• Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Guests should now be able to save their dark or light theme preferences, found on the left sidebar.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate |OT| Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I got the game digitally yesterday, though, and already pre-loaded it. And I just checked my Nintendo Account page and the 300 gold coins are already there, but nothing about the Piranha Plant code.
The Piranha Plant code is a separate e-mail distributed by Nintendo's promotional team. I got mine sent to me a day or two after I prebought the game digitally. It got caught in my G-mail's promotional mail filter, so my guess is a lot of mail programs think the promo code e-mail is an ad and block it. Check your spam filter too.

You should get online when it come out so we can play
Eh. No interest in paying for another online sub.

Oct 26, 2017
Sooo I failed to secure a special edition with the controller and adapter. So all I can do now is try to snatch one at launch day, which might be difficult because none are selling the special edition directly. None of my nearby retailers sell the damn adapter speerately either. Have to check tomorrow if the biggest one in the city does. If not I'm fucked lol...

Nov 5, 2017
The Piranha Plant code is a separate e-mail distributed by Nintendo's promotional team. I got mine sent to me a day or two after I prebought the game digitally. It got caught in my G-mail's promotional mail filter, so my guess is a lot of mail programs think the promo code e-mail is an ad and block it. Check your spam filter too.
Hmm, I guess since I purchased the game yesterday, I'm yet to receive the code. There is nothing in my promotions tab and neither on my spam as well, but since it is not instant, perhaps I'll receive it soon enough.

On a related note, was the version without the DLC pass eligible for 600 Gold Coins? I just checked and I only got 300.

Oct 25, 2017
Echoes was fine.

But the mediocre gameplay got old really fast. It became a drag to play. And the dungeons were a cool idea but man were they poorly done, the last few made me want to drop the game.

The music tho is fantastic. Couldn’t believe they beat Fates right away. Goes to show how amazing the NES soundtrack was. There’s a binding Blade song in smash and it’s fantastic. I’m looking forward to Roy’s game being remade. I think he Smash seniority is gonna help that game a lot lol
I mean it helps in the case of Twilight of the Gods how much they have expanded on the tracks themselves to help elevate them. The NES tracks are pretty much the base

Oct 25, 2017

Eh. No interest in paying for another online sub.
We can both do it and pay $10

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I guess since I purchased the game yesterday, I'm yet to receive the code. There is nothing in my promotions tab and neither on my spam as well, but since it is not instant, perhaps I'll receive it soon enough.

On a related note, was the version without the DLC pass eligible for 600 Gold Coins? I just checked and I only got 300.
Yeah, if you just bought it yesterday it might not get to you until today or tomorrow. Took me two days to get mine.

I think we get the bonus coins when the game actually comes out. So they should be delivered on Friday.

Oct 25, 2017
I know this -might- seem like a stupid question but is it recommended to watch the cutscenes from Subspace Emmisary before going into this Smash? I'm kinda a newcomer and it seemed like that was the last story-mode for Smash.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I know this -might- seem like a stupid question but is it recommended to watch the cutscenes from Subspace Emmisary before going into this Smash? I'm kinda a newcomer and it seemed like that was the last story-mode for Smash.
It doesn't really matter. There's no connection between the two. You can watch them if you want, but they really don't say much.

Oct 25, 2017
Which region switching method is fastest for getting the game early? Asking for a friend forreal lol. He wants to play early but I have work tomorrow and then want to watch TGA and eat so I can wait for it to unlock.

Oct 28, 2017
There isn’t much story to Ultimate’s single player mode. It’s purely gameplay focused. It’s going to be quite different to Subspace, and in fact is not connected to Subspace in any way.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure they got atleast one character come on now
They've probably made progress on one, but I imagine the marketing plan for the characters wouldn't make sense to announce one now. Piranha Plant won't even be out for around two months, and the first paid character won't be out until after that. It makes no sense to have character 1 announced NOW when they won't be available until April or May. Better to wait until it's closer to release.

Oct 28, 2017
My Mom and Pop shop posted on Facebook that they are getting a 20 calls a minute inquiring about Smash and to calm down.

I already have it pre-ordered digitally but the GF said if they get it in I can pick it up as her copy. Fingers crossed I be smashing tonight.

Oct 25, 2017
They've probably made progress on one, but I imagine the marketing plan for the characters wouldn't make sense to announce one now. Piranha Plant won't even be out for around two months, and the first paid character won't be out until after that. It makes no sense to have character 1 announced NOW when they won't be available until April or May. Better to wait until it's closer to release.
You really do not know anything do you? Thats how it was for smash 4