• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How hyped are you for Smash?

• Hyped

Votes: 220 23.0%
  • Super Hyped

Votes: 574 60.0%
  • I don’t know what a smash is

Votes: 162 16.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Probably better if they don't have a playable character spoil late game plot twists in their playable moveset this soon after their game came out.

Sakurai being considerate enough to not spoil something major from Xenoblade?

LOL you funny.

Watch how we'll get Elma's true form as a spirit as well. lol

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think they view Dixie as an echo candidate. If they didn't add her in Ultimate as an Echo...

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
https://s.inside-games.jp/article/2018/11/24/118908.html
Over a week ago, a Japanese magazine, did a poll asking 986 people who they would want to see in Smash Ultimate's DLC. The link below shows the Top 5 characters with the most votes:
  1. Bandanna Waddle Dee
  2. Rex
  3. Sora
  4. Geno
  5. Crash Bandicoot

Bandanna Dee & Crash? Heck, I'd love that!

Literally anything is better than bandanna dee and crash

rex is atleast cute and would probably make a neat moveset, Sora and his KH2 animations deserve another spotlight, and honestly every time i read geno my eyes glaze over

... I don't like this post.

Okay but replace Rex with T-Rex from Fossil Fighters.

... I like this post.

Hey, she's a Spirit. Plenty of spotlights to share between her 1296 spirit bretheren.

I still feel this mentality's a bit dismissive. Maybe it's just because I've been on the receiving end of "Shovel Knight got far better than he deserved" responses to me feeling Shovel Knight should have been playable, but honestly, if you really want a character to be playable, then you want the character to be playable. A summon or a .JPEG isn't going to change that.

And even then, he's too good to be part of that transphobic trash of a show.

Wait, what's transphobic about it? I can believe it because that Boogie guy got "Trending Gamer" & apparently some other mouthbreather's likely to get it this year, but is there something else, too?

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I don't think they view Dixie as an echo candidate. If they didn't add her in Ultimate as an Echo...
Agreed, and I personally never viewed her as an echo candidate either. To me, the echoes are as simple as a character getting a costume swap. Dixie is all about the hair. Her being an echo to Diddy doesn't work or do her justice.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I still feel this mentality's a bit dismissive. Maybe it's just because I've been on the receiving end of "Shovel Knight got far better than he deserved" responses to me feeling Shovel Knight should have been playable, but honestly, if you really want a character to be playable, then you want the character to be playable. A summon or a .JPEG isn't going to change that.
My post was supposed to be very sarcastic.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
If we get DLC echo fighters, give me:
  • Impa (Sheik) based on Skyward Sword
  • Blaze (Sonic) or Jeanne (Bayonetta)
  • Medusa (Palutena), Zack (Cloud) or Octoling (Inkling)

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
My 3 Echo choices would be...
  • Ms. Pac-Man
  • Funky Kong
  • Octoling

Agreed, and I personally never viewed her as an echo candidate either. To me, the echoes are as simple as a character getting a costume swap. Dixie is all about the hair. Her being an echo to Diddy doesn't work or do her justice.

Agreed. Dixie's a semi-clone at the least, but she deserves to be a new character, with Kiddie for a tag-team-type situation. Same for Viridi & Medusa as Palutena clones.

My post was supposed to be very sarcastic.

Oh. My bad!

I believe Roy also uses the punch noises on his sword

I cannot believe they gave Toon Link his very own hit sounds but Alph & Olimar can't even get grunts

The world's not ready for Olimar's surprisingly deep baritone.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Wait, what's transphobic about it? I can believe it because that Boogie guy got "Trending Gamer" & apparently some other mouthbreather's likely to get it this year, but is there something else, too?

They once made a joke that Wario hasn't undergone a sex change operation.

And in general, it was just a very immature showing. Like take everything bad about gamers and show it for all the world to see.

If they grew up between now and then, fine. Whatever. But that was horrible first impression they gave me.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Going in expecting to main Incineroar and Ken-- can't wait to see how wrong I am once the game comes out, lol.

PT is one of my favorites, but idk if I have it in me to manage 3 movesets.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Right now, out of the four newcomers I want to lab (Ridley, K. Rool, Richter and Isabelle) I have a feeling that only K. Rool will survive as a main or secondary.

