• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 18742

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just pre-ordered digital version through best buy. I honestly am not too excited for this compared to Brawl and Wii U. But at the same time I am idk. Doesn't even feel like a Smash game is even coming out tomorrow

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DK's fur is basically the only example that I'd fully agree looks better on Wii U
There's also Fox and the Castle Siege map, which are debatable
Everything else looks better on Switch (ranging from a little to a whole hell of a lot better looking) as far as I can tell
I'm surprised how many of the character models are new when they easily could have gotten away with just using the Wii U assets, I didn't notice Fox until that video but he's clearly a bit more detailed in areas, most obvious with his ears.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I wonder if 3 stocks are going to be the competitive standard in 1v1 because holy hell, stocks straight up melt with the 1v1 damage modifier.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Just a warning, ProsafiaGaming already uploaded videos of the final boss. The thumbnails have spoilers if you care about that.

...I have no idea how Little Mac is supposed to beat them btw.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Are the official GC controllers and GC adapter not available anywhere? On the UK Store site it doesn't even list the adapter :/

JJShadow

Oct 25, 2017
UK/Spain
How can I use my personalized controls? I I created a new control file in Options but when in battles it goes back to the default ones

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Kind of a dumb question, but here I go.

I managed to grab an early copy and it's now in my hands. I live in LatAm. Chances of getting banned by going online because Nintendo hates people who get early copies?

Oct 29, 2017
Neat, Best Buy decided to deliver my game a day early! I'll be able to play for a few hours before The Game Awards. Makes up for them delivering Persona Dancing a day late I guess haha!

ErrorJustin

Oct 28, 2017
FYI the character unlock method that has been consistently spread around and was leaked weeks ago isn't actually true. Even though it has now been repeated in the "unlock guides" of many big websites (hmmm...).

Unlocks are not on a timer and that timer is not reset by rebooting the game.

Unlocks are based off of total player inputs and button presses. So if you play a furious, button-mashing 2-minute match you'll get a Challenger Approaching, but if you play a lot more passively and press way fewer buttons, it may take 10 minutes or more.

The big pre-release confusion seems to be that you can "bank" multiple character unlocks if you meet the button-presses requirements, but their appearance is on a cool down - the game spaces them out and doesn't give them to you back-to-back. So if you performed enough inputs to unlock 3+ characters you'd then unlock them in 10-minute increments, and this is the cooldown that CAN be skipped and reset by rebooting the console. But rebooting WILL NOT unlock a character if you didn't have enough logged player inputs already.

Easy enough to understand how a few pirates more casually playing misunderstood what was happening when they reset their console and got a new character several times in a row. Less easy to understand how the supposedly professional websites got it so wrong. IGN's Smash Wiki Editor Brendan spent hours and hours testing, and re-testing character unlocks:

https://www.ign.com/wikis/super-sma...Unlock_All_Characters_in_Smash_Bros._Ultimate

Oct 25, 2017
Just pre-ordered digital version through best buy. I honestly am not too excited for this compared to Brawl and Wii U. But at the same time I am idk. Doesn't even feel like a Smash game is even coming out tomorrow

My attitude has been pretty passive about it compared to the last ones too, but I also know for a fact that when I sit down and actually play it, it's going to consume me. Just been avoiding any non-Direct info about it and patiently waiting for tonight.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Holy fuck I love video games/Smash bros so much.

Played it at 4am, nearly missed my training session, played it on the way to work, and I will definetely play on my lunch break.

ALL PRAISE THE SWITCH

Silence_and_I

May 7, 2018
It's time! Gotta get home first though...

Dtw-pRDX4AAY2Kp.jpg:large
where did you get it from? Gamestop?

Deleted member 18742

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My attitude has been pretty passive about it compared to the last ones too, but I also know for a fact that when I sit down and actually play it, it's going to consume me. Just been avoiding any non-Direct info about it and patiently waiting for tonight.
I'm pretty much in the same boat. It's been like that with pretty much every Nintendo game for the past several years with me.

?oe?oe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have to say the netcode is so much better then 4. I can comfortably play a four-player items-on match online with little hassle.

Plum

May 31, 2018
So this is unlocking in an hour and 15 minutes in the UK, right?

Right?

We're getting fucked over with The Game Awards timing (albeit less so than others), the least we can have now is getting to laugh at Americans having to play the game after The Game Awards instead of before.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
FYI the character unlock method that has been consistently spread around and was leaked weeks ago isn't actually true. Even though it has now been repeated in the "unlock guides" of many big websites (hmmm...).

Unlocks are not on a timer and that timer is not reset by rebooting the game.

Unlocks are based off of total player inputs and button presses. So if you play a furious, button-mashing 2-minute match you'll get a Challenger Approaching, but if you play a lot more passively and press way fewer buttons, it may take 10 minutes or more.

The big pre-release confusion seems to be that you can "bank" multiple character unlocks if you meet the button-presses requirements, but their appearance is on a cool down - the game spaces them out and doesn't give them to you back-to-back. So if you performed enough inputs to unlock 3+ characters you'd then unlock them in 10-minute increments, and this is the cooldown that CAN be skipped and reset by rebooting the console. But rebooting WILL NOT unlock a character if you didn't have enough logged player inputs already.

Easy enough to understand how a few pirates more casually playing misunderstood what was happening when they reset their console and got a new character several times in a row. Less easy to understand how the supposedly professional websites got it so wrong. IGN's Smash Wiki Editor Brendan spent hours and hours testing, and re-testing character unlocks:

https://www.ign.com/wikis/super-sma...Unlock_All_Characters_in_Smash_Bros._Ultimate
this is some how both less weird and more weird than just a timer, but does explain some things we saw in pre-release

Rbz

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Anybody know how Palutena plays? She is a soft spot favorite for me in spite of her low tier rating. I usually like quick, agile characters, but that insane reach plus hitting like a motherfucking truck is really appealing.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
No transformation Ulti's is the best change.

So is having a Ulti gauge.

Fuck Samus' Final Beam looks so fucking mint in this version.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These unlock methods are so convoluted and time consuming. What possessed Sakurai to make 90% of the roster unavailable when you boot up the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.