• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
So I just opened my new copy I got for christmas for the first time, and the fucking Music keeps skipping...

Doesn't matter if I restart or anything keeps skipping.

This happen to anyone else?

I've never heard of this ever before. Are you positive that's happening? Turn up the music in the options settings all the way and turn everything else down all the way to be sure. FYI when someone gets knocked out and the crowd cheers it's so loud and might be drowning out your music channel on whatever speaker/tv speaker you're listening to. Unfortunately that sound effect isn't controllable.

YellowBara

Oct 26, 2017
How's the pro controller with the game? + Can I connect more the one on a single console?

Awesome actually! Feels super comfortable and is the only way I wanna play it. I'm very happy to be able to leave the awful Gamecube controllerin the past where it belongs.

You can connect up to 8 I believe? I've only ever connected 3 max though.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Of course.

I think speculating about stuff is fine and all, especially DLC, but it's just weird talking about cuts when we aren't even in the "pre-release" cycle of an oncoming Smash game at the moment. It just feels overly obsessive.

That's why im not really participating in some smash discussions becauseits either people with thier dumbly obsession with the cuts or entitled smash fans.

Also I prefer to focus on the game since it's out so that's also other reason why I'm inactive too.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Going to try and work up to Elite with all characters. Lets me get some variation and not get bored of just using my Mii Sword main but also get a better understanding of how characters work.

Just finished Dr. Mario and damn, he was fun. Possible future secondary. He used to be my secondary in Melee too and this brought back memories. Landing a hit has the same feel as with a heavy like Ganondorf which is fun. Recovery absolutely awful but ah well.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a bit aggressive on this particular point, because there's a lot of anger about discussing it and a lot of people eager to shut down any such discussions, regardless of context.

But cuts happen. It's a point worth talking about. Smash Ultimate is probably a once in a lifetime opportunity, and we'll never see everyone back again. Nobody's getting hurt by talking about how unlikely it'll be to see Young Link and Toon Link show up side by side again. Just because Smash Ultimate is here now doesn't mean that we shouldn't ignore how Sakurai also said this is probably never going to happen again.

If we can entertain nonsense like Grinch, we can entertain nonsense like Jigglypuff getting the axe.

Then take that to Smash Community OT if you want to discuss about Smash 7.

This thread is for Ultimate and it's dlc.

So what's the point of NG+ for WoL?

I don't know if wanna relive that marathon lol.

If you want to collect every single spirits then you have to do that since it's only way to get Marc and Dracula spirits. Also some people need to complete the adventure skill challenge.

Last edited:

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Then take that to Smash Community OT if you want to discuss about Smash 7.

This thread is for Ultimate and it's dlc.
The question had come up if Olimar was relevant enough to stay in, and people were already getting aggressive about no cut discussion. It's kinda my point.

Nobody is instigating discussion about cutting characters from the existing game. Everyone is happy about everyone being here. Hypotheticals about the state of Nintendo's franchises don't take away from that, there's no need to police that discussion.

RomanceDawn

Teacher of Superheroines
Oct 29, 2017
Los Angeles
Is it just me or does half the roster never get selected when it comes to 1v1 online matches? Weirdly enough I don't think i've ever come across a Simon or a Richter, despite them being newcomers.

Yeah some characters it seems like just never see the light of day. After 120 hours of play time I finally played a Wario today and this dude was epic! Only gave me 2 matches though the bum. Finally got to play a Bowser Jr yesterday and he/she also mopped the floor with me. Didn't even give me a 2nd chance the apple hole.

I see Roy and Pichu by far the most. I see a decent amount of Ridley, DK, K Rool and Snake but it's like man when am I ever going to face Fox of all people?

Why is the online in this game still utterly unplayable

I honestly think it's you. At home in Los Angeles I'm wired and generally have great connections until my kids all collectively jump on their devices.

