• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
I know this -might- seem like a stupid question but is it recommended to watch the cutscenes from Subspace Emmisary before going into this Smash? I'm kinda a newcomer and it seemed like that was the last story-mode for Smash.
There isn't much story to Ultimate's single player mode. It's purely gameplay focused. It's going to be quite different to Subspace, and in fact is not connected to Subspace in any way.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure they got atleast one character come on now

They've probably made progress on one, but I imagine the marketing plan for the characters wouldn't make sense to announce one now. Piranha Plant won't even be out for around two months, and the first paid character won't be out until after that. It makes no sense to have character 1 announced NOW when they won't be available until April or May. Better to wait until it's closer to release.

Spruchy

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My Mom and Pop shop posted on Facebook that they are getting a 20 calls a minute inquiring about Smash and to calm down.

I already have it pre-ordered digitally but the GF said if they get it in I can pick it up as her copy. Fingers crossed I be smashing tonight.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
not that I would interpret the Sakurai tweet as gospel, but it doesn't make a ton of sense to reveal the second DLC fighter when the game itself still isn't out for a few hours

at least wait until next year

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
you DLC people will really be silly like this for a whole year won't you lol

It may show up tomorrow or not. Who cares. The game itself is out tomorrow and I'm sure that's more exciting than a video!

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
you DLC people will really be silly like this for a whole year won't you lol

It may show up tomorrow or not. Who cares. The game itself is out tomorrow and I'm sure that's more exciting than a video!
But I only care about reveals that make me screech like a child! Who wants to play the actual game?

Deleted member 4093

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They've probably made progress on one, but I imagine the marketing plan for the characters wouldn't make sense to announce one now. Piranha Plant won't even be out for around two months, and the first paid character won't be out until after that. It makes no sense to have character 1 announced NOW when they won't be available until April or May. Better to wait until it's closer to release.
You really do not know anything do you? Thats how it was for smash 4

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But I only care about reveals that make me screech like a child! Who wants to play the actual game?
Considering this is the fanbase that says stuff like Sakurai needing to add shock value characters just for the reactions, if I didn't know you better I would actually wonder if you were serious or not lol

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Mewtwo is analogous to Piranha Plant here, not the Fighters Pass newcomers
Mewtwo was pretty obviously not started until after at least the 3DS version was done, maybe even the Wii U. He took awhile to come out. His model was rough and just a wire frame with smoothing. He had no official pose or anything. Piranha Plant looks 99% done.

We know Plant's been in the works for awhile, since he has an amiibo coming in February. Mewtwo's amiibo didn't come out until a year after he was announced. Sakurai has mentioned amiibo take about a year to make.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Got an e-mail about Best Buy's midnight launch.

...nah, I'm good, I'll pick it up after work Friday with the rest of the normies.

Besides I'll probably be playing Katamari most of the weekend instead.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
We're not getting a DLC character announcement for at least another month or two. I'm willing to place a bet on that.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Are we expecting a Direct early next year - Jan/Feb? Because that's when I'd expect the next DLC announcement. Piranha Plant date, next character announced for the spring.

DessieDoo

Jan 17, 2018
Yeah, but Pikachu's been around for decades. Some random blob of color that vaguely looks like an animal with a silly pun name is not Pikachu.

And yes, Pokemon fans may be obsessive, but I don't see "some random Pokemon from a game that isn't out yet" being a prime candidate for paid DLC. A main roster inclusion like Incineroar and Lucario, of course. But not paid DLC.

People do it when they buy a Pokémon game. Just so long as it isn't stupid looking (like a a third evolution of Nosepass or something) itll get fans

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh so its impossible they're working on 2
it's possible, sure

I wouldn't necessarily call it plausible
Mewtwo was pretty obviously not started until after at least the 3DS version was done, maybe even the Wii U. He took awhile to come out. His model was rough and just a wire frame with smoothing. He had no official pose or anything. Piranha Plant looks 99% done.

We know Plant's been in the works for awhile, since he has an amiibo coming in February. Mewtwo's amiibo didn't come out until a year after he was announced. Sakurai has mentioned amiibo take about a year to make.
regardless of development, they fulfill similar roles - the first DLC announced, prior a game's release, available for free given that the game was registered within a timeframe of a few months

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
This thread title sure is something haha, definitely something from a certain internet era.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Echoes was fine.

But the mediocre gameplay got old really fast. It became a drag to play. And the dungeons were a cool idea but man were they poorly done, the last few made me want to drop the game.

The music tho is fantastic. Couldn't believe they beat Fates right away. Goes to show how amazing the NES soundtrack was. There's a binding Blade song in smash and it's fantastic. I'm looking forward to Roy's game being remade. I think he Smash seniority is gonna help that game a lot lol
Good god, I hope the Jugdral games get remade before Binding Blade. They're the most in need of one and haven't had any real western visibility outside of FEH.

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
It's only been a month since the last Direct and the Pass characters are supposed to be spread out all through next year. The pace for reveals is going to be glacial.

WaluigiTime

Oct 27, 2017
Good Burger
Sorry if this has been asked before buy can you customize the random stages more? Like can I make it so I can have normal Fountain of Dreams, FD/BF New Pork City, and hazardless Wily's Castle on random?

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
y'know, I see a lot of people assuming the Fighter Packs will be released bimonthly (#1 in April, #2 in July, etc), but if we're going by Smash 4's DLC cycle, it'd make more sense to assume they'll work on multiple Packs at once and release them in two/three waves

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I want to know how much of a delay there will be between the release of the DLC characters and their respective amiibo. Remember how long it took to get Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta?

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like some editions do come without logos. First picture was defenitely from a SE as it has both logos just like Pokémon.

a5bHgDs.jpeg
I'm so confused. Should I keep my order :|

Status
Not open for further replies.