We'll see though.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bandanna Dee & Crash? Heck, I'd love that!

... I don't like this post.

... I like this post.

Cute boys > shitty 90s mascot and mook with a spear

literally any other Kirby character would be better. PPlant is neat because hes unique,just adding more mooks because he got in ruins the uniqueness of him being a mook

Marx or fucking death

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

literally any other Kirby character would be better. PPlant is neat because hes unique,just adding more mooks because he got in ruins the uniqueness of him being a mook

Marx or fucking death

I just want to see Marx playable in the game because his final smash would be so damn great. We all know what it would be, too.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

And in general, it was just a very immature showing. Like take everything bad about gamers and show it for all the world to see.

If they grew up between now and then, fine. Whatever. But that was horrible first impression they gave me.
..... when was that? Because aside from the shitty trending gamer bullshit with boogie and DrDisrespect theyve been pretty good for.... the past 3 years I've seen

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
If we get DLC echo fighters, give me:
  • Impa (Sheik) based on Skyward Sword
  • Blaze (Sonic) or Jeanne (Bayonetta)
  • Medusa (Palutena), Zack (Cloud) or Octoling (Inkling)
Old_shiekah.png

Yep, Impa would be great
(skyward sword spoilers)

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Guys, I don't know how to break it to these Marx supporters :( As a fellow Marx fan, it makes me sad to know that their dreams will be shattered.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
What I miss? Why are we guessing 3 echoes?

CSS speculation, because people continue to expect (Or at least hope) the CSS will become a perfect rectangle.

Ew... Ok, that's fair. I was planning on just following the thread & catching the trailers as they drop online, anyway.

Marx or fucking death

Are you trying to tell me this isn't the cutest boy?

That is my son. How dare you berate him like this.

And the Piranha Plant argument doesn't work here because Piranha Plant is specifically representing Piranha Plants as a whole. Bandanna Dee is a specific character in the Kirby universe now. In Smash, he'd likely use his spear & umbrella, but not every single move a Waddle Dee has been able to do.

I want Marx, too, but frankly, I want, like... Every Dream Friend from Star Allies. Also Dark Matter. And Buggzy for the heck of it. We deserve at least one Kirby rep!

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, cute, the FEH tweet uses Female Robin & Male Corrin, the FE general tweet uses Male Robin & Female Corrin

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Female Robin is better than Male Robin because Awakening's husbandos are on a tier above the waifus. More specifically, marrying Robin to Chrom adds a greater deal of weight to the story in being husband and wife rather than just war buddies.

Granted missing out on F!Morgan is a downer.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Also, his taunt would be that adorably creepy laugh <3

I'd love it! Side-note, I don't care too much about Magolor, but I'll force myself to main him if his smug, passive-aggressive slow clap gets in as a taunt.

ae4dcf02446cf129e911aae8a5397dd7--in-the-end-to-the.jpg

Don't worry, he'll just become the new Ridley and be the one boss whose support never dies!

Nah. Ridley always felt like he deserved to get in, since he'd been a major Metroid character multiple times by that point. Marx's time explicitly came too late in Smash's development, since non-N.O.V.A.'d Marx had never been playable or even fought to any capacity until Star Allies' DLC, which was made concurrently with Smash. This does screw a Star Allies-inspired Marx out of being DLC, but frankly, I'm surprised & happy he was in Ultimate to any significant degree at all.

Paper Wario

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't really around the old forums much when Smash 4 came out, and regardless of that fact, DLC wasn't a thing at the time of launch. What I'm curious about is, when Ultimate launches this week, is there going to be a DLC speculation thread separate from the OT?

Camp1nCarl

Oct 25, 2017
Is amiibo support similar to Smash 4's where it makes a figure player? Any idea if they do more in this one or if we can do more with the FPs we have then just play with them in local Smash?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't really around the old forums much when Smash 4 came out, and regardless of that fact, DLC wasn't a thing at the time of launch. What I'm curious about is, when Ultimate launches this week, is there going to be a DLC speculation thread separate from the OT?

It should probably just live in the OT, I would say.

Until we get leaks or announcements, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.