• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RomanceDawn

Teacher of Superheroines
Oct 29, 2017
Los Angeles
I hate many of the character support threads on Smash Boards. Even the Ridley threads I frequent. Mostly because of all that BS "good job fellow space pirates!" & "We did it fell kut throats!" Now if I said that it would be funny, otherwise its just weird. Still it aint really no harm so I can't really complain. Now when it comes to K Rool's Kremling Kuthroats(is that really one word?), I mean there really is no harm. The donkey kong country series is famous for its alliteration, people try to get creative with their thread titles and there you have it.

Yeah I sometimes get reminded of the KKK when I see KRKK but I also get reminded of the KKK every time I see Spongebob at the Krusty Krab. To that I say "who cares?" Neither of those things were created with ill intent. Everything aint discriminatory or oppressive.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
One of the worlds in Donkey Kong Country 3 is named K3, and it's obviously a pun on K2, but I'm always a little surprised no one put up a red flag there.

JosephL64

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Anti-Rool sentiment was prevalent for three smash hype cycles, you don't see it now because actually seeing him in action has enlightened the non believers.
I don't like Rool still, but if people are enjoying him, then there's no reason for me to rain on their parade.
--------

Even if nothing else got announced for the game, I can't complain. Of course I still have characters in mind that I still want in, but there's just so much content here.

I'll prob be maining the same characters as I did in the past despite being excited for newcomers. Pikachu looks great, Marth is his same solid self, and I'm sure Yoshi will be fine. I might pick up Isabelle we'll see since I'll be testing out all of them again.

Demon Eyes

Oct 29, 2017
The KKK comments are actually more a dig at Smash Boards hence made-up community names like 'Isabelle Supporters In Smashboards', 'Web Affiliation of Fighting Fans in Extreme Need of Style Savvy' and 'Geno's Army - Making Every Repartee Gear Around This Entity'.
Smashboards can get real ugly at times

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That Star Fox music sounds pretty good. Not my favorite, but it's not bad. I want new songs out of nowhere. How about some Nintendo Land music? or Chibi Robo? Just something not the status quo.

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
I have a serious question

....why incineroar ?

Like what started. Why is he popular with the pokemon rep? WHat are the base being used to say that he is the one that will be in and not .... any other poke ?

Like he appears a lot in the anime, has lots of merch, was really popular when sakurai was probabbly choosing the roster .... what?

Vergeben says it's not Lycanroc, Decidueye or Mimikyu. Mimikyu was deconfirmed and Verg has been right on the money for Smash leaks for a long time. Given that...there's really not a whole lot left. I mean, they could pull a fast one on us and drop in Dhelmise or some shit, but Incineroar seems most likely.

Which is a shame because Buzzwole or Pheramosa could be cool.

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was bored so I made this 60fps GIF of the Daisy

ITVWMGk.gif

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Assault is actually the only Star Fox game I like.

Somewhat related - I'd be down for Krystal. In retrospect, I might have preferred her to Wolf, even if I was all-in for Wolf in the Brawl era.

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The KKK comments are actually more a dig at Smash Boards hence made-up community names like 'Isabelle Supporters In Smashboards', 'Web Affiliation of Fighting Fans in Extreme Need of Style Savvy' and 'Geno's Army - Making Every Repartee Gear Around This Entity'.

WAFFENSS?

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone told Star Fox fans?

Star Fox has the problem where they keep making weird spinoffs instead of the successor to 64, so good games like Adventures and Assault get unfairly maligned.

Of course they eventually outright remade 64 in Zero and it sucked so who knows.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Star Fox has the problem where they keep making weird spinoffs instead of the successor to 64, so good games like Adventures and Assault get unfairly maligned.

Of course they eventually outright remade 64 in Zero and it sucked so who knows.

Assault was more or less what you'd want from a star fox 64 sequel. It just skewed too much towards third person shooter sections. Tighten up the 3rd person shooter mechanics and make the game a better balance between on foot only, arwing only, and the hybrid missions where you go between and you'd have a fantastic star fox game.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, that's the joke.

My grandmas are actually reacting to any instance of two or more neighbouring esSes the way some people here react to multiple Kays. So just Style Savvy could be enough - I guess NoE did some research with Style Boutique; not that grandmas like that combo either but that's at least Poland-specific.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Assault was more or less what you'd want from a star fox 64 sequel. It just skewed too much towards third person shooter sections. Tighten up the 3rd person shooter mechanics and make the game a better balance between on foot only, arwing only, and the hybrid missions where you go between and you'd have a fantastic star fox game.

Assault is fantastic, it just needed to be like twice as long.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Assault is okay, I kinda feel like it gets a bit too much of a pass now for getting too much flak back then.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No branching paths and being able to select any stage once you beat the game really hurt it's replayability.

Yeah, it really needed that. The core gameplay is tons of fun and the variety in the missions is fantastic, but by the time you get into it the whole game is already over.

And Adventures should have remained Dinosaur Planet so we could all agree it was actually awesome.

Oct 25, 2017
I remember when Adventures came out, one kid in my class was creepily obsessed with Krystal. He'd constantly be drawing her and talking about her beauty.

It was my first exposure to someone with a waifu. That game + Space Jam probably created an entire generation of furries.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
...do you pronounce it "cruel?"

Literally everyone pronounces it "kay rule"

This actually isn't technically true. In the Japanese games it actually is pronounced Cruel (well, Kuruuru), including the Japanese version of Smash. The TV show would also sometimes go with an in-between pronunciation for some reason, something like "kuhrool".

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Assault had some good stuff going for it, and I think an Assault 2 or whatever would be able to better thread the needle between on-foot and vehicular gameplay (or better than Zero did, at least)

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Part of me wants Sakurai to add an original character to Smash.

What would it even be? How would the community react?

I have a better idea!

Introducing... Master Mind!

He is a humanoid figure in similar body frame to a certain subspace entity, with a purplish galaxy-textured skin tone and glowing pure white eyes. As he enters the battle, he opens his hidden, shining, pure white mouth to make his iconic Master Hand laugh. He wields the powers of Master Hand and Crazy Hand, hovering above his shoulders, performing techniques similar to the Master Hand and Crazy Hand bosses. They start out very small in size, but the furious Master Mind gets, the bigger the mighty hands grow. His final smash is the "Master Catastrophe," where the head of the Master Beast rips through his stomach, grabs nearby foes with its giant maw, and pulls them inside his body. Inside Master Mind, they are met with Master Core on the verge of exploding while the victims are being rapidly sliced to pieces by Master Edges, then explosively headbutted by Master Giant, and instantly obliterated by the Master Core's self-destruction, after which a new core is generated and Master Mind reshapes himself back to normal.

Master Mind is a proud spectator who lives for the thrill of a good fight, and would love nothing more than to participate in the ultimate smashing himself.

Fans always wanted to control Master Hand, right? This is the most balanced way they could do it!

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
This actually isn't technically true. In the Japanese games it actually is pronounced Cruel (well, Kuruuru), including in Smash. The TV show would also sometimes go with an in-between pronunciation, something like "kuhrool".
hearing the smash announcer say "King Cruel" was so off putting

Jul 20, 2018

The problem with Adventures, for me, was less that it wasn't like SF64 and more that it wasn"t nearly as good as Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask. I really like the concept itself, but I found the game lacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.