• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plum

May 31, 2018
European Special Edition includes the Pegi + USK logos in the case inside

Dto3uaSXgAAIsFY.jpg

Confirmed by GAME Spain, https://twitter.com/VideojuegosGAME/status/1070233590083043329

@raketenrolf
981b65eca64fa982dc7b88a4e14bdf13.jpg

ragnarok21

Nov 26, 2017
Surely the small shops will sell starting tomorrow - Spielegrotte and others. Also where is your Momo avatar?! (I bought the Harem Gold artbook in Japan uff)

Would you know about any in Frankfurt am Main?

Hehe, moved here 3 months ago and just know Saturn and Gamestop, doubting they will sell it tomorrow.

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
My game and amiibo (which I forgot I had ordered) have been dispatched. Now the wait for them to arrive begins.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I guess now Sakurai will be some character in Death Stranding

you know I didn't think about it much, but online is going to die so hard on Friday.

there is no way Nintendo is actually ready for like 2-3 million players trying to play online at the same time lol

I would love to be wrong, but I doubt the servers have been stress tested anywhere near what they are likely going to get on friday.

Though it also makes me think that perhaps the reason the game doesn't have 8 player online matches was to reduce the stress on the servers, and perhaps once the numbers drop some, late next year or so, they could add 8 player online play.
Have you ever played 4 player online matches? They are very laggy and broken, I genuinely think it would be impossible to play with 8 players online, even if all 8 players are using a wired connection.

Also like all fighting games online is p2p, the servers are only for matchmaking purposes, though I still expect them to be overloaded and broken this weekend

Last edited:

legendofjelda

Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Does anyone have a high res version of the last banner art that includes Ken and Incineroar? I use the version from before it as a 3-screen wallpaper, but can't find the latest version in the same quality. I'm sure it must exist somewhere online...

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
Will this unlock at the same time for everyone on Thursday night in the US? As in, since I'm in the mountain time zone, 10PM?

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
"Dearest Best Buy,

I hope this letter reaches you well. I am writing on the topic of Super Smash Brothers The Ultimate. I had sent you a letter of pre-ordering many moons ago when the sun was higher in the sky and we had not yet tasted the icy chill of the winter winds. The Japanese business from which the item in question is produced has suggested a release date of Friday the seventh of the month of Christmas, and yet I see no notification that you have yet shipped it. Are you planning on sending it upon the fastest horse available tomorrow? I fear I will not receive it in time otherwise, and I would very much like to enjoy The Ultimate upon its release.

Warmest regards,
-Tavernade"

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
"Dearest Best Buy,

I hope this letter reaches you well. I am writing on the topic of Super Smash Brothers The Ultimate. I had sent you a letter of pre-ordering many moons ago when the sun was higher in the sky and we had not yet tasted the icy chill of the winter winds. The Japanese business from which the item in question is produced has suggested a release date of Friday the seventh of the month of Christmas, and yet I see no notification that you have yet shipped it. Are you planning on sending it upon the fastest horse available tomorrow? I fear I will not receive it in time otherwise, and I would very much like to enjoy The Ultimate upon its release.

Warmest regards,
-Tavernade"
Lol

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
It's kind of stupid Square wouldn't even let the summons from Midgar (which are already 2D images in high quality) be spirits.

It'd be funny if Sakurai's "I don't think we'll ever bring everyone back again" was specifically centred on him never wanting to work with Square again, and he intends for everyone BUT Cloud to return.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
"Dearest Best Buy,

Warmest regards,
-Tavernade"

You fool. You have to begin with some asinine observation about the seasons or the weather

CarlSagan94

Nov 3, 2018
"Dearest Best Buy,

Warmest regards,
-Tavernade"
Press f

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
I'm going away for the weekend to dog sit and so have a lot of free time, driving down Friday lunchtime. Amazon is telling me Smash will arrive Friday. I hope it shows up before I have to leave :((

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hi Smash Era! I just picked up my Switch. I also went to like a dozen different stores that sell games to see if any of them are breaking street date. I was unsuccessful. Therefore I am now dead.

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
I thought I moved to the West Coast for career prospects and personal growth, but nah, subconsciously it had to have been because I'll get to play Super Smash Bros a few hours before midnight golly this is everything my life was leading up to

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I'll be well disappointed if Royal Mail fails me tomorrow. Usually I'd be sure about getting it early, but it's Christmas... postal services are buggered.

GokouD

Oct 30, 2017
SimplyGames have dispatched mine in the UK, should be here tomorrow! (At a time when I'm quite likely to be out...Nooooo)

Oct 25, 2017
Good news is that I arranged to pick up my preorder from Best Buy, and the preorder bonus coin was added to my order at some point. Bad news it that I still don't know whether I'll be able to pick it up tomorrow night or I'll have to wait until Best Buy opens Friday morning.

I'm gonna figure that out today.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
It'd be funny if Sakurai's "I don't think we'll ever bring everyone back again" was specifically centred on him never wanting to work with Square again, and he intends for everyone BUT Cloud to return.
Wouldn't be surprised, he was pretty clear when he said 3rd parties are hard to work with but was enjoying working with Capcom and Konami. It's possible he was also referring to SEGA but it's extremely unlikely.

hans_castorp

Oct 27, 2017
Does this game play well with a DualShock?
I need two extra controllers and I'm thinking of buying the mayflash adaptor as pro controllers are too expensive and I'm not a fan of the GC controller.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Wouldn't be surprised, he was pretty clear when he said 3rd parties are hard to work with but was enjoying working with Capcom and Konami. It's possible he was also referring to SEGA but it's extremely unlikely.
Sega's only "issue" seems to be with Sonic remixes, but they're very easy otherwise, based on the amount of Sonic music rips and spirits the game has.

Deleted member 82

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Quick question about character unlocking: if I leave my Switch running overnight, will every fighter be unlocked the next day? Or do I need to be doing something, anything within the game - even, say, just moving the cursor in the menus - for the 10-minute timer to reset between each unlock?

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Quick question about character unlocking: if I leave my Switch running overnight, will every fighter be unlocked the next day? Or do I need to be doing something, anything within the game - even, say, just moving the cursor in the menus - for the 10-minute timer to reset between each unlock?
You need to do a single Vs match (you can go against CPUs, and you don't have to win) for the unlock to trigger.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Reggie gets back at his rival, Geoff, by announcing Smash Ultimate is available right now, as the show is starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.