• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing Rondo of Blood to help pass the time and good lord I'm bad at classic style Castlevania but Richter is still bae.
My recommendation is to play patiently. Castlevania is a slow, deliberate kind of platformer. Because of the lack of air control, you can't just rush into situations and jump around willy nilly. Learn your enemies' patterns, then wait for safe situations to attack.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
My recommendation is to play patiently. Castlevania is a slow, deliberate kind of platformer. Because of the lack of air control, you can't just rush into situations and jump around willy nilly. Learn your enemies' patterns, then wait for safe situations to attack.
You could do what I do and play as Maria, lol.

I don't mind being terrible at it. I'm having fun. And Maria is for the second playthrough!

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Oh hey, they pushed the day one patch early? I was hoping they would do that, so I can jump in straight away at midnight.

jrDev

Banned
Mar 2, 2018
Beautiful! Man, the content in this game is MASSIVE!

Also, over/under chance of new DLC character revealed at the game awards?

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Amazon continues to say it'll be delivered on Friday, not like how they delivered my Switch with Zelda by 8 the day before launch day... So I switched to digital, I'll give the physical preorder to my sibling for Christmas. 49ish hours remain...

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Beautiful! Man, the content in this game is MASSIVE!

Also, over/under chance of new DLC character revealed at the game awards?
Definitely under. Not only were the Fighters Pass characters finalized only weeks ago, but we don't even have a finalized release date for Piranha Plant. If we get anything Smash-related at The Game Awards, it'll likely be said PP release date, & I'm honestly not expecting that until the January Direct.

Basically, I feel like we shouldn't be surprised if we don't hear anything else about the Fighters Pass until the Spring 2019 Direct. Sakurai & Co. are likely gonna want to space things out, with Piranha Plant tiding us over until the Fighters Pass characters start rolling out over the course of the next year or so.

Deleted member 32561

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
To be fair, Mewtwo was announced with only a model, and one can comfortably make a model in about 2 weeks time, supposing a 5 day a week, 8 hours a day work schedule. They could do a special launch trailer with an "X character is on the way" tease at the end.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
To be fair, Mewtwo was announced with only a model, and one can comfortably make a model in about 2 weeks time, supposing a 5 day a week, 8 hours a day work schedule. They could do a special launch trailer with an "X character is on the way" tease at the end.
It just seems to be too soon, especially when we don't have a release date for Piranha Plant.

Deleted member 32561

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
It just seems to be too soon, especially when we don't have a release date for Piranha Plant.
Yeah that's fair. I'm just spitballin' really. It seems weird to be like "oh hey guys we got something cool for you relating to Smash" and it's something we'll be finding out about in 4 hours' time supposing it's an in-game reveal. I dunno!

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Found that pre-Melee thing I mentioned earlier. Roy was the character I was thinking of that was a big question mark.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/64873159
Man it's crazy how much this lines up with the hype cycles for other games especially Ultimate.

The whole part with the nightmare roster just rings so many shades of Box Theory. Then people being down when we see the roster but then being excited for other features. Crazy the similarities between Melee and Ultimate near the end there

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Has anyone's Amazon copies shipped yet?

Mine is supposed to ship tommorrow, apparently.

Balbanes

Oct 25, 2017
Although I've been playing this series since the 64, I'd like to finally learn how to play it properly. I'm looking at picking Lucas as my main character. Any advice about approaching learning the fundamentals? Maybe some videos, or particular mechanics or modes I should focus on first?

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Also I appreciate y'all kind words about Official Thread! I wouldn't have done it without the team! (Yes, I finally caught up with the thread! >.>)

Strat

Apr 8, 2018

Is this game not worth it if I don't have any local friends to play with?
For what it's worth, I've probably spent 90% of my Smash time over the decades playing alone. So, no. I haven't had local friends who play Smash since high school playing Melee and I still spend hundreds of hours with each game. Smash is fun no matter how you play it.
Also I appreciate y'all kind words about Official Thread! I wouldn't have done it without the team! (Yes, I finally caught up with the thread! >.>)
We can always rely on Heath! Great work, man.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Man been on WoL all day. It's becoming a grind. Cheesed a lot of stuff using a spirit which has super armor until higher percent for over 90% of the battles. No cutscenes yet.

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Anybody have any updates from their best buy order? Mine still hasn't shipped out. :(

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that's fair. I'm just spitballin' really. It seems weird to be like "oh hey guys we got something cool for you relating to Smash" and it's something we'll be finding out about in 4 hours' time supposing it's an in-game reveal. I dunno!
did they actuall say it would be related to smash because if the clip of Reggie & Geoff is what's being considered I am pretyt sure all Reggie hinted at was showing something to "make up" for releasing Smash Bros on the 7th

Which, like

Could be anything? Metroid Prime 4? Metroid Prime Trilogy? Donkey Kong: Cranky's Revenge? Anything else?

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Like I get they're modeling them after a character's likeness, but after doing over 200 it starts feeling the same imo. It sucks that there are no descriptions for characters other than name and game series. So many niche characters I don't know what they are other than how the spirit battle is designed. Better off googling their names.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
So, since they released one of the two lost Kid Icarus Uprising AR Cards as part of the countdown today...

are they going to release the final card, Medusa (Rare), when Medusa is revealed as DLC?

Also, since I don't think this was posted here yet, here's the English version of the card.

Last edited:

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Hey out of curiosity

Who owns the smash original characters. Like the ones Brawl-onwards. Are they all joint HAL/Nintendo characters? Pure HAL? Could they suddenly pull on Tabuu and put him in a Kirby. Box Boy 4: This Time There's Primids. UFO Catcher 2 featuring Galeem

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Hey out of curiosity

Who owns the smash original characters. Like the ones Brawl-onwards. Are they all joint HAL/Nintendo characters? Pure HAL? Could they suddenly pull on Tabuu and put him in a Kirby. Box Boy 4: This Time There's Primids. UFO Catcher 2 featuring Galeem
Joint Nintendo/HAL if I recall correctly. Similar situation to Kirby, who already had Master and Crazy hand pop up in his own games.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
So the only playable franchises left with Twitter accounts are Splatoon, Mega Man, & Street Fighter. I wonder if Capcom will kill 2 birds with one stone.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
So the only playable franchises left with Twitter accounts are Splatoon, Mega Man, & Street Fighter. I wonder if Capcom will kill 2 birds with one stone.
I'm surprised the Pocket Camp twitter didn't have its own tweet (it just retweeted the main account's tweet) and maybe even a promotion. Likewise I'm surprised Heroes didn't have Smash Banners lined up even if they'd be pretty red.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
So for us superior digital download folks, does this unlock at midnight (Thursday going on Friday)?

Brawlz

Banned
May 18, 2018
So, since they released one of the two lost Kid Icarus Uprising AR Cards as part of the countdown today...

are they going to release the final card, Medusa (Rare), when Medusa is revealed as DLC?

Also, since I don't think this was posted here yet, here's the English version of the card.

I know your theory is stretching, but, I could literally not be happier if that came to fruition.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
So for us superior digital download folks, does this unlock at midnight (Thursday going on Friday)?
Yeah, the game will be available at 12:00 am ET for US folks.

Though, the superior Oceania and Japanese clans will already have the game at around 6:00 pm Thursday in your timezone. MUHAHAHAHA

Status
Not open for further replies.