• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sss

Nov 4, 2018
Sorry if it has been asked already, but when does it release on the eShop (EU)? I'm one hour ahead of UK

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry if this has already been answered. Any info on how character unlocks work during multi-switch local multiplayer? Also, do you need Nintendo's online business to do multi-switch local multiplayer?
Why would you need to pay for online when you're playing local lol? It's not using wifi even with multiswitch local multiplayer

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
So nobody any tips on Sheik? No? :(
Game is just out, but based on what they were like in 4, gameplan is to take opponents off stage with fair and get em with bouncing fish. I think some of their tilts can combo into it too but to what extent and at what percents you'll have to mess around with. Up air should also kill if you catch them close to the top, dunno what the good set ups are for that but it's easily doable while juggling/sharking because of your speed

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Game is just out, but based on what they were like in 4, gameplan is to take opponents off stage with fair and get em with bouncing fish. I think some of their tilts can combo into it too but to what extent and at what percents you'll have to mess around with. Up air should also kill if you catch them close to the top, dunno what the good set ups are for that but it's easily doable while juggling/sharking because of your speed
I tried to get lvl 7 NPCs with bouncing fish off stage and they just airdodged it 100% of the time lol. I was experimenting with tilts but haven't found anything yet.
I miss my Melee fair. :P

Dary

Oct 27, 2017
The English Wilderness
One thing to keep in mind about adventure mode, since I recall some people saying they barrelled through it with a handful of overpowered spirits, is that you get better rewards the more underpowered you are. If you only use high-level spirits, the only spoils you'll get from battles are the spirits themselves.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
One thing to keep in mind about adventure mode, since I recall some people saying they barrelled through it with a handful of overpowered spirits, is that you get better rewards the more underpowered you are. If you only use high-level spirits, the only spoils you'll get from battles are the spirits themselves.

What other rewards even are there?

Oct 29, 2017
The Best Buy I work at is releasing the game at 10pm tonight. Heard most in Utah are I think if that helps anyone else.

Also, anyone know what the difference between the regular guide and collectors edition is? The collector's has like double the page amount

Prevolition

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have a link to the Smash DBZ crossover video? I couldn't watch at the time that I saw it and now I can't find it on here or Youtube.

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I tried to get lvl 7 NPCs with bouncing fish off stage and they just airdodged it 100% of the time lol. I was experimenting with tilts but haven't found anything yet.
I miss my Melee fair. :P
After trying it right out of fair? Dang

Yeah though, fair is like, just for trying to set stuff up now. Sheik's been kinda weird the last two games because they have such a hard time closing stocks but are good at racking damage

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
Man the single player stuff looks cool from the GB Quick Look. I wonder if this game would still be worth it for me if I don't plan to play online much. My friends who were going to buy it backed out.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What other rewards even are there?
I don't have the game yet, but from what I've seen I imagine smash coins (Used in the in game shop, as well as one of the ways to buy a continue in classic), Continue Tickets, and possibly more music options as well. You might also get extra spirits or stuff for enhancing/crafting spirits, but obviously those probably don't appeal as much to you. Most of the rewards seem like they'll be geared towards spirits mode though

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If anybody can play online yet, is it trash?
I can't play, but from the streams I'm watching as well as gamexplain's video it doesn't seem bad. It looks a bit choppy with 4 players, has noticable input lag with 3, and is very smooth with only a tiny bit of input lag 1v1 (which frankly was unavoidable). And it'll probably get a bit better once there's a larger player base with more nearby people to pull from

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
After trying it right out of fair? Dang

Yeah though, fair is like, just for trying to set stuff up now. Sheik's been kinda weird the last two games because they have such a hard time closing stocks but are good at racking damage
Maybe I just suck at executing it right away. I have problems landing it in general.
Is her side B more for ledge guarding? I also heard somewhere you can combo into something out of midair needles but I forgot what it was and can't really figure it out myself lol.

jmizzal

Oct 27, 2017
Does characters unlock every 10 mins when playing WOL mode, or just in other modes

I want to unlock everybody early but I feel like i'm gonna be playing a lot of WOL

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Maybe I just suck at executing it right away. I have problems landing it in general.
Is her side B more for ledge guarding? I also heard somewhere you can combo into something out of midair needles but I forgot what it was and can't really figure it out myself lol.
tbh I've never seen the grenade used much in 4 and totally forgot it was in this game haha. Play around with it!

And yeah, saw that on twitter. Short hop needle should confirm into up smash

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Is there some kind of item which reverses my controls or something? Playing classic and keep dying because the screen is zoomed the fuck out and pressing right is making me go left.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Does characters unlock every 10 mins when playing WOL mode, or just in other modes

I want to unlock everybody early but I feel like i'm gonna be playing a lot of WOL

They only unlock in WoL when you defeat their spirit in the mode. They unlock every 10 minutes in classic and versus mode, specifically.

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
I can't play, but from the streams I'm watching as well as gamexplain's video it doesn't seem bad. It looks a bit choppy with 4 players, has noticable input lag with 3, and is very smooth with only a tiny bit of input lag 1v1 (which frankly was unavoidable). And it'll probably get a bit better once there's a larger player base with more nearby people to pull from
I hope it isn't trash then, I had a terrible time in Smash 4 most of the time

One more question: can WOL be played with two players?

HeyNay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere
I've never played any Smash games before, but I'm guess now would be a good time to jump in. Question... can you play co-op (as in 2 players local), against 2 others online?

BuBu Jenkins

Oct 27, 2017
whelp went all in and bought the digital ultimate edition with the fighter pack for $85 on top of a year subscription for Nintendo Online. Haven't played Smash since Brawl on Wii so i have a shit ton of labbing and seeing who i'll even main out of this giant ass roster

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Incineroar seems quite good. Forward tilt KOing at like 80-something% on stream. Opponent might not be DIing correctly though.

Status
Not open for further replies.