• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't argue that Ike is that deep. Yes, he undergoes a pretty stark physical maturation between PoR and RD, but in his arc of going from rookie merc to mercenary company head to leader of an army and international hero to legend, he doesn't really ever seem to undergo that much dramatic growth in his character. In some ways, I'd argue he even regressed between Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn.

Posts like this really just remind me how much I want a proper Genealogy of the Holy War remake on the level of Shadows of Valentia. Even as simple as the character arcs are, the narrative as a whole runs laps around the rest of the series for its ambition and how much it was able to pull off in its day.

Yes please. If only to finally put to an end all of the weird "isn't incest cute?" vibes the recent Fire Emblem games have been playing around with.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Oh man, 20 hours until the game unlocks here! Going to sleep now, but tomorrow at night I already got a couple friends joining for at least a couple games!

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't imagine any of the paid DLC chars being far enough along to share any collateral, be it gameplay, movies, or even art. I'm holding out for a day-1 Piranha Plant drop announcement.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Let me know what you think afterwards! Who do you normally play as?

My forever main has been Marth since Melee. Beyond that, my secondary characters have floated around a lot. Ness has been my primary alt in almost every game (he was my main in 64), but in addition to Ness I also alt Ganondorf (Melee), Wolf and Snake (Brawl), Bowser (4 3DS), and Cloud (4 U).

I also used to love trolling people with Luigi, but they've made him less and less of a troll/joke character and more traditionally viable over the years so the appeal has lessened.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Echoes was fine.

But the mediocre gameplay got old really fast. It became a drag to play. And the dungeons were a cool idea but man were they poorly done, the last few made me want to drop the game.

The music tho is fantastic. Couldn't believe they beat Fates right away. Goes to show how amazing the NES soundtrack was. There's a binding Blade song in smash and it's fantastic. I'm looking forward to Roy's game being remade. I think he Smash seniority is gonna help that game a lot lol

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I really want to play this. My only issue is I don't have a switch. I can't justify purchasing a console for just one game. Can I?

I would never advise buying a console for just one game unless you're so flush with cash you won't even notice the expenditure. You can always wait until more games you care about are announced - Smash isn't going anywhere.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My forever main has been Marth since Melee. Beyond that, my secondary characters have floated around a lot. Ness has been my primary alt in almost every game (he was my main in 64), but in addition to Ness I also alt Ganondorf (Melee), Wolf and Snake (Brawl), Bowser (4 3DS), and Cloud (4 U).

I also used to love trolling people with Luigi, but they've made him less and less of a troll/joke character and more traditionally viable over the years so the appeal has lessened.
You should get online when it come out so we can play

casey_contra

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
I think Roy is a cute character but Ike is where it's at. Daddy Ike.

...I've never played a FE for longer than 10 minutes so I don't know anything about the characters outside of Smash.

My favorite <3 Anyone who picks Twunk Ike in my house is banned.

Niles in FE is cool because he actually likes men and is attainable except for the fact that he is a digital character without any physical presence or actual thought.

Baby Bird

Nov 5, 2017
To the people missing your Piranha Plant code, i believe you have to actually redeem your code on the eshop, thus claiming your coins for the purchase. In the direct they said people who claimed their coins before the cutoff date would get him. For me, it took a day or two after redeeming the code for the PP code to come.

I got the game digitally yesterday, though, and already pre-loaded it. And I just checked my Nintendo Account page and the 300 gold coins are already there, but nothing about the Piranha Plant code.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I got the game digitally yesterday, though, and already pre-loaded it. And I just checked my Nintendo Account page and the 300 gold coins are already there, but nothing about the Piranha Plant code.

The Piranha Plant code is a separate e-mail distributed by Nintendo's promotional team. I got mine sent to me a day or two after I prebought the game digitally. It got caught in my G-mail's promotional mail filter, so my guess is a lot of mail programs think the promo code e-mail is an ad and block it. Check your spam filter too.

You should get online when it come out so we can play

Eh. No interest in paying for another online sub.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sooo I failed to secure a special edition with the controller and adapter. So all I can do now is try to snatch one at launch day, which might be difficult because none are selling the special edition directly. None of my nearby retailers sell the damn adapter speerately either. Have to check tomorrow if the biggest one in the city does. If not I'm fucked lol...

