• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
This already happened twice: we wanted to get 8-player smash going but could only get 7 because the Switch absolutely INSISTS on pairing at least 1 joycon. If we pair a set of joycons that counts as two controllers, so 6 GameCube/Pro Controllers + 1 pair of joycons = 8 total controllers and that's the limit.

Every time we tried connecting controllers from the settings menu in the Switch menu the Switch would automatically pair at least one joycon, even if nobody pressed anything.

What are we supposed to do to get the Switch to stop automatically pairing a joycon?

Did you try pressing the sync/unsync button on the joycon (the one between the SR / SL buttons) to stop the joycon from syncing?

I have no idea if that works, but it's the obvious solution that would be easy to miss.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
At long last, I've finally unlocked Ridley. Even if he feels kinda lacking compared to K Rool, he's still pretty fun to play. Landing his down special is extremely satisfying.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Been having a blast, been cheesing Kirby and Pikachu for world of light but I think I'm tied between K Rool and Simon. Speaking of, seeing fan comics of smash character interactions I always thought a funny idea for a comic would be seeing how various smash characters react to meeting K Rool the first time(Dk gang excluded) especially if it's a play on his hammy cartoon/dk64 personality

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why there are so many 5-8 player online arenas. Do people.nit realise you can make 2 and 3 player arenas, so you can actually play instead of spectating for your turn?! Baffling. I tried to create a 2 player 1v1 arena and nobody joined when it was open for like 5 minutes!
Get to play with other ppl and sometimes I like cleaning between matches so I go for bigger rooms.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Any newcomers in the series?

I'm so overwhelmed about trying to memorize all the characters moves. There's so many!

The most important is going to be in B/special moves. Generally B^ is recovery, B is a power/charge attack or light projectile, B> is an attack that moves you forward. Bv is usually a defensive move. It varies a lot, but for the most part characters have similar-ish moves for every button input. Once you start to settle in with characters you really like you can dig in, don't feel like you need to learn everyone at once.

If you're new I'd avoid certain characters like Olimar, Inkling, or Rosalina until you're comfortable, as they play pretty uniquely. At least in my experience with newcomers to the game people have an easy time starting out with Fire Emblem sword fighters (Ike, Lucina, and Roy) or heavy hitters like Bowser and Ganondorf.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
What is the theme used for Anna's shop? I know I've heard it some battles but I keep missing the song title.

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Joker DLC predictions:

- He'll have a Persona-switching mechanic that changes his special moves, kind of like a mix between Shulk and Pokemon Trainer. Neutral/Smashes will be knife and gun attacks.

I hope it's something like that. My first thought was his specials will be similar to Robin's in that it'll be something like Garu is Up-B, Zio is Down-B, Agi is neutral B and Bufu is side-B. It'd be neat if he has a Persona switch and each set is an element or something instead.

Is that the one on the large Temple stage? I chased them down below with DK and cornered them in the lower right corner. He hit more than they could heal.

Yeah, the stage was part of what made it annoying. I couldn't corner her for the life of me, every time I got her in a decent spot she'd immediately dodge out of it.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
Unlocked all the characters. That means the game starts now correct? Honestly looking forward to finishing WoL and really just learning the game in general.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
Question about WoL endgame:

I'm at the area post Darkhon fight and I fought a spirit and it said one of the two sides is now stronger. Does it actually affect anything if I side one way or the other? Or if I beat all the spirits?

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
I was not expecting that Donkey Kong Country tribute in World of Light. Great that they put in all these nice touches.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
The real question is how is Joker going to enter the stage? My guess is he falls from the top and lands on the thief pose.

ffdgh

Oct 25, 2017
The Mushroom Kingdom
I just spiked someone online in 1 vs 1 with a bob-omb...I'm both confused and in stitches.
KuGsj.gif

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
WoL would be quite a bit better for me if they didn't need to load into the character select screen each time I want to change. Brawl had a good solution by just listing all the names in a quick list. Ultimate loads the entire CSS which takes more than zero seconds and is a separate screen.

I want to switch characters like every spirit but it takes too long.

Zarzolaon

Mar 16, 2018
OH
Having a stylized comic/manga effect should be enough for Joker's gun. Maybe.

Although lore-wise it isn't even real, it looks more real than anything Smash already has.

He'll walk though the Velvet Room door maybe.
Or whatever the warp effect was when entering a palace or Mementos. It's been a while, not even sure those are the same, but I vaguely recall red and black spiral portal stuff.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Will the DLC packs also include new spirits???

Also realistically how do you want to be among the other 4 as long as, the games/ franchise dont have a representstive yet and is not a Sony/ Microsoft 1st party exclusive

DLC 2: Dante
DLC 3: Doomguy
DLC 4: Sora
DLC 5:
Seiba!!!

