear is really really boring. If anything get Galactaknight and his Lance in

but yes also every Dream Friend too, ill take bandana dee if i get daroach and marx with him

You're damn right he's adorable! Isn't that far better?

Bandana Dee has a fun moveset with his spear, plus he also has a parasol he does wild things with. Add in the elemental buffs from Star Allies & you'd definitely have an interesting character. And again, he's not just a generic enemy, he's Kirby's bashful friend who likes apple juice.

We're not getting Galacta Knight; he's already a Meta Knight costume. Granted, he'd be one of my most wanted Echoes if he wasn't!

r_n

Oct 25, 2017

forget the spear user i want the character who uses a lance like a sword

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Any agreement against Bandana Dee was thrown out the window when Piranha Plant was confirmed. Little guy deserves to get in eventually.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
Lances are cool and generally get a vote for me but not under the Galacta Knight terms

More seriously, we know that PP was added because Sakurai wanted a character that is shocking and unorthodox. It's a poor point of comparison.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I wasn't really around the old forums much when Smash 4 came out, and regardless of that fact, DLC wasn't a thing at the time of launch. What I'm curious about is, when Ultimate launches this week, is there going to be a DLC speculation thread separate from the OT?
Hopefully a separate thread that we can bury deep...

My SimplyGames Order still not shipped... will check on the hour every hour for the next few days!

Paper Wario

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
It should probably just live in the OT, I would say.

Until we get leaks or announcements, at least.
That makes sense, though I do wonder how much of the OT will be dominated by people discussing potential new characters rather than the game itself once it launches. I understand that it's largely the case now since there isn't much else to discuss with basically no one owning the game yet, but I would hope the OT is more for actual game discussion instead of DLC speculation. Just a minor concern is all.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lances are cool and generally get a vote for me but not under the Galacta Knight terms

More seriously, we know that PP was added because Sakurai wanted a character that is shocking and unorthodox. It's a poor point of comparison.
Whats your beef with the raddest mother fucker in kirby lore

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
CSS speculation, because people continue to expect (Or at least hope) the CSS will become a perfect rectangle.

Well, to be fair, the CSS is a perfect rectangle in Ultimate (if you stack echoes) and it will become one again after the Fighters Pass is done.

I don't want to stack echoes, but it really makes the CSS look worse if you don't.

The Corrin and Robin used...
They used the alternate versions on the FE Heroes countdown post earlier today. Just seems like they wanted to represent both options.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It should've never been an issue in the first place, though. Bandana Dee's his own thing!

Wait, where are people talking smack on Zero?
Zero is a sick badass, but he's not a tiny pink ball with "proper" angel wings and a lance

I tried to find that art Mothman did for the Kirby Lore series but I cant and its driving me insane

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just did a playthrough of Castlevania III before Smash. Got excited for the Belmonts again (even though Trevor isn't playable in this game, lol).

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
English blog remembered to post tiki
Today's Item
Tiki Assist Trophy
Tiki is a Manakete, a race of dragonkin. While she usually stays in human form, she can transform into a fire-breathing dragon using the power of a Dragonstone. She doesn't look it, but Tiki is actually over 1,000 years old.

239_1.jpg

239_2.jpg

Tiki's face is better than Chrom's....

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Castlevania III is a blast as long as you avoid that Alucard route.

I've been playing Harmony of Despair a bunch actually, which I guess is fitting since Richter and Simon are both in it.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maria vs Dracula is basically a joke

But the bat bridge is way easier with Richter and that's the hardest level

Zarzolaon

Mar 16, 2018
OH
Looking at the Smash FE cast, Lyn and Tiki being the ones to miss the playable boat feels wrong, but they're good AT choices nonetheless.

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
al these "spirits" things....were really necessary? :\ I feel already annoyed by them, literally customs 2.0

Last edited:

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Looking at the Smash FE cast, Lyn and Tiki being the ones to miss the playable boat feels wrong, but they're good AT choices nonetheless.
I agree with Tiki but where did people get this idea that Lyn was somehow an obvious choice to be playable outside of popularity?

Like have y'all played FE7? She's barely a main character after the tutorial is over.

Zarzolaon

Mar 16, 2018
OH
I agree with Tiki but where did people get this idea that Lyn was somehow an obvious choice to be playable outside of popularity?

Like have y'all played FE7? She's barely a main character after the tutorial is over.
It makes since why she didn't get in, no arguing against that. But specifically as an observation now, based on popularity and being a different kind of sword character than anyone else in Smash, it's unfortunate how it played out.

Jaq'or

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jun 6, 2018
Piranha Plant's amiibo releases on 2/15, so we should be getting the DLC on or before that date.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
What's it mean when someone like Little Mac leads to multiple characters? Does that mean you have to beat Little Mac's classic mode campaign multiple times?
Yeah. If you already have one of the characters that run unlocks, you'll get the next one instead (or just a random one).

Status
Not open for further replies.