• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Made an arena 1v1 with items

Arena name: resetERA
Password: 333
My switch name: Derek

Will disband in 5 mins if no one shows

Edit: disbanded, made a new one without password

Last edited:

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Right, we probably passed the divergent point in the timeline where he actually made it into Ultimate and now it'll just never happen in our continuity.

But it's still a non-zero chance!
The divergent point was all the way back in 2013/2014 when they decided to not make him a clone in Smash 4; now Alph's future is doomed forever.

Just think about the sick alt colors (for both captains) we're missing out on in this timeline! Sigh...

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just lost 10 matches in a row including to the same Chrom twice so there goes my good mood.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Is the Pikmin series still alive enough to even justify Olimar in the next Smash?
At the time of Brawl, Pikmin 2 was 3 years old, Pikmin 3 would not be released until 2013 and the budget NPC re-release would not hit Japan until the end of december 2008, a year after brawl was supposed to launch to begin with.

Olimar will survive just fine, especially if we get more side content like the Pikmin cg shorts and side games like Hey Pikmin

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Can't find Shadow the Hedgehog anywhere. I'm only missing Let's Go Pikachu, Shadow, and the spirit after Shadow (Super Shadow? Shadow with Guns?)

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Relevance doesn't matter for veterans, Captain Falcon and the Mother kids are still here after all.

Regardless; Pikmin 4 has been in development for years, so yes, Pikmin will be alive enough.
at the rate they develop (mainline) Pikmin games Pikmin 4 will come out with "Super Smash Bros", the reboot

May 30, 2018
Honestly I don't think relevance is important for characters that already made it in

Besides I just associate dead characters with Smash anyway, like Falcon Ness Pit
They may as well be Smash original characters

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
Why is it that the Smash community is so obsessed with cuts even after Sakurai gave us a game where literally "Everyone is Here". If there's cuts next time due to a new engine or whatever, welp whatever, but I think speculating at this point especially when Ultimate was just released is dumb and pointless.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Why is it that the Smash community is so obsessed with cuts even after Sakurai gave us a game where literally "Everyone is Here". If there's cuts next time due to a new engine or whatever, welp whatever, but I think speculating at this point especially when Ultimate was just released is dumb and pointless.

People have been screaming for Puff to be cut for years and it makes no sense. Really its only the third parties and some of the echoes that could be rolled into regular characters that need to ever worry about.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
All speculation is dumb and pointless.

Let people talk about stuff.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Pauline spirit battle reduced from one of the top hardest to easiest.

All that time I wasted and I could've just equipped cupid spirit. ;_;

Now to get Viridi spirit for metal killer and to take on the Dr Wily battle with Ness abusing his shield to absorb bullets to heal.

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
All speculation is dumb and pointless.

Let people talk about stuff.

Of course.

I think speculating about stuff is fine and all, especially DLC, but it's just weird talking about cuts when we aren't even in the "pre-release" cycle of an oncoming Smash game at the moment. It just feels overly obsessive.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Hey! Pikmin counts.

Let's not pretend that some would like a F-Zero spinoff as well. Anything really to see the series return.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Of course.

I think speculating about stuff is fine and all, especially DLC, but it's just weird talking about cuts when we aren't even in the "pre-release" cycle of an oncoming Smash game at the moment. It just feels overly obsessive.
I feel the same way. Talking about cuts isn't even a fun topic; it's like the most downer conversation topic that can some up in Smash speculation, and it shouldn't even be a topic yet. Ultimate is still (kinda) fresh, so just enjoy 'Everyone is Here' while it's here.

Let's not pretend that some would like a F-Zero spinoff as well. Anything really to see the series return.
Still waiting for the PlatinumGames Captain Falcon character action game.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I'm a bit aggressive on this particular point, because there's a lot of anger about discussing it and a lot of people eager to shut down any such discussions, regardless of context.

But cuts happen. It's a point worth talking about. Smash Ultimate is probably a once in a lifetime opportunity, and we'll never see everyone back again. Nobody's getting hurt by talking about how unlikely it'll be to see Young Link and Toon Link show up side by side again. Just because Smash Ultimate is here now doesn't mean that we shouldn't ignore how Sakurai also said this is probably never going to happen again.

