• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Would Dixie Kong make in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

• Yes, as Unique Newcomer

Votes: 145 18.3%
  • Yes, as Echo Fighter

Votes: 457 57.8%
  • No

Votes: 189 23.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
dqmtw3d_metal_star_arv7ilx.jpg

haitz.png

240px-dqmj2_canzarcseu0.png

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, that's not quite what he said. Let's actually get a direct quote here. Source, translation.
But how is that different from what I said? History and won't add anyone.

The Nintendo appearance thing is from the Cloud interview where he said he would have misgivings if he never showed up previously in Nintendo systems. The rest I said was just an assumption from the 70+ characters in the roster, but I didn't rule out characters outside these companies, they just aren't as likely.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
But they did reskin it as Hello Kitty Balloon World for Famicom, didn't they?

Hello Kitty for Smash!
I was just thinking about it the other day and a sequel to a classic Nintendo game being reskinned with different characters is actually super weird

like, it's still blatantly a Balloon Fight game, but Hello Kitty's in it! very unnatural

TriggerShy

Mar 26, 2018
I feel like Slime has the silliest face, but it stuck around for so long that it eventually became endearing.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I was just thinking about it the other day and a sequel to a classic Nintendo game being reskinned with different characters is actually super weird

like, it's still blatantly a Balloon Fight game, but Hello Kitty's in it! very unnatural

did you know that super mario bros 2 was actually originally balloon fight 2 but then they changed it

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Now I see why you were so negative with Super Mario RPG and Geno because you really want Sora getting in. I honestly think Dragon Quest and Kingdom Hearts have better shot at getting in Smash Bros before Geno tho.

I think SMRPG is the most overrated "Nintendo" game. I don't care for Geno. I love Kingdom Hearts and Sora is my second most requested character after Banjo and Kazooie.

If Sora actually has a legit change and wasn't immediately snubbed then there's no way Sakurai would go for Geno over Sora.

It's weird. Sora is by far more popular in general. In the Smash community I think Geno is more popular than Sora. Idk what's Sakurai's feelings are on Sora. I don't believe he's every talked about Sora.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
But how is that different from what I said? History and won't add anyone.

The Nintendo appearance thing is from the Cloud interview where he said he would have misgivings if he never showed up previously in Nintendo systems. The rest I said was just an assumption from the 70+ characters in the roster, but I didn't rule out characters outside these companies, they just aren't as likely.
He precedes that comment by saying that sticking to Nintendo-exclusive FF heroes would basically be silly, and immediately followed the comment by saying we should "forget console wars and just enjoy games themselves," so I wouldn't put too much stock into it. He generally downplays the importance of Nintendo-specific history. He cares, but it's not more important than general gaming history. "Something like a courtesy," as he said originally.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017

It looks really cute, I want to find a copy of it!

Deleted member 46641

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
Doomguy would have no problem fighting characters like Bowser and Bayonetta, but the guys a big softie when it comes to bunnys and cute things (like the collectible dolls in doom2016)
His role in the story (if there is one) could be pretty funny
It'd be interesting given how Doom 2016's story had him as basically a god of destruction feared by all, yet he wouldn't rank in the top 10 strongest Smash characters.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
And then I'm sitting here not wanting geno because I want fawful.

Well, you already explained yourself when I was curious why Dark Cloud was so down on SMRPG but now I realized that it was because of Kingdom Hearts and Sora.

Oh my God I didn't realize the anime-avatared Heath was Heath until just now.

He is more Heath than non anime avatar Heath

I'm sorry to disappointed y'all but I'm going to wear R.Kool avatar this Thursday.

I for one find solace in knowing our destinies are not pre-determined.

:okhand:

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He precedes that comment by saying that sticking to Nintendo-exclusive FF heroes would basically be silly, and immediately followed the comment by saying we should "forget console wars and just enjoy games themselves," so I wouldn't put too much stock into it. He generally downplays the importance of Nintendo-specific history. He cares, but it's not more important than general gaming history. "Something like a courtesy," as he said originally.
I mean,
I might have had misgivings if Cloud had never appeared on a Nintendo console in any form, though.

This doesn't mean Cloud would be ruled out, but it implies his chances would be down if he had no appearances at all in Nintendo systems. But yeah, he was chosen because of FF (japanese) gaming history first and foremost more than Cloud itself.

Sakurai: Final Fantasy (FF below) is one of the few uniquely Japanese game series revered by players around the world.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Let's pretend we get Sora from Kingdom Hearts.

