• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like i just gotta learn someone else to be more competitive now. Maybe richter or k rool since k rool is decidedly one of the best in the game. Not a huge fan of G&W's new aerial either.
K Rool is overrated imo. I think he's kind of like Little Mac in early 3DS where a lot of people just don't know how to play around his strengths. Not quite the same because K Rool is a genuinely good character, but I'm not even convinced he's the best heavy, especially based on what I've heard from top level players

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The Dr. Wily fight wasn't bad. I beat it on my second try. However, I had metal killer and also two slots for stamina. I just spammed Final Cutter the whole time. lol

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I think Richter and Simon are great characters to use against K.Rool.

Well, personally I'm having an easy time dealing with K.Rool with them.

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do custom controls not transfer over to World of Light? I can't stand jump being anything other then the B button.

How's Bayo in Ultimate?

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I think any character that outranges K Rool has a really good match up vs him. I play as Shulk and I think the matchup is incredibly favorable for Shulk too
I only have about 25 characters unlocked since I'm taking slow learning some I'll wouldn't considered.

But yeah, seems that way so. Richter and Shulk are pretty good against K.Rool so far. Tho I personally prefer Richter since I suck at using Shulk's Monado stances.

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
Do custom controls not transfer over to World of Light? I can't stand jump being anything other then the B button.

How's Bayo in Ultimate?

At the moment she's seen as a bad character.. some think she may require a different kind of playstyle

unlike smash 4, lots of fighters can body her now and she feels sluggish to play

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Took me a while to realize the gimmick (Aside from defeated allies joining you for the next match) behind Mewtwo's Classic mode.

Most are characters that were once mind controlled in their home series, namely Cloud (Late Disc 1/Early Disc 2 FFVII), Ryu (Street Fighter Alpha 3), Richter (Symphony of the Night) and Palutena (Uprising)

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I only have about 25 characters unlocked since I'm taking slow learning some I'll wouldn't considered.

But yeah, seems that way so. Richter and Shulk are pretty good against K.Rool so far. Tho I personally prefer Richter since I suck at using Shulk's Monado stances.
I think a big trick to learning shulk is realizing that you're not actually going to be using any stance a lot of the time. He's definitely harder to learn than most other characters if you really want to utilize his full potential, but I think you can learn to play him at a decent level much more quickly

Muras

Oct 28, 2017
I gotta say, I'm not a huge fan of Shulk's new way of activating Monodo Arts. I thought I'd love it when watching the Directs and stuff, but I keep accidentally activating things like shield when trying to use Vision, because I hold the Special button a touch too long. Also, the range for the directional activation seems off for me... I'll often be trying to activate Buster and end up getting Smash, even though I'm holding the stick pretty far to the right. I think the move needs more of a dead zone towards the center, since I think it's from letting go of the stick and it falling into another "range" before it finally activates. Not sure if other people love it or what, but I kinda wish I could disable it at this point because I keep losing matches when somehow having shield activating after getting launched (I think from mis-timing Vision) and not realizing it until it's too late since you gotta stop holding left or right to turn arts off, otherwise you just Back Slash yourself to death.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I gotta say, I'm not a huge fan of Shulk's new way of activating Monodo Arts. I thought I'd love it when watching the Directs and stuff, but I keep accidentally activating things like shield when trying to use Vision, because I hold the Special button a touch too long. Also, the range for the directional activation seems off for me... I'll often be trying to activate Buster and end up getting Smash, even though I'm holding the stick pretty far to the right. I think the move needs more of a dead zone towards the center, since I think it's from letting go of the stick and it falling into another "range" before it finally activates. Not sure if other people love it or what, but I kinda wish I could disable it at this point because I keep losing matches when somehow having shield activating after getting launched (I think from mis-timing Vision) and not realizing it until it's too late since you gotta stop holding left or right to turn arts off, otherwise you just Back Slash yourself to death.
I mean you can still use the old way if it's tripping you up. I've had the same issues, but I think that's my own fault more than the new mechanics

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I had a Wii Fit Trainer mirror match online (I won) and it made me happy to see such a variety of characters to go up against. I've even seen more Pichus than Foxes! Marth, at least when I play, seems to be the most used online.

I'm sticking with my Wii Fit Trainer from Smash 4. I really like her aerials and wonky hit boxes. It just makes me feel like I have a ton of options at all times.

