• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blizzink

Oct 27, 2017
Did Nintendo ever explain why they went with more muted colors this time around? I didn't really notice until I saw the Smash wiki mention the color changes in pretty much every character's entry.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Does anyone know if there are some good custom Miis somewhere on the internet to use for the new costumes? All of Smash 4 costumes have official Mii designs available on the official website, but I want to have decent looking designs for characters like Lip, Rex, Nia, Ray, Vince and Isaac.

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to upload your saved replays that sites like Twitter or YouTube?

The only way so far is to remove your save card from the Switch and plug into your computer and upload it. Its pretty dumb and a pain in the ass imo. Hopefully they patch in an upload feature at some point.

*edit... Especially now that the Nintendo Creators program on Youtube has been cancelled.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
I can't find the last spirit on the map.
This sucks. I've looked all over and I can't find it.
I've starred all dungeons too
I've heard around here that some people had dungeons star prematurely. Might want to take a trip through them again one more time, just to be sure.
also doubles as a world tour triple check, i suppose!

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
it sucks that there's no way to grab or share miis with people
Yeah, it seems like a pretty big oversight. The only way to do it currently would be to design Mii on a 3DS or Wii U and share a QR code with people; then they could scan it onto their system, tie it to an amiibo and then scan that amiibo on their Switch in order to transfer it.

WAY too complicated.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'm really starting to miss trophies. Spirits are cool and all, but the trophies were a super cool model viewer that I could just kind of relax and read all of the descriptions. Plus, it was a lot of fun to grab them during the matches. Their exclusion is the one thing that makes this game feel not quite "Ultimate" to me.

Oct 25, 2017
Question about the last boss
Is there any way to cheese Dharkon/Galeem? I'm playing the solo fights on hard, and while I barely beat Dharkon, I still have yet to beat Galeem. Whenever he summons the exploding minions I basically get boned, as they knock me into whatever bullshit he throws out next like the waves or lasers. I've just been using Marth + Soma + Celebi, is there an easier way?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way to cheese Dharkon/Galeem? I'm playing the solo fights on hard, and while I barely beat Dharkon, I still have yet to beat Galeem. Whenever he summons the exploding minions I basically get boned, as they knock me into whatever bullshit he throws out next like the waves or lasers. I've just been using Marth + Soma + Celebi, is there an easier way?

Axes. Axes for days.

Also just run away from the minions. They'll attack each other if they're not close to you.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really starting to miss trophies. Spirits are cool and all, but the trophies were a super cool model viewer that I could just kind of relax and read all of the descriptions. Plus, it was a lot of fun to grab them during the matches. Their exclusion is the one thing that makes this game feel not quite "Ultimate" to me.
I do wish there was a blurb for the spirits, at least. There's almost 1300 of them so I can see why they would put that time to literally anywhere else (tips and the help guide seem a bit meatier....) but still. Especially for the more obscure spirits. Obscure trophies ssort of faded over time but there feel way more obscure spirits this time around.

Same.

Yeah. Forgot how missing the Mii Fighter sharing feature was in Smash 3DS/Wii U until I tried to find a way to export my created Miis.
I could see being able to share them on that upcoming Smash World service, maybe? Might just be a place to host videos and screenshots though....
There's not even a system-level ability to share though, which sucks.

MonkeySleeve

Nov 15, 2017
Just a little rant; I really dislike how when you dodge roll(shield + stick direction) that my character turns around. Most of the time i want to dodge roll towards someone to gap the distance but i always end up with my back to hem...

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Could someone confirm a few spirits for me?
#96 (not sure if its paper peach or enhanced paper bowser)
#519 (probably sky shaymin, enhanced shaymin?)
#789 (super shadow, enhanced shadow?)

i'd like to know their rarity and if they're a summon or not. I think at this point I have everyone visible in the summoning board but doesnt hurt to check

Jeeves

Nov 21, 2017
Smash 4's remix of Gear Getaway is still my favorite song in this game, buuut I keep turning up the My Music frequency for Crocodile Cacophony. Very strong remix!

Okamiden

Oct 25, 2017
I have a big problem with changing direction and using Up B to get back to stages. In smash 4, if I wanted to up B towards stage, even if I was facing the wrong way before using it, the character just turned around at the slightest tilt of the stick towards the stage (I used the gamepad). But here, I have to exaggerate and press the stick way too hard towards the stage or else I look like an idiot and use up B in the wrong direction (like with chrom's up B). It's quite frustrating when trying to edge guard. I did turn the stick sensitivty to max too. Did they change it or am I just having a hard time because I play in handheld mode and the joycons just suck that much?