I've been playing for a week at my in laws in Toronto, wifi only with a router somewhere down in the basement. Sometimes I stream iheart radio while I play with no problems. Once all the kids and my wife get to watching youtube videos thats when my connection chugs along. However when they are clear of the internet my connections are super duper smooth.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I got bored and did an 8 person tourney with Level 9 CPU custom Mii characters. It turns out, those matchups are all based on who has the best recovery and ledge guarding. That's it. They are kind of lame to watch, as they dance around each other and the neutral game comes down to who just throws out the biggest hitboxes. Which is usually the Mii Gunner.

All the Swords and Gunners beat the Brawlers. And then the Gunners beat the Swords pretty handily. Ray Mk III won the whole thing.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I just went onto random online battles for the first time as Ridley... except I selected the Meta-Ridley alt and when the battle started I was vanilla Ridley.

This happen to anyone else?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
So, did we ever figure out why the Zero Assist Trophy is called "Zero (Mega Man)"? The only other Zero in the game is Zero from MGS3, but he's a spirit, so I don't know why that would affect an Assist Trophy's name.

Are there any other Zeros that could have been Assist Trophies at one point/could be in the future (if the DLC characters get them; but I wouldn't count on that). Maybe Zero from Kirby?

ChristopherDX

Banned
May 8, 2018
I do not like this world of light....Adventure mode was simple and so fun having your characters explore an extended level and themes of the world then fight at the end.

This feels so bloated and tacky (runs from final smashes)

The gameplay and graphics are TOP notch amazing

Graefellsom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
GSP is still confusing to me. Played four 4 player matches just now, mostly against the same people. Came second, gained 20,000 exp, came first, gained 10,000, came third, lost 30,000.. came first again and gained 100,000

Maybe my brain is just malfunctioning. and I still don't know why I care about gsp on my main.

Oct 29, 2017
Did anyone else have a really tough time beating Funky Kong on world of light?

I was on normal difficulty and took me an hour before I decided to give up with my main and cheese it with Little Mac and OP spirits.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
So, did we ever figure out why the Zero Assist Trophy is called "Zero (Mega Man)"? The only other Zero in the game is Zero from MGS3, but he's a spirit, so I don't know why that would affect an Assist Trophy's name.

Are there any other Zeros that could have been Assist Trophies at one point/could be in the future (if the DLC characters get them; but I wouldn't count on that). Maybe Zero from Kirby?
Even if the only other instance is as a spirit, they probably just wanted to cover all their bases.
I doubt there were ever any plans for, like, Zero from Kirby's Dream Land 3 showing up. Or MGS3 zero as an assist.
Or, who knows, maybe Capcom was like "hey, make sure you state this is from mega man"

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
With your first play through so you would earn Marx and Dracula spirits but both spirits can be evolved so when you evolved them then you would need to collect them again to have a perfect collection so that would take second play through to get them again.

Oh, but they'll still be recorded though right

Mitsurugi

Alt-account
Dec 11, 2018
It's excellent and the main controller I use now.
And yes, you can connect up to 8 if you had that many.
Awesome actually! Feels super comfortable and is the only way I wanna play it. I'm very happy to be able to leave the awful Gamecube controllerin the past where it belongs.

You can connect up to 8 I believe? I've only ever connected 3 max though.
This is exactly what I wanted to read thank you! Time to let the GC controller rip

Bloxx Chain

Mar 19, 2018
GSP is still confusing to me. Played four 4 player matches just now, mostly against the same people. Came second, gained 20,000 exp, came first, gained 10,000, came third, lost 30,000.. came first again and gained 100,000

Maybe my brain is just malfunctioning. and I still don't know why I care about gsp on my main.

This maybe totally anecdotal but in my experience it depends on the gsp of the players in the match. I won a match against players that were below my gsp and I didn't go up any at all. On the other end when I get into matches where I am the lowest gsp and I win, my gsp goes up the most.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I finally finished World of Light and got the true ending...eh outside of the final boss fight being interesting, the whole mode was just boring to play, went on for far too long and I was trying to skip a lot of the spirits as possible.

It's also dumb how the option to change the menu music is locked behind that mode, hence the only sole reason why I even did it.

