• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 42105

Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Sakurai's favorite artist releases a new song "Goku"

Nintendo retweets the Game Awards

Then this

It's happening everyone

giphy.gif

Deleted member 14377

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Late as heck but still. The terminology varies. But yeah, left stick is all movement and optionally jumps until you also press something else. The sensitivity thing is likely for distinguishing fast stick movements - think Windows double click treshold. This activates running, and jumping if you have it on, and dropping through soft platforms, and it distinguishes between normal ("A") attacks on ground. Slowly tilted stick gets tilt/"strong" attacks, flicked/smashed stick gets smash attacks.

Got ya. I'm brushing up on a lot of terminology, and a lot of it is just stuff I simply have worded differently in my head, so it's good to learn for the future reference when talking to you guys on a more knowledgeable basis. :p

What's the typical recommended for the sensitivity then? if there is any, I'd rather get used to it from the get go rather than learn everyone who plays competitively uses one specifically and have to get adjusted to it.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
It's been fun everyone building up to launch with all of you. So for one last time it's time to dance

2AreG4v.gif

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Got ya. I'm brushing up on a lot of terminology, and a lot of it is just stuff I simply have worded differently in my head, so it's good to learn for the future reference when talking to you guys on a more knowledgeable basis. :p

What's the typical recommended for the sensitivity then? if there is any, I'd rather get used to it from the get go rather than learn everyone who plays competitively uses one specifically and have to get adjusted to it.
The setting itself seems new, so there's little data, but I don't think there's been universal tourney controls scheme aside from defaults being liked because of no setup needed. Check ssbwiki.com if you want to make sure.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
So I was just watching Zero's stream...why is the camera so fucked up on Onett?

It seems normal on every other stage, but on Onett, instead of just zooming in or out, it "tilts" when players get near the edges in a really weird way. Totally ruins playing on the stage.

Has anyone else noticed this?

oBvTV9Y.jpg

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
I unfortunately have caught a hell of a cold and I hate playing games while sick, but still looking forward to tomorrow. Probably won't post in here again until I've played the game, so, for old time's sake, one last Dixie post before the game releases.

3YSUnDp.png

3YSUnDp.png

3YSUnDp.png

Here's to hoping Nintendo does the right thing and brings her in as DLC.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I unfortunately have caught a hell of a cold and I hate playing games while sick, but still looking forward to tomorrow. Probably won't post in here again until I've played the game, so, for old time's sake, one last Dixie post before the game releases.

3YSUnDp.png

3YSUnDp.png

3YSUnDp.png

Here's to hoping Nintendo does the right thing and brings her in as DLC.

Get well soon! And here's to Dixie for DLC!

Deleted member 14377

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The setting itself seems new, so there's little data, but I don't think there's been universal tourney controls scheme aside from defaults being liked because of no setup needed. Check ssbwiki.com if you want to make sure.

I'm sorry that I keep pestering you. But what do you mean by defaults being liked because of no setup needed?

JustTom

May 28, 2018
Germany...
Waa able to obtain a copy of Smash one day early because I talked nicely to the clerk at our local and she was happy to make an exception for me.
Played for 3 hours and the game is just amazing. So many situations making me smile plus! I feel like I can spend days in the OST section.
Cannot to continue tonight but I'm looking forward for my next session!

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
It's raining hard here in Southern California.

Would be nice if I could play Smash...

(Reggie, please push the button, make Japan do it!)

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
ZeRo got the "Got All Fighters" message before he even unlocked/made his own Mii Fighter.

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, the load time improvements alone are godly. That + the preset game mode selection is just perfect.

This is the sort of game you wish you could make as you're hitting a deadline. "Oh, if only we had another six months." Well, yeah, they got that + like two years. It's amazing.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How are the in-game achievements looking for this one?

Some of the Brawl and Smash 4 ones were waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay above me.

Deleted member 3815

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My copy arrived today, that was a nice surprise to come back to from work. Had a whirl with my Little brother and holy hell is the movement so fluid and snappy, it also didn't take long for me to unlock Peach and Young Link. Also playing in the Great Bay makes me badly want a Majora's Mask in HD, it looks so good.

However I do have a few criticism,

-I hate the menu music, sorry folks but I don't like the song, and wish that I could swap it out but there doesn't seem to be an option,
-Navigating the stage select screen is a nightmare as you have to find them by images and for some daft reason you can't group them together by game series, which would have made a lot of sense.
-The selection of new stages is a pitiful 4 as it padded out with old stages with the remaining new stages being relegated as paid DLC,
-Young Link is good an all but his reach is so short and I miss Twilight Princess Link, who was my main.
-As I don't plan to pay for on-line, I won't be able to clear the on-line check board. :(

Beastie91

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Bay Area CA
just bought this on the Eshop with the fighter pass im so ready for this last game I buy this year its fitting that this is the Ultimate version..

Sorry if its been asked but when does this unlock US westcoast time?

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So I was just watching Zero's stream...why is the camera so fucked up on Onett?

It seems normal on every other stage, but on Onett, instead of just zooming in or out, it "tilts" when players get near the edges in a really weird way. Totally ruins playing on the stage.

Has anyone else noticed this?

oBvTV9Y.jpg
You're being a little bit extra right now.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, watching Zero's stream. He starts an ironman (win a match with each character in a row online, random order), loses on his second match when randomizer gives him Robin, a character he's totally unfamiliar with, and matches him against Nakat's inkling. He actually pulled off a pretty good match regardless, had a hype comeback going on for a bit on his last stock

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Some things look better on Switch, as the picture of the video shows, other things look better on Wii U, like Donkey's fur for example.

DK's fur is basically the only example that I'd fully agree looks better on Wii U
There's also Fox and the Castle Siege map, which are debatable
Everything else looks better on Switch (ranging from a little to a whole hell of a lot better looking) as far as I can tell

Oct 26, 2017
DK's fur is basically the only example that I'd fully agree looks better on Wii U
There's also Fox and the Castle Siege map, which are debatable
Everything else looks better on Switch (ranging from a little to a whole hell of a lot better looking) as far as I can tell

That's true. The levels look a great deal better.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I wonder if online won't be as hammered as it has been in the past since it's no longer free.

EDIT: Watching the graphics comparison between Wii U and Switch, I'm ready for a new Pikmin. That was probably one of the least impressive upgrades but it got me hyped for Pikmin 4 anyways.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.