• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Would Dixie Kong make in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

• Yes, as Unique Newcomer

Votes: 145 18.3%
  • Yes, as Echo Fighter

Votes: 457 57.8%
  • No

Votes: 189 23.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
It's more an issue of there not being a ton of main female characters left, which goes on the industry more than sakurai.

While that's true, and I don't expect the number to be totally evened out, there's still plenty of female characters that they could add if they wanted. Dixie, Isabelle, Elma, Nia, Lip, Twintelle, etc. There's a lot more who could work!

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
sure but you said it has less female fighters than every other major fighting game and that's just not true

it's looking good for isabelle and dixie. chun li deserves to be in there. hopefully toon zelda/toon sheik happens one day.

and twintelle is totally gonna be dlc!!!

Chun-Li will probably be an AT. Even getting Ken or Akuma as an echo is far from guaranteed, lol.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mipha is waifu bait only her hot brother is way better at it than her.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
sure but you said it has less female fighters than every other major fighting game and that's just not true

it's looking good for isabelle and dixie. chun li deserves to be in there. hopefully toon zelda/toon sheik happens one day.

and twintelle is totally gonna be dlc!!!
I'd rather have Min Min she's better.

qq more

Oct 25, 2017
Me: "Birdo would make a great echo!"

Y'all: "Outrageous! Her mourh is too weird and she'd have a different up B! Too much work."

Also Y'all: "Dixie would be a perfect echo. Sure, she has no tail and uses her hair and has a different up-B, but that's no biggie."
Diddy Kong hardly uses his tail in Ultimate apparently. So it's probably not much of a stretch to change up some of Dixie's moves as an echo. If this was Smash 4 where he used his tail a lot more though, I'd totally agree with this, but right now I'm more neutral about Dixie as an Echo. I'd prefer her being more of a Semi-Clone than that...

FTR, I'm not against Birdo in Smash, I think she'd be a cool addition. I just think she isn't as feasible as an echo compared to Dixie since she's so different from Yoshi.

SieteBlanco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If people stop randomly arguing with everyone suggesting Isabelle or Dixie as unique fighters, I'll stop arguing about the hypothetical final roster (until it's finally revealed).

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
they're definitely not going to present a character as an alt costume just to go "surprise!! they're ACTUALLY an echo!!" later

that's just shenanigans

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Mipha is waifu bait only her hot brother is way better at it than her.
They're fish. WTF?

d3xiQWa.png

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
also regarding female pokemon, only certain pokemon have actual physical differences based on gender:

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_with_gender_differences

so I think it's safe to assume every pokemon (besides mewtwo which is genderless) in the game that is not on the above list are both male and female. that's always been my headcanon, at least.

Yeah, I've always considered most of the playable Pokemon gender neutral.

qq more

Oct 25, 2017
The excuse Sakurai gave to pass on BoTW Zelda is really disappointing

That said

I wasn't a huge fan of BoTW Zelda's design for some reason, I didn't see her fitting in Smash as well as what they went for. I'm really happy they went for the ALTTP design personally.

As far as I know, they didn't explicitly present Meta Ridley as an alt, did they?
Yeah, that's a bit weird but I'm sure this is a hint to more than 8 alts for some characters and none of Ridley's colors in the demo gets replaced by Meta-Ridley.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
It seems silly that some people are getting annoyed with the choice of character discussions , we're at a roster of nearly 70 now, only expecting a few newcomers and echoes who have to slot into existing characters, not enough notable new characters have been introduced as of late and those that have are too late to meet the project plan.

Of course discussion is pretty limited, especially when two focal points of speculation in Ridley and K.Rool are now revealed.
I'll spend next week hyping my boy Dillon and Qbby for varieties sake?

Raspyberry

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't say they're doing that at all. There's still far more characters that are exclusively male. Nintendo has plenty of great female characters (or characters whose gender is selectable) that can still be included, so they should add more to help even things out. I don't think that's wrong or "pushing an agenda". Like, what agenda? The agenda to play as characters that match your own gender, or characters that you're attached to? Wow.
The agenda that they're not trying. The smash team has been quite more accepting than many other developers. How frustrating that we have to have outrage over something like this. Wow.

In the future I'm sure there will be a dlc poll and we'll see more characters included from more genders, species etc. I want more characters as well of course But to claim that they do not seem to try and are doing an awful job is really not a true claim.

Personally I'd want to see Haanit from Octopath just with how awesome that game is doing in the switch and think she'd be the perfect character as a dlc option. With what's revealed so far I'm still really hair with what we're going to be getting.

steviestar3

One Winged Slayer
Jul 3, 2018
BotW Zelda is my favorite Zelda design in terms of characterization/design but I think Sakurai made the right choice going for ALBW Zelda. Fits way better with Zelda's smash moveset.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully there's a segment in the next Direct about alts. I'm sure there is more to them, hopefully unlockable ones

Status
Not open for further replies.