Ah well that's now over and I can now focus on Classic mode, curious to see how this stacks up compare to Smash 4.

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
The question had come up if Olimar was relevant enough to stay in, and people were already getting aggressive about no cut discussion. It's kinda my point.

Nobody is instigating discussion about cutting characters from the existing game. Everyone is happy about everyone being here. Hypotheticals about the state of Nintendo's franchises don't take away from that, there's no need to police that discussion.

Just make your own topic about Smash's future if you care about it that passionately.

I finally finished World of Light and got the true ending...eh outside of the final boss fight being interesting, the whole mode was just boring to play, went on for far too long and I was trying to skip a lot of the spirits as possible.

It's also dumb how the option to change the menu music is locked behind that mode, hence the only sole reason why I even did it.

Ah well that's now over and I can now focus on Classic mode, curious to see how this stacks up compare to Smash 4.

The menu themes are awfully restrictive. Why can't I use the SF2 character select or Smash 64's menu themes?

Graefellsom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
This maybe totally anecdotal but in my experience it depends on the gsp of the players in the match. I won a match against players that were below my gsp and I didn't go up any at all. On the other end when I get into matches where I am the lowest gsp and I win, my gsp goes up the most.

Thank you for the reply! I've wondered this myself but other times (I think) I've noticed sometimes losing against a much higher level player murders my gsp while beating a higher level player does nothing much.

Though I feel my shoddy memory is also anecdotal.

Edit. Just lost 200,000 gsp against a player with 1.5 million more than me.

Last edited:

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Just make your own topic about Smash's future if you care about it that passionately.
Last thing I'm going to say on this, because I'm tired of how easily the same suspects try and misconstrue the discussion.

Conversation had organically moved to a place where someone had mentioned Pikmin not getting representation in the future. People came out of the woodwork to trash discussion about cutting characters rather than the actual conversation.

I am not interested in discussing cutting characters with no provocation, everyone is here. But the policing around the subject is completely unnecessary.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't want to give up on my Smash 4 main (Rosalina) but she's just not great now. Luma dies so fast, he's always falling off the stage, all her kill moves got nerfed. It's hard to play her now.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
my main issue with Shulk is that they spread his eyes too far apart

qWoT5BV.png

he was such a handsome lad on the Wii U, and now they've gone and ruined him

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Also too does anyone agree cut the spirit system?

I don't use Spirits for multiplayer and most likely never will, but they offer a wonderful RPG like experience for single player. The one improvement I'd love would be to add a little blurb about the Spirit itself quite like Trophy descriptions so people wouldn't have to google the ones they don't know about. But regardless, heck no don't cut the Spirit system.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand how the online matchmaking system works. Why am I constantly being matched against people who are like ten times my GSP? It's not even remotely a fair fight, it's like playing against a professional esports player.

ADS

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand how the online matchmaking system works. Why am I constantly being matched against people who are like ten times my GSP? It's not even remotely a fair fight, it's like playing against a professional esports player.

Out of curiosity what's your GSP? I've found I get matched pretty evenly but I'm at like ~40k (I'm bad).

I have noticed however that if you want to get free GSP just change your settings over to prefer 4 way FFAs+items, folks there are *terrible* compared to the pool looking for 1v1s. I really wish 1v1 was a separate ranking system. Strangely I've also noticed folks looking for battlefield stages are a lot better than folks looking for omega stages but that may be in my head...

Bloxx Chain

Mar 19, 2018
Thank you for the reply! I've wondered this myself but other times (I think) I've noticed sometimes losing against a much higher level player murders my gsp while beating a higher level player does nothing much.

Though I feel my shoddy memory is also anecdotal.

Edit. Just lost 200,000 gsp against a player with 1.5 million more than me.

Damn that's a big drop... yea there is definitely some other deciding factors then

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've hit 2.3-2.4 million GSP and still no Elite status. Dang I wonder what number I have to hit to finally reach it.

Status
Not open for further replies.