• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This may sound like a weird question, but is there a way to reset the levels of your spirits?

shotgunbob04

Oct 25, 2017
Got a $10 off coupon from Best Buy in the mail, so I went ahead and picked up the Fighter Pass since I knew I was going to buy it anyways! Ended up being about $16 after tax.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the last achievement I needed so I'm done with that too. This is the 3rd Smash game I've 100%'d with Melee and 3DS.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Since when does Samus fire blanks? I used to just spam her smash b missiles forever now like every third seems to be blank

goldenpp73

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
1024px-Dark_Pit_Palette_%28SSBU%29.png

Can someone explain to me why does one of Dark Pit alts have dark skin? I don't remember that being a part of Kid Icarus Uprising nor do I like the idea that only Dark Pit has this alt whereas Pit doesn't.

What the fuck are you trying to say Sakrai, that people with darker skin are evil?

I find it interesting that often when you post it's complaining or taking a stand on something. Not even trying to call you out, just an unusual pattern I see sprout up whenever I see that Pikachu.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Low key the best thing about competitive Ultimate so far is that Pokemon Stadium 2 is the new Smashville. Much better stage to have as the competitive Smash stage that will be chosen alot

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm going to sub Lucas for Ness. PK Freeze is a way better edgeguarding tool than PK Flash, but otherwise it feels like Ness has all the advantages between the two. PK Fire can set up combos, you can chase with PK Thunder and recover easier, Ness' A moves just rack up the damage without needing to be so precise, and there's his super deadly back throw.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Any idea why this would happen?

One guess I've read, that seems pretty logical, is that the damage amplification keeps growing with each pocket until it hits a value that the game isn't programmed to handle. Depending on the actual cause, the fix could just be as simple as adjusting how damage amplification works in this exchange.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
According to Sakurai, the arrangers often go for selecting their favorite songs. It's not necessarily a hint towards anything.
Yeah, it's why we get things like five Fire Emblem remixes from one composer that just really wanted to remix some Fire Emblem tunes, or why there are so many Castlevania remixes. There's no correlation between song selection in the game and projects that Nintendo may have in development.

Last edited:

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I haven't faced a single Pichu, Yoshi, or Peach/Daisy who wasn't some kind of master at the game.
Yoshi is the real deal. Bair now totally fucks your shit up and Ftilt pops you up into his new ridiculous Uair. Dude's a beast.

Yoshi is straight up terrifying in this game. I can usually handle Peach/Daisy but those matches are really close. I keep expecting to get nailed by Pichu but my characters might just have good matchups against him (and I used to play him a lot in Melee so its hard for him to catch me off guard maybe?).
Yoshi though, as I said, is terrifying. I can barely play him for beans, the only time I win against him online is out of sheer luck (like hitting him with a meteor smash or him getting caught underneath the stage at the end of the match).

Conversely, I'm really enjoying everyone in the GSP 1.2ish million club using Wolf. I was pretty good against him to begin with and now I find him pretty easy to go up against.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Why is the Sukapon battle, the actual one not the Rayman one, so bad
it is just awful, even with assist killer. Even the franklin badge isn't really helping since any time the CPU hits you it'll probabyl fall off in one or two hits and then the mii gunner will just hit you with reckless abandon (& also sukapon will hit you)

Soulsis

Oct 25, 2017
My God this game. Ten days later and I'm still awestruck scrolling through the character select screen. What a special game

PK Gaming

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy fuck that nikita kill was a thing of beauty. I love to watch Pikachu eat shit.
For real. Leffen just made a new tier list that put Snake in the lowest tier possible and right now we're watching ESAM's Pikachu get eaten by Snake. Nobody knows shit.

People know shit. ZeRo's been preaching about Snake's strength all day on stream, as have some top players on twitter.

It's Leffen who needs to catchup.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy fuck that nikita kill was a thing of beauty. I love to watch Pikachu eat shit.
For real. Leffen just made a new tier list that put Snake in the lowest tier possible and right now we're watching ESAM's Pikachu get eaten by Snake. Nobody knows shit.
I don't know how many times I have to say it, but Leffen is all around a terrible Ultimate resource.

Falco's good, Snake is terrible, K Rool is broken, everything he says is wrong.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
People know shit. ZeRo's been preaching about Snake's strength all day on stream, as have some top players on twitter.

It's Leffen who needs to catchup.

I don't know what people expected from early tier lists. Most players haven't even tested half the characters for any real time.
Someone makes a guess for the sake of completing a list, then the best at a certain character shows what they can do and it tells a different story just like every smash.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean ZeRo had Chrom at the bottom of bottom tier
ZeRo said he didn't no where Chrom would go actually, and this is also before the game came out and he had a chance to play as him. Watching his stream, he pretty much revised that opinion completely the moment he got hands on with Chrom.

Also, I'm going to say just watching the video where ZeRo consistently bodies Leffen consecutively in Ultimate is a good demonstration of how former Smash 4 players are way more equipped for the Ultimate Meta than Melee players are in general

jakomocha

Oct 29, 2017
California
Does anyone else not really have a main? There's like a cycle of characters I rotate between playing but even then I often like to switch things up and play as someone I'm more unfamiliar with.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure before playing him and esam had characters like Chrom at the bottom
You're wrong though, because again in the pre-release tier list ZeRo had he very clearly stated that the tier he placed Chrom in was unranked because he had a lot of amazing strengths but also an iffy recovery and he didn't feel confident in ranking him yet

Also, it's really important to keep in mind that early opinions after the game has come out are way, way more relevant than the ones from before the game is out for incredibly obvious reasons

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
He didn't. You probably just saw the image of the tier list which had unranked tiers under everything else and got confused.

And again it's the difference between two weeks before the game launches and yesterday.

maybe, but either way the tiers are never going to be what people expected. Basing snake on MVD but like a lot of people didn't have most of the top8 characters in the top tier at all.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ

When I'm not at work or on Destiny 2, I'm Smashin.

Incineroar is my new project. I love him but goddamn his recovery sucks ass.

PK Gaming

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stop being stubborn and just watch ZeRo's streams

He's keyed into Ultimate's meta better than pretty much anyone atm (plus they're fun)

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
I am keeping up with them because I need to something to watch while I'm studying, and I'm telling you Leffen is the worst of all of them.

Probably. Hes just reeling in his obscene amount of new subscribers to his stream. I dont blame them, the guys really talented at learning new games and I wouldn't be surprised if he does pretty well.

Paper Wario

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I cant keep up with all the tier lists and dont plan to until the games been out for a while, but im sure its going to keep changing a lot.
He just announced today that he's coming out with an hour long updated tier list vid on Monday lol. Especially with the biggest roster yet, there's going to be so many characters bouncing around.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
One thing to consider with Leffen is that I don't think he's ever really been involved with developing a tier list for a completely new meta like this before. He came into melee long after the meta was established, and while the Melee meta is certainly not static it's still a lot different analyzing an evolving meta for an existing game and trying to ascertain the meta of a completely new game I'd imagine. Meanwhile the former smash 4 players are on their 2nd or 3rd time of doing something like this

Nov 4, 2017
Something I liked in old smash games was the description of trophies.

Is there something like that for stickers? Couldn't find out.

Also, why no home run contest and target practice? :(

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Something I liked in old smash games was the description of trophies.

Is there something like that for stickers? Couldn't find out.

Also, why no home run contest and target practice? :(
Spirits have no descriptions (beyond the game series they come from)
You can likely blame that, and the lack of other things like HRC & targets, on needing to focus on other aspects of development.

There are some HRC leftovers in the code so some people hope it'll be added in a future update, but we'll need to wait & see if that ever happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.