MisterLuffy

Oct 25, 2017
I had a Wii Fit Trainer mirror match online (I won) and it made me happy to see such a variety of characters to go up against. I've even seen more Pichus than Foxes! Marth, at least when I play, seems to be the most used online.

I'm sticking with my Wii Fit Trainer from Smash 4. I really like her aerials and wonky hit boxes. It just makes me feel like I have a ton of options at all times.
I've been messing around with wii fit trainer, what's your advice on playing her really well?

awake4ages

Neo•Geo Saver
Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad to see they are already working on a patch for this game as there is a lot that needs fixing, but I really hope they aren't already touching character balance. :/

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Simon Classic Mode Spoilers:
Oh my god. They made the best final boss battle of a Castlevania EVER.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I unlocked Bayonetta tonight and her Classic Mode is brilliant.

An army of Pits, and Palutena as the boss fight, of course.

I also played Dark Samus's Classic Mode and it made me feel vindication.

HILDA SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE MAIN VILLAIN OF A LINK BETWEEN WORLDS AND I WILL DIE ON A HILL FOR THIS.

Oct 25, 2017
Simon Classic Mode Spoilers:
Oh my god. They made the best final boss battle of a Castlevania EVER.

Yeah I was waiting for the chance to ask this, having never played a Castlevania long enough to get anywhere near a Dracula fight let alone a final boss, thought it was very well done. I couldn't damage him after a point I think, or at all during a certain phase. This was before the beast phase. What game or games does this harken back to?

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
dude

does ANYTHING beat k rool's roflcopter?

that little shit outpriorotizes everything it feels like. mk's dair stands no fucking chance.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Yeah I was waiting for the chance to ask this, having never played a Castlevania long enough to get anywhere near a Dracula fight let alone a final boss, thought it was very well done. I couldn't damage him after a point I think, or at all during a certain phase. This was before the beast phase. What game or games does this harken back to?

Rondo of Blood and the beginning of Symphony of the Night. Phase 1 you hit Dracula in the head, then his demon form just hit him anywhere.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I also played Dark Samus's Classic Mode and it made me feel vindication.

HILDA SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE MAIN VILLAIN OF A LINK BETWEEN WORLDS AND I WILL DIE ON A HILL FOR THIS.
my main Defense Spirit is a Lv. 99 Hilda, if that makes you feel better

at least it is until I level up one of my Legends

Feb 10, 2018
Is there a way for the game to remember your favorite costumes for the characters? For example I always play with pink little mac, but it seems that I have to change his costume each time I choose him?

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So I finally managed to beat the Sukapon spirit. Here's what I did:
I equipped Cupid (starts you with staff), Amy Rose (increases damage to shields) and Pyra (more damage to ATs - Sheriff works too for this).
I then spammed the staff shots on the Mii and, once Sukapon spawned, it as well, knocking it out with 2 shots. Then I had enough time before a Sukapon spawn to go to town on the solo Mii, making it MUCH more easily manageable.

It was also my last spirit available on the Board, which means all I have left are ones that you have to summon, that evolve from enhanceables, and ones that are locked behind challenges.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Any reason for the up and down arrows when selecting the spirit to train? Just recommend ones?

Positive arrows pointing up are Spirits that are in tune with what the Dojo has to offer, and leaving them there will net that Spirit more XP.

Negative arrows pointing down is the opposite. You'll get less XP if you leave them there.

Shoe

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You wouldn't have to worry about getting anywhere near a final boss to experience the fight that's referencing. It's the opening scene of Symphony of the Night.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
I seem to have gotten through most of the trouble fights I read around here in World of Light. Anything I should be prepared for going over the "Lightning Bridge"?

julian

Oct 27, 2017
I don't fully get these spirit activities. I just put spirits in with the up arrow icon if available. Is there a good explanation/guide somewhere? The stuff I found online seems a bit light on details.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
I'm officially loving everything related to spirit, just grabbed a Legendary Omega Ridley and two aces (Eirika and Bass) on spirit board.

Kinda bummed Eirika can't be evolved like in FE though :(

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
I just noticed that Dracula-kun can sometimes show up as a silhouette in Dracula's Castle. That is so cool. And I think Sypha can too very briefly? Awesome easter eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.