Oct 27, 2017
People are thinking we might see the first DLC character tomorrow, but didn't they JUST decide on who would be in the DLC last month? Wouldn't it be too early?

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Looks like some editions do come without logos. First picture was defenitely from a SE as it has both logos just like Pokémon.

a5bHgDs.jpeg
First one was from GAME Spain right? Do they have an exclusive LE or something like that?

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
like I said, it might take a couple days. I ordered the code from amazon and put it into the eshop on december 2nd. The PP code came on the 4th.

Observation Platform

Alt-Account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
About 19 hours until launch here in Australia. Hard to believe I'll finally be playing it tonight. I have a gig until 11:30pm and working my last day until mid-January today. This grown ass man is so psyched.

Baby Bird

Nov 5, 2017
The Piranha Plant code is a separate e-mail distributed by Nintendo's promotional team. I got mine sent to me a day or two after I prebought the game digitally. It got caught in my G-mail's promotional mail filter, so my guess is a lot of mail programs think the promo code e-mail is an ad and block it. Check your spam filter too.

Hmm, I guess since I purchased the game yesterday, I'm yet to receive the code. There is nothing in my promotions tab and neither on my spam as well, but since it is not instant, perhaps I'll receive it soon enough.

On a related note, was the version without the DLC pass eligible for 600 Gold Coins? I just checked and I only got 300.

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Echoes was fine.

But the mediocre gameplay got old really fast. It became a drag to play. And the dungeons were a cool idea but man were they poorly done, the last few made me want to drop the game.

The music tho is fantastic. Couldn't believe they beat Fates right away. Goes to show how amazing the NES soundtrack was. There's a binding Blade song in smash and it's fantastic. I'm looking forward to Roy's game being remade. I think he Smash seniority is gonna help that game a lot lol

I mean it helps in the case of Twilight of the Gods how much they have expanded on the tracks themselves to help elevate them. The NES tracks are pretty much the base

Deleted member 4093

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Eh. No interest in paying for another online sub.
We can both do it and pay $10

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I guess since I purchased the game yesterday, I'm yet to receive the code. There is nothing in my promotions tab and neither on my spam as well, but since it is not instant, perhaps I'll receive it soon enough.

On a related note, was the version without the DLC pass eligible for 600 Gold Coins? I just checked and I only got 300.

Yeah, if you just bought it yesterday it might not get to you until today or tomorrow. Took me two days to get mine.

I think we get the bonus coins when the game actually comes out. So they should be delivered on Friday.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Starting to get desperate with the idea of not finding this game physically here in Brazil this week. :( If someone knows where to get it, please tell me!

(no, I won't buy digital)

DannyVice

Oct 25, 2017
I know this -might- seem like a stupid question but is it recommended to watch the cutscenes from Subspace Emmisary before going into this Smash? I'm kinda a newcomer and it seemed like that was the last story-mode for Smash.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I know this -might- seem like a stupid question but is it recommended to watch the cutscenes from Subspace Emmisary before going into this Smash? I'm kinda a newcomer and it seemed like that was the last story-mode for Smash.

It doesn't really matter. There's no connection between the two. You can watch them if you want, but they really don't say much.

Hampig

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, no need. Altho those cutscenes are fun and would be an interesting watch.

CaptainMatilder

Certified FANatic
May 27, 2018
You cant buy the fighter pass on the eshop yet, right? I only see the separate 5.99 sets and the game plus fighter pass.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
People are thinking we might see the first DLC character tomorrow, but didn't they JUST decide on who would be in the DLC last month? Wouldn't it be too early?
People expecting DLC news at TGA's are nuts, but the people who legimately assume they finished locking down DLC when Sakurai made that tweet are naive as hell.

Deleted member 4093

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Which region switching method is fastest for getting the game early? Asking for a friend forreal lol. He wants to play early but I have work tomorrow and then want to watch TGA and eat so I can wait for it to unlock.

Status
Not open for further replies.