• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
One copy is mine! Whats crazy, here in germany I haven't seen a wild copy since release ..

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
Wow, I know Europe's not Nintendo Land, but surpassing huge past classics is incredible!

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I wonder if any game will top this record in the Switch's lifetime.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope all this Smash Ultimate success translates into the game having a bigger and impactful Esports scene (talking about the community, not expecting a lot from Nintendo itself), leading the way forward. I know Melee will always be there -elitist refuse to change- but I wish for it to just be kept as a niche/side atraction for once.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ms-qelazc_larges5kb5.gif

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
calm down.

Europe only yeah, I assumed it meant worldwide but right.
I'll wait to see the full game and the marketing campaign behind it, but Pokemon is positioned to do huge numbers next year. I'll beat Smash without little doubt in Japan and Europe and will do wonders in the US.

We'll see but Ultimate is still behind Sun & Moon WW launch aligned.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
I've made the prediction Ultimate would be the first Smash to break the 20m mark. My question is whether 25m is reachable.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll wait to see the full game and the marketing campaign behind it, but Pokemon is positioned to do huge numbers next year. I'll beat Smash without little doubt in Japan and Europe and will do wonders in the US.

We'll see but Ultimate is still behind Sun & Moon WW launch aligned.

Sure but if we both agree that WW Smash is going to be above 20 millions, then it'll need for the Pokémon franchise to know a big growth next year in order to surpass it in terms of sales. SuMo did 16-17 millions lifetime.

Deleted member 32018

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I assume Sun/Moon is what is stopping Smash from being fastest selling Nintendo game of all time in Europe, possibly a couple of the other Pokemon games, but certainly Sun/Moon.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is ONLY home console. That means some handheld game or games beat it. It's more than likely Pokémon and that's why gen 8 could easily take it next year.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Sure but if we both agree that WW Smash is going to be above 20 millions, then it'll need for the Pokémon franchise to know a big growth next year in order to surpass it in terms of sales. SuMo did 16-17 millions lifetime.
Brawl did 13 millions (on the massive Wii) and XY/SM did 16 (on the weaker 3DS).
Why would Smash randomly grow that much but not the first real home console Pokémon?

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017

Yep I am expecting growth. A similar opening as S/M would mean a far higher LTD. S/M legs were killed by rumours about Stars and the release of US/UM. Furthermore, the game released at the end of the 3DS life with an active userbase that moved on rapidly on the Switch.

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017

There are multiple Pokemon games during every gen that kills the legs of the previous game. There is only one Smash game per gen. if there would be only one of both per gen Pokemon would easily win as Pokemon is bigger in Japan and Europe by decent amount.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brawl did 13 millions (on the massive Wii) and XY/SM did 16 (on the weaker 3DS).
Why would Smash randomly grow that much but not the first real home console Pokémon?

Because there's one Smash per generation versus a Pokémon a year. That's usually what kills the growth and why Pokémon outputs similar numbers since a decade.

There are multiple Pokemon games during every gen that kills the legs of the previous game. There is only one Smash game per gen. if there would be only one of both per gen Pokemon would easily win as Pokemon is bigger in Japan and Europe by decent amount.

Yeah but there's not going to be just one Pokémon per gen.

Yep I am expecting growth. A similar opening as S/M would mean a far higher LTD. S/M legs were killed by rumours about Stars and the release of US/UM. Furthermore, the game released at the end of the 3DS life with an active userbase that moved on rapidly on the Switch.

Sure but at the same time, SuMo released during the PoGo's peak craze, which has long been gone now.