If we can entertain nonsense like Grinch, we can entertain nonsense like Jigglypuff getting the axe.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
statistically speaking the most likely character to get cut in any new Smash is a Pokemon

they're all sweating

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
I feel the same way. Talking about cuts isn't even a fun topic; it's like the most downer conversation topic that can some up in Smash speculation, and it shouldn't even be a topic yet. Just enjoy 'Everyone is Here' while it's here.

And I just don't personally feel the conversation is interesting on top of that.

"Will they cut out characters in the next Smash?"

"Yeah probably" is pretty much the end of it lol. It's also just too far out that we don't know what will be relevant then.

I'm a bit aggressive on this particular point, because there's a lot of anger about discussing it and a lot of people eager to shut down any such discussions, regardless of context.

But cuts happen. It's a point worth talking about. Smash Ultimate is probably a once in a lifetime opportunity, and we'll never see everyone back again. Nobody's getting hurt by talking about how unlikely it'll be to see Young Link and Toon Link show up side by side again. Just because Smash Ultimate is here now doesn't mean that we shouldn't ignore how Sakurai also said this is probably never going to happen again.

If we can entertain nonsense like Grinch, we can entertain nonsense like Jigglypuff getting the axe.
I just think the speculation is just too early at this moment is all. It's just way too early to predict stuff without going on in circles. I wouldn't have been able to predict Fire Emblem would be that huge by the time Smash 4 came out for example around Brawl's release.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Idk, around 2.4m GSP the Lucas/Ness I fight have been a headache lol. I don't think they need any buffs lmao.

I might even pick up Lucas for real. Only problem is he plays nothing like I typically play

I've had my FSmash interrupted by other Smash attacks charged after so yeah, I kinda think he does.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
=
I feel the same way. Talking about cuts isn't even a fun topic; it's like the most downer conversation topic that can some up in Smash speculation, and it shouldn't even be a topic yet. Ultimate is still (kinda) fresh, so just enjoy 'Everyone is Here' while it's here.

Still waiting for the PlatinumGames Captain Falcon character action game.
From Everyone is Here to release you could not avoid cut discussion, i twas kind of ridiculous

the people have spoken, sakurai. they want cuts. No One Is Here

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I just think the speculation is just too early at this moment is all. It's just way too early to predict stuff without going on in circles. I wouldn't have been able to predict Fire Emblem would be that huge by the time Smash 4 came out for example around Brawl's release.
Nobody can accurately predict the DLC either, all we can do is keep throwing around our made up rules that'll get broken by the next character announcement.

I don't mean to be overly aggressive to you, but the immediate vitriol toward the very idea tends to drown out the actual conversation and it's almost worse than someone trying to discuss it. Like yeah, it's dumb to say someone should be cut after we got Everyone is Here, but it shouldn't be the end of the world to say something like "it's too bad we'll never see Ice Climbers again"

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mean to be overly aggressive to you, but the immediate vitriol toward the very idea tends to drown out the actual conversation and it's almost worse than someone trying to discuss it.

Eh, whatever you want to think I suppose. Enjoy your discussion, I'm just gonna not worry about it until the time comes is all I'm really saying. I personally don't find it interesting so I'll stay out of it.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
30 matches now and I've won 2. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I've been getting bodied constantly despite playing the exact same as I was earlier. It feels like my controller only works half the time and I only run into the characters that give me a hard time.

PK Gaming

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
30 matches now and I've won 2. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I've been getting bodied constantly despite playing the exact same as I was earlier. It feels like my controller only works half the time and I only run into the characters that give me a hard time.

Find someone who's around your skill level and grind matches against.

It doesn't matter if you lose 30 or a 100 times, just focus on getting better and improving on your faults as a player.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Mii Brawler's suplex move is one of the most fun specials in the game. It is so fun to chase people's rolls, landings, and get-ups with it. Getting a bunch in a row, back and forth, is addicting. One of the coolest looking strings if is you can get down-throw -> air suplex.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I like how in the Midwest Mayhem tourney two out of the top 3 are the Japanese player.
On the other hand it looks like a Snake will make Grand Finals.

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
Ness and Lucas are very stong characters.

Actually most of the game is very strong and it will be hard to buff characters of the chance that they might get broken.

Except Bowser jr. that character is imo the worst character in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.