• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm super excited for Star Fox Grand Prix.

Retro is excellent in world-building with Metroid and DKC. I really think they'll do something special in building the world of Star Fox.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The problem with Adventures, for me, was less that it wasn't like SF64 and more that it wasn"t nearly as good as Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask. I really like the concept itself, but I found the game lacking.

Well yeah it probably won't be as good as the most heralded game of all time and its far better successor, but it was still a solid, beautiful action-adventure game in a unique sci-fi fantasy setting. It was still perfectly enjoyable, and would have been more so had it not carried the Star Fox name back when the franchise wasn't the joke it is now.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Two syllables =/= two words. Mario is a tri-syllabic name, for example.

No one reads ' K. Rool' As "His first name starts with a K and his last name is Rool" They read it as his name being "K. Rool."
The punctuation indicates it's a name, and in an interview with the creator it's to make him seem more important, and while it doesn't actually have one, he said it'd likely be Kremlin, or something obtuse like Kevin.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
No one cares what M. Bison's first name is.

The biggest question is why a wannabe dictator from Thailand has the surname "Bison".

David Sr.

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
Most people expected him in Melee and Brawl and most people were just sick of the people who wanted him taking up half the oxygen in the room during 3DS/Wii U. Like that guy who people post the video of who went on a raving mad rant about Dixie and who started a pro-K. Rool group with the initials KKK on Smashboards.

You know that the Kremling Kutthroats thing is actually a DKC2 name, right?

Around 3:00

Jul 20, 2018
Well yeah it probably won't be as good as the most heralded game of all time and its far better successor, but it was still a solid, beautiful action-adventure game in a unique sci-fi fantasy setting. It was still perfectly enjoyable, and would have been more so had it not carried the Star Fox name back when the franchise wasn't the joke it is now.

Haha, I realized after posting it that it's kind of ridiculous to hope it would be that good. When I bought it I didn't know much about it, just that it was a Star Fox game made by Rare (also when that name really meant something), so I expected it to be better. The "oh hey this is like Zelda" only came after I had played it for a while, so it wasn't part of my initial expectation.

Then again, I only played the game fifteen years ago, when I was thirteen. It could be better than the little I remember of it.

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
Okay Detetctive GA...er, Era...

It appears that we indeed have a legit leak on our hands. I'm not aware of the particulars, like even which leak it is exactly, but I know it's caused some ruffled feathers recently.

This should help get us out of the cycle of strawpolls and goofy theories.

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018

It appears that we indeed have a legit leak on our hands. I'm not aware of the particulars, like even which leak it is exactly, but I know it's caused some ruffled feathers recently.

Yo you can't just say that with no info.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017

That doesn't narrow things down at all.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

But who could be the daring, handsome, Geno-loving leaker among us?

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

So it appears Dante, Ken, Sora, Goku and Incineroar are all legit total confirmed leaks, THANKS BUDDY.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
I still think there might be a direct Thursday. It will mark the day Smash will be out in 50 days.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
There's only two good Starfox games. One on a bad day. The rest run the gamut of "eh" to "I'm not sure this even counts"

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
His original name is Vega so they scuffled around. Balrog were suppose to be M. Bison (aka Mike Bison).

Well his name wasn't supposed to be M. Bison, for starters.

Dudes, he knows this. He's just making a bit of a joke.

There's a 4chan thread that's guessing Rayman (because Montreal) or Skull Kid (because the 3 Day countdown)

J'accuse, Tansut!

What 3 day countdown?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Ross totally fucked up his relationship with Rachel after the finale and is alone yet again, so it makes sense that he'd have nothing better to do than be smacked around by Donkey Kong.

Oct 25, 2017
character-portrait.png

Vaati, from The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap

He borrows his normals and Smash attacks from Toon Link, various slashes and stabs.

His specials and Final Smash are all his own.

B: Vaati fires a slow moving ball of black and purple magic forward. Anyone hit by this attack will be turned to stone for a few seconds. Rapidly hitting the A button while petrified can speed up the process, breaking out sooner.
B>: Vaati thrusts his hand out and shoots a fast moving ball of white and purple lightning. The lightning balls have very mild homing properties and will arc slightly to get at the nearest opponent. The balls are fast, do average damage but minor knockback. Vaati can shoot up to four at once.
B^: Vaati sprouts four bat-like wings and creates a tornado around himself, lifting him up. The tornado blasts away anyone it hits, but does no actual damage to the opponent.
Bv: Vaati kneels down, causing a large three-clawed arm to shoot up from the floor, knocking back anyone it hits. The arm is around three times as tall as Vaati. The arm itself does average damage, but the claws are much more powerful and can do a lot more damage and knockback. If Vaati holds down B while performing this move, the arm can be summoned further away from him; however, he is vulnerable during this time and if attacked the move can be canceled.

Final Smash: Vaati transforms into his monster form and fires a laser across the stage, dealin a large amount of damage

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
character-portrait.png

He borrows his normals and Smash attacks from Toon Link, various slashes and stabs.

B: Vaati fires a slow moving ball of black and purple magic forward. Anyone hit by this attack will be turned to stone for a few seconds. Rapidly hitting the A button while petrified can speed up the process, breaking out sooner.
B>: Vaati thrusts his hand out and shoots a fast moving ball of white and purple lightning. The lightning balls have very mild homing properties and will arc slightly to get at the nearest opponent. The balls are fast, do average damage but minor knockback. Vaati can shoot up to four at once.
B^: Vaati sprouts four bat-like wings and creates a tornado around himself, lifting him up. The tornado blasts away anyone it hits, but does no actual damage to the opponent.
Bv: Vaati kneels down, causing a large three-clawed arm to shoot up from the floor, knocking back anyone it hits. The arm is around three times as tall as Vaati. The arm itself does average damage, but the claws are much more powerful and can do a lot more damage and knockback. If Vaati holds down B while performing this move, the arm can be summoned further away from him; however, he is vulnerable during this time and if attacked the move can be canceled.

Final Smash: Vaati transforms into his monster form and fires a laser across the stage, dealin a large amount of damage
that's a lovely render of vaati

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
FWIW Rayman was more associated with Montpellier than Montreal. People tend to remember Mont- and assume -real.

DJKirsch

Oct 27, 2017
Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
character-portrait.png

I would legitimately love this, and I've always felt Vaati was such a cool villain. He needs more exposure, and I'd really like to see him return in another Zelda title too. Plus, that render is awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.