• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
I'm up to 1,035 spirits. I've given up on trying to use smash attacks against 4 star spirits as they all either get dodged or perfect shielded.

Skies

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone actually enjoy 4 player smash on omega form stages with items turned off?

I keep drawing that on background matchmaking and it's awful.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
i beat rayman

DuMrFlZUUAAIAKN.jpg

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yo, I need some tech for the Dr. Wily spirit fight. It is absolutely kicking my ass. :( I waited to do it and even at like equal power ~12,000 I'm still getting just destroyed.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
This AI drives me crazy. I try to play right and get better, it kicks my ass. I play Kirby and spam Final Cutter, it's a walk in the park.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just got a notification about an upcoming event on the spirit board. We'll be getting extra loot for beating spirits that wear glasses. Neat that they're doing events like this.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
90 challenges done. None of them are really hard this time around. Last ones left are mostly from Online/Classic mode sunce i haven't done those yet.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i know this has probably been asked a million times but the thread is big so: is this worth it if i'm just gonna play solo 99% of the time?

I'd say you'd probably get your moneys worth out of it. Classic Mode and Adventure mode are pretty big time sinks. And then if you want to pepper in some online matches or whatever in there for the fun of it you can to. I've played 40hrs so far just running around the Adventure mode map doing fights and clearing out the board and its a HUGE map.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
So uhm, is there an easy way to make a lot of SP? I need a gorillion for all the summons I'm gonna have to do lol.

You make a decent amount from new game+. Once you've maxed out your skill tree you get 50 SP for every skill orb you'd normally get. That + discarding duplicate spirits and looting chests gets you a nice amount. Plus fights this time are easier with the maxed out skill tree.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Hi.

Is anyware i can find this smash classic mode banner with better resolution?

KSjFs9C.jpg

I want to print it to a friend as a xmas gift.
I can't find it anywhere either. I'd like a full texture rip of the game at some point since those are cool to have.
For this one, it seems imgur compressed it to fit their max width, perhaps. I've enlarged it a bunch so you can print it at larger sizes with reasonable quality. Get that here: http://ge.tt/5CmTyLt2.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they'll update the everyone is here mural with the DLC characters when they come out

It'd be pretty cool to watch that grow

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
my main Defense Spirit is a Lv. 99 Hilda, if that makes you feel better

at least it is until I level up one of my Legends
Nice! I still have yet to level boost up any of my spirits that are capable of evolving and don't really have a set of main primary spirits. I keep getting so many that it's a little overwhelming!

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
haha had a 4 star Giga Mac fight that was making me tear my hair out (super armour giant mac stamina fight, he starts with 160hp to your 100hp and utterly pummels you) and eventually I just cheesed it with Ridley's side B because it was on the boxing ring stage

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
This was a truly epic adventure, except I have no clue what the heck I missed lol!

Anybody have any idea how many spaces there are total?

48087427_10158030134378989_9211842729724608512_o.jpg

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
ah, Ashley's spirit battle is just the worst

I'm gonna have to come back later with a spirit that can counter this nonsense, hopefully

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I'd say you'd probably get your moneys worth out of it. Classic Mode and Adventure mode are pretty big time sinks. And then if you want to pepper in some online matches or whatever in there for the fun of it you can to. I've played 40hrs so far just running around the Adventure mode map doing fights and clearing out the board and its a HUGE map.
awesome, this is exactly what i wanted to know! thank you!

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
I'm up to 1,052 spirits. This is my rank of worst fights to slightly worse fights:

1. Fights with multiple enemies spamming projectiles.
2. 4 star fights with a field effect limiting your options.
3. Enemies who run from you on a timer.
4. Fights with assist trophies.
5. Stamina fights against enemies with permanent super armor.
6. Fights against enemies with constant final smashes.
7. Fights where enemies start with Pokeballs (fuck the Kyogre one I just lost to).

Then everything else.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
Cute art for the upcoming Smash Splatfest.

- Marina uses the Gamecube controller
- Cap'n Cuttlefish uses the base model Pro Controller
- Pearl uses the Joy-Con grip
- Callie has a shiny new Smash Pro Controller
- Marie is a coward who will not enter the ring, but is wearing matching Smash earrings with Callie

Also, Marina is wearing a headset to test voice chat by herself, I guess.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Finished WoL for the first time. Sakurai, there was no need to be quite that extra but it was appreciated all the same

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
ah, Ashley's spirit battle is just the worst

I'm gonna have to come back later with a spirit that can counter this nonsense, hopefully

I did this one today, just pick bowser and keep spamming either your up B or up tilt, the AI keeps running into it. There's plenty of spirit who can make you ignore the reversing movement thing, but honestly it doesn't seem like you need it.