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
I have 9 more characters left to unlock. Off the top of my head I know it's Wolf, Ken, and Palutena, but I can't even think of the rest. Goddamn there are a lot of characters

Mr.LightMan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know how to open the gate for the fighter between the city and purple fog in world of light?

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Luigi is good again! I'm so happy, he feels great. His jump will take some getting used to, though.
oh did he change? I know his final smash is different (and much better) but aside from that I didn't notice much, but I don't usually play him.

only thing I noticed was I usually suck with Luigi but in this game I've done well with him so far.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Ok peeps, I did it. I bought SSBM for the first time ever. Have no clue what I'm doing. Think I've won my first few matches by simply ground pounding. Where to go? What to do? Recommendation for best tutorials? Which mode should I start with?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Someone tell me how to beat this stupid Pauline fight. It's the worst designed shit in the entire game. Whoever greenlit some of these spirit fights needs to be fired.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ok peeps, I did it. I bought SSBM for the first time ever. Have no clue what I'm doing. Think I've won my first few matches by simply ground pounding. Where to go? What to do? Recommendation for best tutorials? Which mode should I start with?
I'd recommend picking a character that appeals to you then going to Practice mode to try all the attack combinations out. The game comes with a quick tutorial that you can watch, but there's nothing like experimenting for yourself.

Just keep in mind the goal of the game is not to KO your opponents (unless you edit the rules), but rather smash them out of the screen. The more damage they receive, the farther away they'll fly when you smash them.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
The most important is going to be in B/special moves. Generally B^ is recovery, B is a power/charge attack or light projectile, B> is an attack that moves you forward. Bv is usually a defensive move. It varies a lot, but for the most part characters have similar-ish moves for every button input. Once you start to settle in with characters you really like you can dig in, don't feel like you need to learn everyone at once.

If you're new I'd avoid certain characters like Olimar, Inkling, or Rosalina until you're comfortable, as they play pretty uniquely. At least in my experience with newcomers to the game people have an easy time starting out with Fire Emblem sword fighters (Ike, Lucina, and Roy) or heavy hitters like Bowser and Ganondorf.

Is the special moves you're talking about the moves done with the right stick or the moves done by hitting B and a direction on the left stick?

Cr1st0

Oct 28, 2017
To anyone interested, the smash pro controller is available at Amazon for $84.99 from a third party

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Will the DLC packs also include new spirits???

Also realistically how do you want to be among the other 4 as long as, the games/ franchise dont have a representstive yet and is not a Sony/ Microsoft 1st party exclusive

DLC 2: Dante
DLC 3: Doomguy
DLC 4: Sora
DLC 5:
Seiba!!!
I figure
DLC 1: Joker - tie in with persona 5 crimson coming to the switch (likely announced the time of his release)
DLC 2: Sora - tie in with kingdom hearts coming to the switch.
DLC 3: Spiderman or Ironman - tie in with Marvel Ultimate Coming to the switch
DLC 4: not sure actually wouldn't be surprised if it was something like Steve from Minecraft or even a character from Fornite... that game has characters right? idk something popular with kids.
DLC 5: Goku - it will be the type of announcement that after the game has been out for a year will get people to talk about it and pick it up again, maybe even tied into some sort of DB super switch game that nintendo talks them into doing as well?

(my actual wants would be different, but as much as I want it I don't think I will get a Prinny from the Disgaea series lol)

as for spirits I'm expecting them to be added via updates and via DLC.
it would make sense with the DLC packs to bring over like 10 spirits from their games as well.
and it would make sense for updates to add spirits for new game releases to promote them.

smash is the type of game that you can just keep adding stuff to advertise for other things and it will just be considered an awesome thing, more content, nods to other things.

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is the special moves you're talking about the moves done with the right stick or the moves done by hitting B and a direction on the left stick?

Special moves are the B-button moves.

The moves you do with the right stick are basically just shortcuts for smash attacks, which can also be done by "smashing" the left stick and hitting A.

Angst

Oct 27, 2017
How in the hell can you get 9.9 in classic? I get 9.8 basically every time. I just need .1 :(

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
Man I just can't put this game down. Finally got all the characters unlocked and am now trying to figure out who to main.

Thinking of maybe Pokemon Trainer, Palutena, or Pikachu.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Man I just can't put this game down. Finally got all the characters unlocked and am now trying to figure out who to main.

Thinking of maybe Pokemon Trainer, Palutena, or Pikachu.

Anyone with a sword cause apparently everyone fucking mains Ike, Roy, Cloud, or basically anyone with a sword. The amount of spacing you're against when you play vs. a sword character is so obnoxious. You're basically at a disadvantage if you're not using a sword character dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.