• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rAndom

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I always go for the physical...but I will get it on Saturday on a long road trip to a game shop.

Damn I'm so tempted to go digital for this one...

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Feels just like yesterday we were told "Everyone is here!", followed by extended and heated debate over whether this was just a port of Smash 4.

Then came all the speculation, the leaks both real and fake, and then being graced with Piranha Plant as a fighter.

The ride has been fun, but I'm glad we're pulling into the station.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Feels just like yesterday we were told "Everyone is here!", followed by extended and heated debate over whether this was just a port of Smash 4.

Then came all the speculation, the leaks both real and fake, and then being graced with Piranha Plant as a fighter.

The ride has been fun, but I'm glad we're pulling into the station.

We've still got the DLC to speculate on...

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
I will catch up with this thread later on.

Is there a discord? Or some place to share friend codes etc? I have no friends on Switch lol

The invite is in OP (under SmashERA Discord image)

Can you unlock characters by just playing against people online?

Anyone know?

We don't know yet since no one tried online mode yet because they know if they did then they would have gotten banned.

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Can you unlock characters by just playing against people online?
You unlock characters every ten minutes based on an in-game clock. Would assume this applies to whatever you are doing, but you would probably have to back out of the online match you were in(obviously)

Don't know if Spoiler or not - if not, it might be handy having in the first post as this sort off stuff will be asked loads.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
5rPKoAR.gif

-2B-

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 23, 2018
I have not played much Smash. Are the joycons ok to use for this? I don't own anything else at the moment. I will just be playing casually.

Oct 25, 2017
You unlock characters every ten minutes based on an in-game clock. Would assume this applies to whatever you are doing, but you would probably have to back out of the online match you were in(obviously)

Don't know if Spoiler or not - if not, it might be handy having in the first post as this sort off stuff will be asked loads.
I wonder if this will work online.

disgraciau

Oct 27, 2017
Ibiza, Balearic Islands, Spain
My copy arrived already! So soon!

IMG_20181204_141525.jpg

I guess the explanation may be because here in Spain we have a holiday weekend from 6 to 9 of December, and Amazon decided to send my copy earlier so I don't have to wait too much.

Played it a bit. Pretty fun, controls with Pro Controller are OK. I already unlocked one character.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I guess the explanation may be because here in Spain we have a holiday weekend from 6 to 9 of December, and Amazon decided to send my copy earlier so I don't have to wait too much.

Played it a bit. Pretty fun, controls with Pro Controller are OK. I already unlocked one character.

Solidus

Oct 27, 2017
Playing on a pro controller... how do you guys feel about using a shoulder button for jump? It seems optimal since it allows you to easily hit jump and an attack button/right-analog tilt at the same time without resorting to claw grip. Trying to hit a face button for jump and flicking the right analog stick at the same time, without using claw grip, is nearly impossible or at least way more effort than pressing a shoulder button and flicking the right stick.

My only concern is that it would feel really awkward at first and require forgetting a lot of muscle memory... but on paper the benefits are undeniable.

If you're someone who already does this, which shoulder button do you use? I'm thinking L or ZL to keep all movement on my left hand, attacks on my right.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dunno how accurate these tier lists are on google but all of S tier I have no interest in at all lol. A tier has Richter and Inkling which I'm interested in trying.

Deleted member 896

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've done it before on a couple of things, but one question I have for people who buy from the foreign digital stores more frequently is is there any complications with DLC if you buy from the JP eShop? I was thinking about buying from there just for the early unlock, but would the fighter pass have to be purchased from there as well? And would it be tied to that account? I'd previously just created a second JP account, bought from there, and then played the game on my main account, which works fine. I just didn't know if there'd be any issue with getting piranha plant or having to buy the DLC on the JP account and it being tied only to that one.

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Dunno how accurate these tier lists are on google but all of S tier I have no interest in at all lol. A tier has Richter and Inkling which I'm interested in trying.
Don't stress about them at this point, especially if characters you like are showing up in the second highest tier. There's goona be tons of wiggle room and simon/richter and inkling in particular are speculated to both be great

CarlSagan94

Nov 3, 2018

Could you say if the Euoprean in-box art is the same as the NA one ?

Status
Not open for further replies.