• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Don't stop smash commercial video made it to 1 million views before smash bros release!

This fan-edited commercial surpassed the original Super Smash Bros. commercial to me, which is a timeless classic. This will be just as timeless thanks to the absurdly fitting music choice.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Did they even test the online? Wanted a demo to ease the waiting.
you know I didn't think about it much, but online is going to die so hard on Friday.

there is no way Nintendo is actually ready for like 2-3 million players trying to play online at the same time lol

I would love to be wrong, but I doubt the servers have been stress tested anywhere near what they are likely going to get on friday.

Though it also makes me think that perhaps the reason the game doesn't have 8 player online matches was to reduce the stress on the servers, and perhaps once the numbers drop some, late next year or so, they could add 8 player online play.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not even going to try online on Friday. I'll do local player sessions until Sunday. Gonna play with some friends locally, play the various single-player modes, unlock all the characters, then on Sunday imma try the online.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
oh shit, i just realised i haven't seen any advertising around my city. Nintendo AU slackin'.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not even going to try online on Friday. I'll do local player sessions until Sunday. Gonna play with some friends locally, play the various single-player modes, unlock all the characters, then on Sunday imma try the online.
I didn't have any serious plans to play online until like sunday night, but there was a small chance I was going to try friday, but I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't plan on doing that.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
European Special Edition includes the Pegi + USK logos in the case inside

Dto3uaSXgAAIsFY.jpg

Confirmed by GAME Spain, https://twitter.com/VideojuegosGAME/status/1070233590083043329

@raketenrolf

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Uk retailers should be getting stock today so i would imagine most places will post it out today! Tomorrow hype...

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
I said I was going to keep my expectations in check but I'm hoping hard I'll be able to get my hands on my preorder tomorrow. The same retailer (FNAC in France) started selling RDR2 one day early so...

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
Not officially but some local stores are selling the game already. Specially in Spain where there's a long weekend this week and some people can get their copies earlier.
more than the game is already in the stores... people are trying to get them to sell the game earlier... but there are still no shops that broke the launch date (at least not openly)

Plasmid

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna go digital with Ultimate. It's just way more efficient. Hoping that my 2 Gamecube wireless adapters come in Friday though.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just preloaded the game digitally. The choice was between Japan digital or South Africa digital. Japan would have let me play like 8 hours earlier but no double gold coin promo in Japan, while South Africa has the promo for the fighter pass too, which might be the only sale this pass is getting for some time. No regrets!

alphacat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just preloaded the game digitally. The choice was between Japan digital or South Africa digital. Japan would have let me play like 8 hours earlier but no double gold coin promo in Japan, while South Africa has the promo for the fighter pass too, which might be the only sale this pass is getting for some time. No regrets!

Doesn't Australia get the game earlier? They got the promo too

RealTravisty

Mar 29, 2018
Wow, 22 pages already...

I'm leaving my mark here. Looking forward to playing with you all. My main character will be Pokemon Trainer, backed up by Toon Link and Lucina.

Sgtpepper89

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I have no idea if I will enjoy this game, all the content means nothing if the gameplay doesnt work for me.. Ive only played like 2h of Smash before and it was the Wii one.

Anyone got some tips on a youtube beginner friendly channel so I can do some research in the game itself aswell as how to approach pvp?

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have no idea if I will enjoy this game, all the content means nothing if the gameplay doesnt work for me.. Ive only played like 2h of Smash before and it was the Wii one.

Anyone got some tips on a youtube beginner friendly channel so I can do some research in the game itself aswell as how to approach pvp?

Just play Single Player alot, like change it from Classic Mode to World of Light and other Modes to get a feel for some characters. Smash Bros is best learned by just playing. Unlike other fighting games this is a game where you don't have to learn combos or anything like that at first. There are combos and everything, Smash Bros is a positioning and mind game.

I would recommend starting with some easy to grasp characters like Mario, Pikachu and Samus. Don't want videos now or anything like that and just learn the game itself. :)

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
I missed the talk about the challenger approaching screen.

Sorry but even Melee is no match for Capcom vs SNK 2 or Fist of the North Star.

Regular edition it is.
Yeah, despite some people now claiming their limited edition doesn't have a USK logo I just can't risk it, cancelled my pre-order and went for the regular one.
Well that....sucks wtf !?

Will this be for everywhere in Europe or perhaps only in Spain ?
No idea, hopefully that's just the Germany edition somehow. Some people in Spanish forums are claiming their limited edition has no USK.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Surely the small shops will sell starting tomorrow - Spielegrotte and others. Also where is your Momo avatar?! (I bought the Harem Gold artbook in Japan uff)

It would take me around 3 hours to drive to the city where Spielegrotte is, short of Saturn or MediaMarkt selling it early I'm out of luck :( And Momo temporarily took a vacation for Cleo from Dragalia Lost, she might return!

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone finds a copy already at a spanish carrefour, mediamarkt ort fnac (preferebly carrefour or mediamarkt as its usually 10 euros cheaper) please say were and the city you got it. I would love to get today as tomorrow spain starts a "big weekend" of 4 days.

Well that....sucks wtf !?

Will this be for everywhere in Europe or perhaps only in Spain ?

Everywhere in europe, thats why the fucking german logo is there. They dont want to create special editions for every country, so the slap the german logo to every special edition copy in europe (with english text on the back). Normal editions are published different in each country with only the pegi logo, and the text in the back in ones or 2 languages (for example, in Spain you will have the text in spanish and portuguese).

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just got my Dispatch Notice from Simply Games. Maybe it will arrive tomorrow before I leave for the weekend. There's hope at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.