• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, it's a brand new character.

Yeah, but still. One new character announcement since the August Direct. That's almost a 2.5 month period with just one new character announcement (and really the only Smash news we've gotten as well).

If I were Nintendo, I would have paced this out a little bit better.

August 8th Smash Direct - This Direct was 28 minutes. Cut 10 minutes of info along with K. Rool, Dark Samus, and Chrom. Simon and Richter get the focus and would have been big enough, especially with that awesome trailer.

Nintendo Direct on 9/13 - Isabelle revealed.

Smash Direct on 10/18 - K. Rool, Dark Samus, Chrom revealed, along with the 10 minutes of info that was taken from the 8/8 Direct.

Smash Direct on 11/15 - Remaining newcomers revealed along with some of the biggest features/modes that have been kept hidden.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
I like the sound of this leak, even if it is completely fake (I mean if you're making a leak you want people to believe, why would you say Ken ISN'T in)

It isn't hard to guess why I like this if you know my wants for Smash.

I mean, I was predicting 2 Smash Directs, a reveal in a General Direct and a Separate Website Reveal since E3. I just want to feel vindicated for making a hard read like that.
ng all of his information, and they were able to track down the 3 people who were talking to him. So, this begs the question, how many of the characters he leaked are actually going to make it in? Well, first of all, Ken is NOT going to be in the game as an echo fighter. They used him as a scapegoat to catch the leakers. This is also true for Incineroar, there is a different gen 7 pokemon that is going to make it in in his place.
ah yes, Ken, the perfect bait........

GroovySnake

Jun 10, 2018
USA
I just pre-ordered the Nintendo Switch gamecube adapter, since I'd like an official one and never got the Wii-U released one. Still no date on that at Best Buy or Amazon etc, we're assuming it'll be out by when the game hits on December 7th right? I wonder why there's no date still.

Also just bought a second Pro Controller, so with that and the two gamecube controllers I have from years back, I'm all set. (Don't dig the joycons as much)

That's a lot of controllers! Looking forward to messing around with good ol' Solid Snake, having never played Brawl. On Street Fighter, I'd love Chun-Li in this.

GiantBreadbug

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but still. One new character announcement since the August Direct. That's almost a 2.5 month period with just one new character announcement (and really the only Smash news we've gotten as well).

If I were Nintendo, I would have paced this out a little bit better.

August 8th Smash Direct - This Direct was 28 minutes. Cut 10 minutes of info along with K. Rool, Dark Samus, and Chrom. Simon and Richter get the focus and would have been big enough, especially with that awesome trailer.

Nintendo Direct on 9/13 - Isabelle revealed.

Smash Direct on 10/18 - K. Rool, Dark Samus, Chrom revealed, along with the 10 minutes of info that was taken from the 8/8 Direct.

Smash Direct on 11/15 - Remaining newcomers revealed along with some of the biggest features/modes that have been kept hidden.

Sakurai has already said as much himself

And it's pretty clear (I think) that the focus of the next Smash presentation will be the Censored Green Mode. I also happen to think there's only room for one more of these presentations, which gives me the inclination to believe that the mode is gonna be pretty major. Combine that with the remainder of the character reveals and you have a very very good final presentation

Also another reason I don't believe any of the current stooges "leaking" things as flamboyantly as they can is because none of them have said a thing about that new mode, and I have a hunch it's something pretty big

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
Sakurai has already said as much himself

And it's pretty clear (I think) that the focus of the next Smash presentation will be the Censored Green Mode. I also happen to think there's only room for one more of these presentations, which gives me the inclination to believe that the mode is gonna be pretty major. Combine that with the remainder of the character reveals and you have a very very good final presentation
I'm thinking, one final presentation in the 2nd half of October, announcing all that is left to announce (Green mode, online, testfire, and the remainder of characters), with the testfire being spread out in November.

J-Tier

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Southern California
Out of the original Smash characters:

Who would be best as a new playable addition to Smash?

Primid
Galleom
Duon
Fighting Polygon
Fighting Alloy
Tabuu
Master Hand
Crazy Hand
Master Core

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
You should be able to fight Pokeball Pokemon like you fight Assist Trophies. It's only fair.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Ah. I was confused because nobody was talking about him.

I mean, can you blame them? The biggest piece of information we've gotten for weeks is the text confirmation that Greninja's final smash involves Ash Greninja in some way.

Every other piece of "new" content in the blog we've known for months.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia

Primid
Galleom
Duon
Fighting Polygon
Fighting Alloy
Tabuu
Master Hand
Crazy Hand
Master Core
Master Hand (with Crazy Hand as his Echo Fighter) would be a crazy final reveal before launch. They could fit size-wise based on their Amazing Mirror appearance.
hqdefault.jpg

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Primid
Galleom
Duon
Fighting Polygon
Fighting Alloy
Tabuu
Master Hand
Crazy Hand
Master Core
I have a better idea!

Introducing... Master Mind!

He is a humanoid figure in similar body frame to a certain subspace entity, with a purplish galaxy-textured skin tone and glowing pure white eyes. As he enters the battle, he opens his hidden, shining, pure white mouth to make his iconic Master Hand laugh. He wields the powers of Master Hand and Crazy Hand, hovering above his shoulders, performing techniques similar to the Master Hand and Crazy Hand bosses. They start out very small in size, but the furious Master Mind gets, the bigger the mighty hands grow. His final smash is the "Master Catastrophe," where the head of the Master Beast rips through his stomach, grabs nearby foes with its giant maw, and pulls them inside his body. Inside Master Mind, they are met with Master Core on the verge of exploding while the victims are being rapidly sliced to pieces by Master Edges, then explosively headbutted by Master Giant, and instantly obliterated by the Master Core's self-destruction, after which a new core is generated and Master Mind reshapes himself back to normal.

