• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus. This 9-volt & 18-volt fight with the sheriff assist trophy is still a pain in the dick on easy.

Noping the fuck out of that one again.

I used a metal form spirit(Xenoblade girl is one) which mitigates the insane impact of the sheriff bullets and allows you to get in close and take him out ASAP(equip an 'assist trophy killer' spirit to make very quick work of him too if needed).

Once sheriff is gone, it's pretty easy. You can even use the Galaga ships to help kill off 9v and 18v. But your priority is sheriff at the start.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I had a lot of fun with World Of Light although it definitely drags in the middle. The last third is excellent though, particularly the maps.

Wolf is a lot of fun but his recovery is terribad.

I mained Wolf in Brawl but in Ultimate he's kinda ehhhh I dunno. His moves just feel weird to me. And the new f-smash is a crime.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I actually had them but used them to summon before I reached another bridge so I didn't see that.
According to the ingame tips, the WoL shops will sell you spirits if you get blocked. I assume this only happenbs if you get rid of all spirits pertaining to the road block & dont otherwise have access to them

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Our next spirit board event will be Fire Emblem!

Guess I'll hold off on using all my items hunting for Lyn, she's bound to be in either this weeks or the next.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had a lot of fun with World Of Light although it definitely drags in the middle. The last third is excellent though, particularly the maps.

I mained Wolf in Brawl but in Ultimate he's kinda ehhhh I dunno. His moves just feel weird to me. And the new f-smash is a crime.

I also mained Wolf in Brawl (insomuch as I mained anyone) and I love how he plays, but he seriously needs like a 1.25-1.5x increase on his Up-B.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
this is so stupid

I see Stork, Parachute, Warp Star, and Bloom Coach marked new in the shops right now, yet Spirit Board refuses to give me anything new at all

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Our next spirit board event will be Fire Emblem!

Guess I'll hold off on using all my items hunting for Lyn, she's bound to be in either this weeks or the next.

I appreciate the idea of these, but I already have almost all of the spirits.

Once I get all of them, these little events will be super pointless.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Goddamn it, someone disconnected from our match during a Sudden Death and now i'm banned for 45 minutes. Thanks Nintendo.

Anyway, those Spirit Board events are cool, but I just got every spirit yesterday so I don't really need them at all.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the Let's Go spirits going public will be saved & introduced for a pokemon weekend
That'd be nice. 2 spirits get added to the pool and you get a weekened of increased chances to get them.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I wonder if the Let's Go spirits going public will be saved & introduced for a pokemon weekend
That'd be nice. 2 spirits get added to the pool and you get a weekened of increased chances to get them.
I wouldn't be surprised if they do that. Maybe they'll do a Mario Spin-Offs weekend when the Super Mario Party spirits are revealed/released?

moeman

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god this stamina battle to defeat ZSS for The Boss spirit. This CPU is on some next level shit lmao.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Palutena is the last character I need to unlock.
She's kicked my ass twice, and god her stage is too damn big!

Also my struggle at 1.3 is like I get there, then I only see Chrom, Roy, Wolf, or Pichu @_@
Each I struggle with (as Zelda)

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
I used a metal form spirit(Xenoblade girl is one) which mitigates the insane impact of the sheriff bullets and allows you to get in close and take him out ASAP(equip an 'assist trophy killer' spirit to make very quick work of him too if needed).

Once sheriff is gone, it's pretty easy. You can even use the Galaga ships to help kill off 9v and 18v. But your priority is sheriff at the start.

Thanks! Finally beat the bastards. Think I have the light world stuff all done now.

Baby Bird

Nov 5, 2017
dude....DUDE... I was having issues short hopping + aerial consistently, and I just had the revelation that if I press A+X together I can easily and consistently do it. I've played all Smash games since 64, how the hell did I never notice this?

Oh my god this stamina battle to defeat ZSS for The Boss spirit. This CPU is on some next level shit lmao.

Once again, PK Starstorm saved my ass in that fight! Lucas has been some next level shit in WoL so far for me, easily the best character.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Here's my DLC prediction that will definitely come true: after Erdrick is revealed as the Square Enix rep, they'll also reveal Geno, Sora, Crono, Neku and Slime as Mii Costumes and/or hats.

And everyone will be mad.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I've surprisingly started to main as Ridley (I love Metroid but assumed he'd be more of a novelty), but I'm seeing he's ranked pretty low in tier lists.
He's not bad but he's not super good either. Big hurt box for medium weight, bad and predictable recovery, it's easy to mash out of his side B, and he only has one really good aireal attack.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus, selling a Lv. 99 Legend only nets you 4000 SP

So much for my idea to farm dupes and leave them in the Gym

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Oh guess I didnt need to wait for the event anyway, Lyn just showed up after checking on the baord before powering off.

Only Mega Lucario is left then its summon & enhancements for days

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Wolf has no air game right? Keep him in the center of the arena at all times.

moeman

Oct 25, 2017
dude....DUDE... I was having issues short hopping + aerial consistently, and I just had the revelation that if I press A+X together I can easily and consistently do it. I've played all Smash games since 64, how the hell did I never notice this?

Once again, PK Starstorm saved my ass in that fight! Lucas has been some next level shit in WoL so far for me, easily the best character.

Dang ok I'll have to wait until I get him lol. So far don't have either of the EB chars in WoL. Thanks for the tip!

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Help me come up with a move set for a hypothetical RE4 Merchant DLC character.

Forward B: what are you buying?
Neutral B: what are you selling?
Up B: Stranger!

I'm out of ideas.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
Figured out a super easy way to cheese that "beat a lvl 9 CPU with 2 or more stock remaining" challenge. Set Items to High, Gust Bellows only, and blew Little Mac off Final Destination 3 times in 20 seconds lol

Heh. I just went as Simon against Little Mac and spammed projectiles. Same thing with the 300% handicap achievements.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Figured out a super easy way to cheese that "beat a lvl 9 CPU with 2 or more stock remaining" challenge. Set Items to High, Gust Bellows only, and blew Little Mac off Final Destination 3 times in 20 seconds lol
I used a walk off stage and threw them away when they got near, along with a myriad of useful items

The fact they didn't forbid the use of items is very useful and I wonder if I can use Pitfalls to get the meteor ko challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.