• iOS/Safari issues when launching the site from mobile home screens should now be fixed! A2HS button compatibility on Android Firefox has also been fixed! Add some purple to your home screen today.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate |OT| Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 27, 2018
Has there been any mentions of any updates ? Not being able to group up with a buddy to play online seems ridiculous to me. Yes I know about Arena but that’s still hit or miss if you manage to get on the same team.

ALSO , why the hell is there no ranked game mode? Online gaming for the switch so far feels so bad to me coming from Xbox live.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
I was messing with the item stance glitch, the one where if certain characters who got changed up idle animations will revert to their old ones, with Wolf

I compared it with his stiff Brawl one to see if it was just the old animation overlaid on the new body but now I really think at some point in development, they intended to have him use this stance and this is a left over of that. It's much nicer to look at and they even added new details. his mouth opens wider and his ears will actually waggle a bit. The ear waggle is something he doesn't have in his new idles and it's something he didn't do in Brawl's idle.

Wolf is the only one who has their crouch revert, though I don't think that's saying much. Most characters didn't really get new crouches, I think.

Wolf is also the only one who actually does his entire idle animation. Other character's I've tried just stick with the standard idle, like Mario just raises his hands up & down like he does but never does any of his proper idles. Even ones that also revert to an older stance don't do an actual idle animation (ie: Mewtwo just stands at the ready as normal). So that's weird.

Richter & Dark Samus don't revert to Simon & Samus' idles, incidentally.

Also, unrelated to the idle changes for how many games has the game added a faint black smoke effect to you when you fall after a double jump

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Where is my high level competitive match up where Wolf abuses Diddy's banana peels and Snake's grenades to lower the hurt box while standing still and crouching

Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I'm on team Salem. I always like a good heel, and he seems like a generally cool guy outside of those statements about Melee. His streams with Mew2King are fun.

Community is super underrating his potential too.

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, I have a list of the names, numbers, and types of the spirits I'm missing. 26 are fighter types, 4 are primaries, and 6 are supports. I've no how to find where to acquire them. I found one of them after completing a challenge, so I'm wondering how many more are hidden behind challenge panels.

Where do you buy the alternate fighters? The spirit point shops haven't shown me anything new in days, so I'm assuming you mean the vault shop that you spend gold in. How often does it refresh its selection?
You can check for the ones you're missing here to see if one of them is in there. I needed Mew which was stressful (put it on easy and use Celebi and Dedede).

I bought the alternate fighters as I was doing Classic Mode: buy one, do Classic for another, come back to vault shop to hopefully find another. I bought 500 and 1000 coin ones just to clear out the board to maybe have a higher chance? Seemed to work out for me. I'm not sure if it's time-based or activity-based though. I wouldn't buy any of the main fighters if you plan on beating all of Classic because you can save the coins for the alts.

Oct 25, 2017
You can check for the ones you're missing here to see if one of them is in there. I needed Mew which was stressful (put it on easy and use Celebi and Dedede).

I bought the alternate fighters as I was doing Classic Mode: buy one, do Classic for another, come back to vault shop to hopefully find another. I bought 500 and 1000 coin ones just to clear out the board to maybe have a higher chance? Seemed to work out for me. I'm not sure if it's time-based or activity-based though. I wouldn't buy any of the main fighters if you plan on beating all of Classic because you can save the coins for the alts.
Thanks a lot for that. That'll fill out most or all that I'm missing.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
I was watching ESAM's top 10 characters vid ( https://youtu.be/iMq7vqzuKAY ) and I did not realize that one of the big reasons Olimar is considered good now is because the properties on his air attacks changed. The Pikmin used to count as items, which was super super punishable? Crazy.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
In expeditions is it more important to pick high level spirits, or spirits with the advantage arrows? Would a level 25 with an advantage find more rewards than a level 99 without an advantage?

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
In expeditions is it more important to pick high level spirits, or spirits with the advantage arrows? Would a level 25 with an advantage find more rewards than a level 99 without an advantage?
I think generally a high leveled spirit without advantage will earn more in that scenario.
Ideally you're sending high leveled spirits with advantage.

I don't think any research has been done to determine what the exact formulas, though.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I think generally a high leveled spirit without advantage will earn more in that scenario.
Ideally you're sending high leveled spirits with advantage.