Master Mind is a proud spectator who lives for the thrill of a good fight, and would love nothing more than to participate in the ultimate smashing himself.

Fans always wanted to control Master Hand, right? This is the most balanced way they could do it!

Last edited:

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I like the theory of last weeks direct being delayed a week as a result of Isabelle reveal being moved forward. As bs as that logic is it would make me feel right all along if we get a Direct on 17th, lol.

Deleted member 27872

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I feel like with smash 4 we at least got the veteran posts and item posts to tie us over, this time around we kind just have stuff we already know repeated and new music. While the new music is nice, I would even just like more footage from characters we haven't seen much of yet Like Pichu or Wolf or something. Even seeing Characters we have already seen a bunch of on a stage that hasn't been shown much would be nice at this point.

Deleted member 2669

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What if the final reveal is Master Hand and Crazy Hand as 0 and 0ε? It'd be such an appropriate way to cap it off.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the Box Theorists were right and Nintendo was implicitly stating that there was only one unique character left as a way to, I dunno, prevent expectations from ballooning?

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
The blog would benefit a lot if it wasn't just tied to a blurb on things already shown.
Like they could show off Final Smashes, old returning items pokeballs and assists. What if each character blurb had one (1) dedicated new thing about them, like what the e3 direct did. What if each character post was at least accompanied by their special moves & final smash list, that would then be put onto their character page.

or at the very least commit to the Flashback thing. Let everything get in on it and have the rest of the countries follow suit.

GiantBreadbug

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the Box Theorists were right and Nintendo was implicitly stating that there was only one unique character left as a way to, I dunno, prevent expectations from ballooning?

Nintendo: Cryptically Managing Fans' Expectations Through Incomplete Marketing Materials Since 1889

The blog would benefit a lot if it wasn't just tied to a blurb on things already shown.
Like they could show off Final Smashes, old returning items pokeballs and assists. What if each character blurb had one (1) dedicated new thing about them, like what the e3 direct did. What if each character post was at least accompanied by their special moves & final smash list, that would then be put onto their character page.

or at the very least commit to the Flashback thing. Let everything get in on it and have the rest of the countries follow suit.

I seriously think the only reason they aren't doing that is because it would be a bit of work. Not much, but Sakurai acknowledged before (at least with the Dojo) that daily, detailed information is tough to do with a strict development schedule.

But a hard agree on the memories. And really just the haphazard management of the blog posts in general haha

well explicitly saying things sure wasnt working

listen all I'm saying is that a lot of people seriously thought Ridley was the last newcomer so take that for what it's worth

Deleted member 2669

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That would be dumb Unless they literally walk by using their fingers as legs and get reduced in size a lot
I'd just think of them as bonus fighters and likely banned online. They would only need to be made available for selection rather than have any extra work put into them, so it's not like it'd be done at the expense of anything else.

TriggerShy

Mar 26, 2018
What if the final reveal is Master Hand and Crazy Hand as 0 and 0ε? It'd be such an appropriate way to cap it off.

There's no way Crazy Hand would be an Echo, Master Hand is right handed while Crazy is left handed, totally different. all their moves have unique animations Master Hand and Crazy Hand are not at all the same! Crazy Hand would be a semi clone at most.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo: Cryptically Managing Fans' Expectations Through Incomplete Marketing Materials Since 1889

I seriously think the only reason they aren't doing that is because it would be a bit of work. Not much, but Sakurai acknowledged before (at least with the Dojo) that daily, detailed information is tough to do with a strict development schedule.

But a hard agree on the memories. And really just the haphazard management of the blog posts in general haha

listen all I'm saying is that a lot of people seriously thought Ridley was the last newcomer so take that for what it's worth
The flashbacks I guess would, but they're already comitting to like 50 of them by the end, what's a few more for assists and junk? At least find a memory for every fighter! The other blogs can even continue to use japanese box arts to cut down on work if needed.

And it would almost certainly not take much for this
He is the only fighter that can change his status during battle. His sword, the Monado, allows him to switch between five modes—Jump, Speed, Shield, Buster and Smash—which change his abilities for a short time. Fun fact: Shulk's eighth color variation puts him in a pair of swimming trunks!
to mention something else new. Even just his radial menu. Or list out his 4 specials and final smash.

GiantBreadbug

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really only remember Memoryman saying that; even the most nihilistic people were expecting a two or three more unique newcomers (and it wouldn't be surprising if those people support the box theory now).

I suppose my grander point is that Smash fans at large seem unable to exist in the middle parts of the Expectation Management Spectrum, either 1) zealously reminding others of what they should expect every other post or 2) allowing their hopes to build up into rambling, preemptive rants about not getting what they wanted. No in between a lot of the time.

But yeah either way the box theory is really funny to me

The flashbacks I guess would, but they're already comitting to like 50 of them by the end, what's a few more for assists and junk? At least find a memory for every fighter! The other blogs can even continue to use japanese box arts to cut down on work if needed.

And it would almost certainly not take much for this

to mention something else new. Even just his radial menu. Or list out his 4 specials and final smash.

Yep, they really really could have stood to put a little more effort into the text of the posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.