The one that gave me trouble was the great fairy one. It took me forever until somehow I managed to combo zelda with Bowser with 4 fairs and managed to side smash her off without needing her to heal.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
This was a truly epic adventure, except I have no clue what the heck I missed lol!

Anybody have any idea how many spaces there are total?

48087427_10158030134378989_9211842729724608512_o.jpg
Did you unlock Mii Brawler (Dark Realm/Zelda Clock Puzzle) or Richter (Dark Realm/Castlevania Area, kill all ghosts)
What about the Gourmet Race with 1st, 2nd and 3rd place respectively.
Defeating both final bosses separately should factor in completion as well.
Those are the only tricky ones I can remember

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017

Thanks!

Man I really fucking love this game. It feels much more complete than Smash 4 even though it lacks many modes.

There may be fewer modes than Smash 4, but what's left feels much more cohesive and integrated with the rest of the game.

It's funny, I was bummed out by the lack of modes at first, but now there's a voice in the back of my head that looks at Mob Smash and thinks "Why is this still in the game?" It feels noticeably disconnected from the rest of the experience in comparison. Though I do like that you can play on the Battlefield form of every stage.

Mcjmetroid

Oct 28, 2017
Limerick, Ireland
Anyone else having trouble sleeping since this game came out ? :D

I just took out one of the Bosses in World of Light
The Giga Bowser fight, used Megaman, on Hard mode pretty darn hard
And 1 more go turns into 20.

I love how snappy the loading and UI is in this game, it's extremely polished in that way.

SuperBlank

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The hardest Spirit battle for me was Giga Mac. Ended up hitting him past the blast zone with a FS, got lucky.

Second would be Pauline, mostly cuz fuck 75m.

Dr. Wily wasn't too tough with Metal Killer.

Though I'm sure I still have a handful of Legend battles left on the Spirit Board.

Tanuki-Go

One Winged Slayer
Jul 21, 2018
US
Man, fuck that Pauline Spirit fight. I got rid of the Staff-equipping Spirits without realizing I'd need them and couldn't cheese it... so I had to do it the hard way. lol

KayMote

Nov 5, 2017
Finally beat that Zero Suit Samus legendary fight on hard. I kind of cheesed my way through with Donkey Kongs down b earthquake attack.

marc^o^

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
Anyone else having trouble sleeping since this game came out ? :D
Last time I played so late for 5 days straight was for BOTW, this game is crack. I unlocked 44 characters playing vs matches, finished a classic arcade run with Ryu, played 10 hours in WoL, and spent the rest of the time online. I'm at work and all I can think of is to get back home and practice for my first Arena with friends tonight :D

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm struggling hard in the World of Light, because I'm terrible with all the characters I've unlocked so far. I really hope I will come across Link, Luigi or Cloud soon because I'm getting my ass kicked all the time.
Other than that I am really enjoying my time with SSBU so far. Fantastic game and the amount of content is just insane.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I'm struggling hard in the World of Light, because I'm terrible with all the characters I've unlocked so far. I really hope I will come across Link, Luigi or Cloud soon because I'm getting my ass kicked all the time.
Other than that I am really enjoying my time with SSBU so far. Fantastic game and the amount of content is just insane.
Don't expect to see Luigi or Cloud for awhile. You'll find Link if you follow Villager's path near the start of the map.

Mcjmetroid

Oct 28, 2017
Limerick, Ireland
I was delighted when I saw the Kirby World of Light cutscene before the game came out. Kirby is my main player.

I'm doing my best to try new characters. I love the Duck hunt Duo and Megaman lately but when it gets tough that pink fella will get me out of a tight jam.

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Don't expect to see Luigi or Cloud for awhile. You'll find Link if you follow Villager's path near the start of the map.
Damn I took
Shiek's path
because I thought she might be fun to play (haven't played Smash in ages).
Guess this is gonna be my "git gud" moment then.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I just calculated that I need over 125,000 SP for all of the remaining summoned spirits. D:

At least beyond that, I only need to idly level the enhancables in the Gym and do the remaining challenges.

DoubleYou

Oct 26, 2017
Ive been playing Smash since launch but I havent touched WOL yet. The GX review made me want to skip it but I think I'll start today. Is it any fun?

And I cant decide on the difficulty. It doesnt feel rewarding to play normal when you know theres a hard mode haha. Is hard doable?

diverit

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone achieved the Shulk challenge in Spirits? It's the one that says leave a spirit in the gym 3 times. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
now that i've finished WoL i can finally slow down and just do stuff at my own pace lol. I dunno why I was rushing through it other than to finish it, but now I can just leisurely go through classic and pick up more collectibles and learn the rest of the roster instead of just my faves

Status
Not open for further replies.