Anyways, I made it to Elite smash somehow the other day. Considering I can't even Up B in the right direction, it's a small miracle. Got completely destroyed there, it was brutal.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
The lag is just unreal online. I can't put up with it anymore. People playing on public wifi or something. It's probably the worst I've seen in an online game.

Even imperceptible lag to a viewer is there, because inputs always seem to be delayed by a fraction of a second, which is huge.

So frustrating.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Just use Olimar. He obliterates the health meter of all the bosses. A single f-air can take off like 10%.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got to use the music player. Already it's annoyingly easy to hit the triggers to fast forward or rewind when in my bag. But there's Super Sonic Racing!!!

Brannon

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, Mii Swordfighter has a neutral B move that throws a shuriken, let's see what that's like.

...let the harassment campaign commence.

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Man I should have dropped down to easy for this later game World of Light stuff sooner. I suck and that at least takes some of the salt out of it. Finally got passed Galeem after dropping it down. Also finally got the damn Geno spirit, though that still took me like 10 tries even on easy. Did I mention I suck?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Man I should have dropped down to easy for this later game World of Light stuff sooner. I suck and that at least takes some of the salt out of it. Finally got passed Galeem after dropping it down. Also finally got the damn Geno spirit, though that still took me like 10 tries even on easy. Did I mention I suck?

Who were you using? Galeem's difficulty varies a lot depending on who you play as.

And don't worry, Geno's hard for everybody.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
It's alright. Not everyone can 100% WoL without spirits on hard like M2K can.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
Could someone confirm a few spirits for me?
#96 (not sure if its paper peach or enhanced paper bowser)
#519 (probably sky shaymin, enhanced shaymin?)
#789 (super shadow, enhanced shadow?)

i'd like to know their rarity and if they're a summon or not. I think at this point I have everyone visible in the summoning board but doesnt hurt to check

96 - evolved Paper Bowser
519 - evolved Shaymin
640 - Deirdre (don't remember where this spirit is from. Not a summon.)
646 - evolved Lyn
789 - evolved Shadow

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
So I've surprisingly started to main as Ridley (I love Metroid but assumed he'd be more of a novelty), but I'm seeing he's ranked pretty low in tier lists.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm at 99.34% for World of Light upon finishing it with True Ending. I as far as I know swept each map multiple times and cleared every node. I'm...not sure what I'm missing?

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Who were you using? Galeem's difficulty varies a lot depending on who you play as.

And don't worry, Geno's hard for everybody.

Zero Suit Samus. The tried Mario for a bunch of attempts after reading he was one of the easier ones.

It's mostly just that I hate learning boss patterns and being patient in those type of fights.

It's alright. Not everyone can 100% WoL without spirits on hard like M2K can.

Damn. That's crazy. I have no delusions if every getting decent at this. Still can't come close to beating Legend spirits on the board even on easy so that's probably where my scrub ass belongs. 😀

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Starting to enjoy game more after switching away from artists moving to the GOAT controller.

Xbox One Elite

Much easier to juggle the tilts on right stick and still hit my buttons without clawing.

WoL is still trash though.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
96 - evolved Paper Bowser
519 - evolved Shaymin
640 - Deirdre (don't remember where this spirit is from. Not a summon.)
646 - evolved Lyn
789 - evolved Shadow
Huh evolved Lyn? Guess it's using her awakening artwork then.

Anyway thanks. Discounting Deirdre (who I just got) & spare summoning materials, I need only 7 more characters from the Spirit Board. All of them are Aces...so of course now is when the spirit board is going "okay start shuffling my dude". Was really good for a while!

The other 56 are all summons or enhancements. Finish line is in sight!

Exodus 1831

Oct 25, 2018
The only way so far is to remove your save card from the Switch and plug into your computer and upload it. Its pretty dumb and a pain in the ass imo. Hopefully they patch in an upload feature at some point.

*edit... Especially now that the Nintendo Creators program on Youtube has been cancelled.

That's what I feared 😓 thank you!

'3y Kingdom

Oct 27, 2017
So I've surprisingly started to main as Ridley (I love Metroid but assumed he'd be more of a novelty), but I'm seeing he's ranked pretty low in tier lists.
His recovery is pretty terrible, to be fair. He should really have an extra jump or the option to tilt his recovery diagonally. Besides that he's great, though. Gotta love skewering people with the down+b move.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thinking of switching up my mains. Inkling is definitely staying but I can't get the hang of Ness/Lucas at all, while I feel that my zoning approach to Toon Link is better suited to Young Link.

I want to give Wolf a shot as he was my Brawl main but his recovery sucks. Maybe Falco or Fox instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.