• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
Really impressed with the game overall but the grind to unlock characters fucking sucks.

Such total and utter bullshit, especially when a character you are looking forward to unlocking cheese-dicks you during the challenge bout and you have to sit back and wait for that character to pop back up at some point randomly.

Yeah...that's fucking fun Nintendo.

You don't have to wait for them to pop up again. After a battle or two they will be at the challenge door, which is a new menu option that pops up in one of the main menus ("games and more" I think) in the bottom right corner. You can rematch anyone you missed in a challenger approaching fight.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I wish there was a way to easily play 2v2 online. Arena works but it's super tedious to link up.

You mean by connecting with a friend online? I haven't tried that yet , but couch co-op 2v2 online is all I did for hours yesterday. It's definitely my favorite way to play online.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I cleared my first actual boss fight in WoL tonight.

(lol, Giga Bowser)

Level 99 Imprisoned saved my bacon.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You don't have to wait for them to pop up again. After a battle or two they will be at the challenge door, which is a new menu option that pops up in one of the main menus ("games and more" I think) in the bottom right corner. You can rematch anyone you missed in a challenger approaching fight.

I had read that but I couldn't find that option.

Do you have to fight the character more than once for that to be accessible?

Thanks for the heads up regardless.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Anybody else having a weird "wobble" issue with some stages? I've noticed it multiple times on the Ω form of Smash 64 Hyrule Castle. It is a weird effect where when you move around the stage, the perspective shifts and wobbles around. Hard to explain, I saved the replay but am having a hard time uploading it.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I still can't get my controller setup to work in a mode.

Can someone explain exactly how to make it work? I've created a profile. So... where do you choose it?

leder

Oct 25, 2017
So, this is dumb, but I JUST realized that in regards to Fire Emblem characters...

we have three reps from ONE game in the series now (Chrom, Lucina, Robin). Three characters, four models. That is just unbelievably dumb. This is a totally separate complaint from "lol too many FE reps". 3 reps from one single game IS too many, and you can't convince me otherwise.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
just finished unlocking all the chars through the non-WoL path.

genuinely concerned on how some people are going to be able to beat the higher level CPU unlocks.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
So, this is dumb, but I JUST realized that in regards to Fire Emblem characters...

we have three reps from ONE game in the series now (Chrom, Lucina, Robin). Three characters, four models. That is just unbelievably dumb. This is a totally separate complaint from "lol too many FE reps". 3 reps from one single game IS too many, and you can't convince me otherwise.
You think that is bad? Super Mario Party came out just two months ago and yet it has 10 playable characters in Ultimate... Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Bowser Jr., Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Rosalina and Daisy.

just finished unlocking all the chars through the non-WoL path.

genuinely concerned on how some people are going to be able to beat the higher level CPU unlocks.
Has it been discussed how that actually works? I noticed a lot of the unlocks were pretty hard. Is there a progression to their difficulty or something? I cheesed them all with Ike's side B and forward smash but still ended up losing about 5 of the challenger matches.

ciD_Vain

Nov 28, 2017
Los Angeles
Anybody else having a weird "wobble" issue with some stages? I've noticed it multiple times on the Ω form of Smash 64 Hyrule Castle. It is a weird effect where when you move around the stage, the perspective shifts and wobbles around. Hard to explain, I saved the replay but am having a hard time uploading it.
I noticed that the first time I played in that stage. I got dizzy and never played it since.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Dragon Quest would be really, really hard to get, and it wouldn't sell very well in the West.
I couldn't care less. DQ is my dream addition for Smash. And I'm pretty tired of the old DQ sells poorly in the west song and dance, to be honest. DQ XI did fine in the west, and the colorful, cherry world of DQ would gel with Smash quite well.

Plus, it's not like there's no precedent for Japan-oriented characters in Smash. Lucas was DLC, remember? Plus there was Roy and Marth in Melee.

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018

Yeah it's a lot. Two of them are echo-ish/echoes though. That's the only way it makes sense for this to happen.

Chrom was a fan favourite back when smash 4 was coming out IIRC, so maybe they wanted to make up for it by having him in this time. "I suppose I'll get my chance another day" and all that.

Deleted member 30395

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Enjoying the game a lot, but I do miss target smash, home run contest and most of all the trophy gallery!

Hoping target smash and home run smash come via DLC

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I me

I mean if it's any game from FE it should definitely be awakening, but yeah it's definitely something I think too.

jimmytutron

Oct 27, 2017
lol so I found fool proof way to unlock characters if you're garbage like me
1. Pick Kirby
2. Jump over them
3. Spam Down + B
rinse and repeat

fuck you pichu

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Currently sitting at 322 spirits unlocked, left side of the map done aside from 3 small paths I can't access yet. Started the right side, no problems so far.
She killed herself. Pauline just...killed herself. After 30 tries she just jumped off.

I'm so fucking tired.
Same here, although I think that if I set some more Jump+ spirits, it would've been that bad.

So far my least favorite battles have been:
I don't remember what spirit it was, but: Incineroar + Villager + Sheriff assist trophy on the Warioware stage. I think the only items appearing were Boss Galagas. The worst so far.
Dr. Willy, all those metal Megamen, uh.
Ho-oh was very annoying until I got stroger and got more fire defense.

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
Enjoying the game a lot, but I do miss target smash, home run contest and most of all the trophy gallery!