I don't think any research has been done to determine what the exact formulas, though.
Yeah, I use 99 with advantage most of the time. Sometimes all of them are tired though, which made me wonder what the determining factor was. Rewards aren’t consistent enough to really tell the difference though, so it ultimately probably doesn’t matter that much!

Nov 2, 2017
I've seen more Clouds than Chroms lately. It wasn't like that for me from the start.
people are probably starting to realize that chrome actually isn't good and is only a scrub-killer
I sure hope so. I want people to stop playing as Chrom because his playstyle is really fun for me, but I don't want to be known as "Ugh, not another Chrom player."

Oct 25, 2017
chrom is still super fast and super strong and has a big sword. that will take him places... BUT as players get better that shitty recovery is going to get exploited.

then again you could say the same about captain falcon in melee and that hasn't stopped people from performing extremely well with him. chrom has some really great tools. I was surprised still to see lucina in esam's top 10 over chrom. i'm not convinced that she's better than chrom yet.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone link me to a YouTube video for dummies explaining what GSP is and how it works? I don’t think I’ll ever understand it.
All it is, is how many people you are (theoretically) better than.

if I have a score of 1.5 million GSP with Luigi, that means I am better than 1, 499,999 people with Luigi.

I have no idea what determines any of this and I don't think anyone does. But that's the general gist.

If I had to guess, win/loss ratio and placement in a match affect things but hell if I know if there are other factors in play. Like does free for all matter at all? Time? Stock? Does playing with items affect things more? Less?? Who knows!

Last edited:

Professor Beef

YOU WANNA GO DUMB, I'LL GO DUMB WITH YOU
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
chrom is still super fast and super strong and has a big sword. that will take him places... BUT as players get better that shitty recovery is going to get exploited.

then again you could say the same about captain falcon in melee and that hasn't stopped people from performing extremely well with him. chrom has some really great tools. I was surprised still to see lucina in esam's top 10 over chrom. i'm not convinced that she's better than chrom yet.
she's still marth-lite and that's better than chrome could ever hope to be

chrome is essentially little mac with a sword and (arguably) an even worse recovery - one that doesn't even have i-frames like lucina or the horizontal capability of mac's.

Jims

Oct 27, 2017
After hearing so much bad stuff about the online, I had been kind of avoiding playing it. But I played about an hour and it was better than expected. Really really really dependent on the other player's connections, but at least the fix to the preferred matchmaking seems to have made a difference. Got all 1v1s, no FFAs or anything. Eventually found a solid Mewtwo player and sparred for 5 or 6 games. The Mewtwo/Yoshi matchup is really good for offstage shenanigans.

Was kind of surprised it starts you around 1.8 million GSP. Figured it would start you at 1 or unranked or something.

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
Was kind of surprised it starts you around 1.8 million GSP. Figured it would start you at 1 or unranked or something.
It starts you higher and higher as time goes on, at launch I think I started around 500k? Little intimidating to get back in at this point because of it.

Dec 21, 2017
I finally spent a good amount of time online today but focused on Arenas . I think this will be my preferred method of play since everyone seems a lot more into just having fun. I was seriously addicted for hours and couldn't put the controller down as if the game just came out. Really good connections, really great Team play, good players, considerate players. It was the best online experience I've ever had in any Smash bros online setting. Today completely changed my mind about the games online in general.

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Is there some kind of bug with My Music and online arenas?

Every time I've played them it's just been 1 song over and over again. I played 4 matches on Yoshi's Island (Brawl) and it was the Yoshi's Island (Brawl) song every single time. On Pokemon Stadium 2, it was Pokemon Main Theme (Brawl) for 3 matches.

Even if it goes by the defaults for the stage, that doesn't seem right.
I complained about this earlier in the thread. It's really dumb and I have no idea why it's like that. Only way to avoid it (seemingly) is to play with random stage selection.

Oct 25, 2017
Im the only one that when playing the Paper Mario stage, when it changes from the land part to the pirate ship part, and the (i suppose) main music from that stage sounds, the only thing that can hear is the intro of the tiny toons when the warner bros logo fades away?
Starts in 1:08
Every time I hear that sound I start mumbling, we're tiny, we're looney... lol

Oct 25, 2017
When I play with a character I haven’t played with much and it’s gsp is only around 1 million why does it match me with 2.5+ million gsp players and not around 1 million gsp players like my character

Status
Not open for further replies.