What would be the stage you'd like to see? Mickey's Castle? Traverse Town?

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think SMRPG is the most overrated "Nintendo" game. I don't care for Geno. I love Kingdom Hearts and Sora is my second most requested character after Banjo and Kazooie.

It's weird. Sora is by far more popular in general. In the Smash community I think Geno is more popular than Sora. Idk what's Sakurai's feelings are on Sora. I don't believe he's every talked about Sora.

The main reason I think Geno is the most likely Square character, besides both Sakurai's own desire to put him in and his cult fanbase, is that he'd be by far the easiest character to put in while also probably being the biggest for the Smash community; even if characters like Fei Fong Wong or Neku Sakuraba are probably more generally beloved than Geno, they wouldn't elicit the same reaction from the Smash fandom.

If Sakurai had total free reign then we'd probably see Sora, Erdrick and Sephiroth before Geno was even considered.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
It'd be interesting given how Doom 2016's story had him as basically a god of destruction feared by all, yet he wouldn't rank in the top 10 strongest Smash characters.
I dunno man, Doom Slayer is pretty fuckin powerful, dude fought hell itself for eons and now both demons and humans alike piss their pants at the thought of him.

Speaking of, a cool CG trailer for him would be Bayonetta fighting some demons (the Bayonetta kind) and Doom Guy shows up.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I just don't see us getting another Namco character unless it's Heihachi, possibly with a Kazuya echo. Mainstream Namco mindshare drops off a cliff after Pac-Man (and some other retro arcade games) and Tekken. Lloyd and KOS-MOS don't feel like playable character material to me -- they're more in the Bomberman and Shovel Knight assist trophy tier.

No way man. Have you seen literally any of her crossovers? It's a fighter or nothing.

Also a fan game called card sagas war released recently in fact and has a full blown move set of all her iconic moves. It plays somewhat like smash but the inspiration was from her crossovers for the move set. It's silly to say she's not capable of being a fighter.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I dunno man, Doom Slayer is pretty fuckin powerful, dude fought hell itself for eons and now both demons and humans alike piss their pants and the thought of him.

Speaking of, a cool CG trailer for him would be Bayonetta fighting some demons (the Bayonetta kind) and Doom Guy shows up.
Doomslayer vs Bayonetta is the matchup of the century.

1000% H

Oct 25, 2017
I think Sora is unlikely because without Disney stuff it wouldn't be true to Kingdom Hearts but with Disney stuff it wouldn't be true to Smash. Sakurai just seems like he wants to put maximum care into each addition but Sora makes that impossible.

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
No way man. Have you seen literally any of her crossovers? It's a fighter or nothing.

Also a fan game called card sagas war released recently in fact and has a full blown move set of all her iconic moves. It plays somewhat like smash but the inspiration was from her crossovers for the move set. It's silly to say she's not capable of being a fighter.

If there is one thing working in her favor it's Namco's love of putting her in crossovers.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Traverse Town or Destiny Island.

I think it's more likely that they probably going to based on Kingdom Hearts's Sora (first game).

I forgot Destiny Island. That's a good choice too. Maybe little Wakka, Tidus and Yuna in the background lol.
Destiny Island, but those are great choices too.

I just love the music of Traverse Town. It has that homey comfort feeling. It's like pure Disney.

Traveling stage between wonderland, halloween town, and jungle.

Ugh Halloween Town is tooo good.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot Destiny Island. That's a good choice too. Maybe little Wakka, Tidus and Yuna in the background lol.

I just love the music of Traverse Town. It has that homey comfort feeling. It's like pure Disney.

Ugh Halloween Town is tooo good.

Yup, same thing with Riku and Kairi.

I wonder who would be assist trophy? I guess it's more likely to be Riku, Mickey (if Disney is okay with it) or Axel.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
If Doom Slayer makes it in (as DLC) I wonder if they will avoid Hell for his stage and just go with Mars, or maybe go with one of the less demonic places in Hell from Doom 2016 that has its own name.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I remember explaining to my girlfriend that Rick, Kine, and Coo from Kirby are named for the Land, Sea, and Sky respectively and she said "oh like the Kingdom Hearts characters" and it blew my damn mind

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't looked at this thread all evening and suddenly it's on page 132?

Well, I know that there's been a lot of KOS-MOS discussion tonight at least. She absolutely would fit on the roster and deserves a slot if Namco is getting another guest fighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.