Hoping target smash and home run smash come via DLC
I thought target smash was in actually, was a little dissapointed but the enormous amount of other content makes up for it.

May 9, 2018
Beat World of Light after 19 hours. When people said it would take that long I didn't believe them. Color me impressed.

Still missing a few characters though (Lucina and Richter) and there aren't any guides yet :/

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017

Whatever, two of them are clones, one of which was fan requested ever since that "I suppose I'll get my chance another day". Robin is the only one who is not a clone, and has a very unique moveset.

Seriously the hate on FE is so generic and tiresome at this point. I don't even like FE and even I am getting tired of this constant whining lol

casey_contra

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
World of Light is awesome but man, those sub-sections are INCREDIBLE!

I was first wowed by
Donkey Kong Country and Street Fighter
but I just stumbled upon
Dracula's Castle!!!

Wow!

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
Beat World of Light after 19 hours. When people said it would take that long I didn't believe them. Color me impressed.

Still missing a few characters though (Lucina and Richter) and there aren't any guides yet :/
Uhhhhhh

I have them both, but I forgot where I got Lucina already.

Richter just go to the place where you'd expect to find a Belmont best known for being turned into Dracula's puppet at one point and think really hard about how to solve a puzzle in the last spot. The solution may involve backtracking to near the start of the level and back again.

Hell I remember two characters becoming accessible with one action when I did that, maybe she was there???

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Feel like Battle Arena owners shouldn't be able to disband the group while a match is happening.
This is the absolute worst. Makes public arenas useless unless they only have room for two people, since in my experience the leader always just up and leaves as soon as they're not playing.

And if you're just looking for one other person, there should be matchmaking for that instead, but of course they messed that up as well...

I'm not hopeful they'll address the online modes and they'll stay absolutely terrible and that makes me so sad.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
things aren't so bad now that i have shrugged off the notion that i should try playing with bad spirits to earn more currency and instead just jam offensive options onto ascended level 99 chun li with most of my offensive skill board unlocked and bash brains in

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
Some are hidden by actual puzzles. (The puzzle for Chrom is a dick move IMO)
The puzzle for Chrom I basically cracked just by seeing the character pawn and obsessing over it until I cracked it.

If it hadn't been one of the ones already on the map I would have never known he existed in WoL.

Jumping into the treasure chest is a borderline moon logic puzzle. I just randomly pressed directions when I finally figured out the general area the clue referred to hoping for the best and that still took me off guard.

And for Richter just keep paying attention to the final cannon puzzle. There's a wall from the first castle area that you have to have positioned correctly to bounce a cannonball off of.

Last edited:

R.D.Blax

Oct 26, 2017

For Richter, you need to destroy all the dark stuff with canon. I took awhile to figure this out. For Lucina I think she was somewhere in the castle too ? I know there was at least 2 hidden characters here

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Is there any particular reason to go through New Game+ after you beat World of Light other than starting it for the challenge panel?

May 9, 2018
For Richter, you need to destroy all the dark stuff with canon. I took awhile to figure this out. For Lucina I think she was somewhere in the castle too ? I know there was at least 2 hidden characters here
Yep, that did it.

I take back what I said about Chrom, atleast the game gives you a hint there. There's literally nothing in-game for Richter.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to stay on Normal. I have no clue how to take out the Sheriff without it leading to my demise. He's relentless.
I equipped Captain Rainbow as my main spirit (level up/enhance Nick). If you get the first strike on your enemy, you get roughly 7 seconds of invincibility. You can just dash into Sheriff and spam smash attacks (assuming he's grounded).

HemoGoblin

Nov 3, 2017
You think that is bad? Super Mario Party came out just two months ago and yet it has 10 playable characters in Ultimate... Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Bowser Jr., Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Rosalina and Daisy.

Has it been discussed how that actually works? I noticed a lot of the unlocks were pretty hard. Is there a progression to their difficulty or something? I cheesed them all with Ike's side B and forward smash but still ended up losing about 5 of the challenger matches.
Lol that's how I cheesed most of my challenger fights too. I was getting my tail kicked otherwise

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
I am struggling a bit as a new player, I love playing the game, still haven't found a character to stick with yet but when those random character unlock fights pop up I get excited because I like the character that comes up, then I lose because I have never fought them before and they just disappear for how long? Why isn't there the ability to replay these fights?

Also in WoL, why am I sometimes up against 4 enemies at a time? Some of the fights I seem to have the upper hand and they enemy barely touches me but then I am launched off the screen and lose. The difficulty of the fights seems a bit all over the place too, I feel like it's getting harder then I destroy the next one somehow.

There is so much to this game that isn't even remotely explained to new players, it's quite frustrating.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Bought Smash yesterday and played a little WoL. Really enjoying it so far. The last time I played a Smash game it was on the GC...
I have to get used to the controls again.

What are some WoL Dos and Don'ts? So far I've only used the spirits I unlocked without manually leveling them up. Haven't really looked the spirit summon. Is it worth it?
I came across a locked gate with a computer console. The camera panned to a green button but that just opened a green gate. Do I need a specific spirit for that gate?
What does the mine do? I accidentally clicked the text away when I unlocked it. I'm guessing sending characters there levels them up?

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
Got round to doing Yoshi's Classic Mode.

Holy shit that boss battle is so good. All the little touches with items as well.

I wish there was a boss rush mode :(

Status
Not open for further replies.