• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Mega Man X's enhanced forme ability throws any diffculty whatsoever away for a giid chunk of spirit battles.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is not a setting like "no items". It's per player name. You need to put yours up in settings if you want to use anything but defaults, either step by step or with a transfer device if there are any (Brawl had Wii Remotes for sure), which takes time for physical tourneys - but used to be done on request. There tend to be few advantages of particular control settings as well, aside from #1: personal preferences and #2: glitches involving hacky implementation of right stick as attack shortcut in past titles which are rarer and rarer.

Again, I suggest you to visit ssbwiki.com unless it's down. They have pretty thorough explanations of loads of stuff, from base mechanics to technique jargon - though Ultimate stuff is obviously in progress.

So if I'm understanding this, in competitive smash, they keep things as default (control wise) for a leveled playing field now? Or do they actually allow button configurations in a tournament level? And I've been reading some stuff there, it's really cool, thank you.

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
OK there is no way the smash 4 ai cheated this much in the unlock fights Holy shit.
From what I've seen the high level AI actually does way less "cheating", that is input reading, than Smash 4 AI it's just significantly more advanced and will actually go for some crazy kills, off stage plays, and recoveries, such as Snake using his C4 to help recover, whereas Smash 4 high level AI relied super heavily on perfect shields that a normal human would never have had time to react to.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ice Climbers? Scale of suck to ass what are they? Wish Sakurai could figure out how to make a game that allowed them to be intentionally good :)

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
So it's kind of hard to explain but it is based on number of inputs, however there is a 10 minute timer coded in the game that prevents you unlocking them faster than every 10 mins. However it will still keep track of your inputs for future unlocks.

The language switch bypasses the 10min timer block.

OK, so simply starting a match and instantly falling off isn't going to work because of too few inputs?

Sounds like it's easiest just to play normally and change the language every couple matches to avoid any cooldown?

jorgeobamajr

Oct 25, 2017
honestly wish they had like a full roster unlock for a dollar or something to make it easier on TOs but I bet that would get so much bad publicity lol
there really should be an option to hold a button when entering a (nonWoL/Classic) mode to unlock every character for that play session. Wouldn't mess up the unlock progression for those who like it while also allowing for quick set-ups for parties and Tournaments.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
So if I'm understanding this, in competitive smash, they keep things as default (control wise) for a leveled playing field now? Or do they actually allow button configurations in a tournament level? And I've been reading some stuff there, it's really cool, thank you.
You can change the controls in major tournaments, at least as of now.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You can change the controls in major tournaments, at least as of now.

Unless it's say I dunno, Daisy as a broken infinite that's super easy if you map grab to A and shield B or something. Then you select her on the screen, then they'd be like "Hold the fuck up..." like that would be okay until you picked her, especially since it's a well known exploit in this example. Right?

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Is it true that miis weren't allowed in random online matches?

Thats pretty lame. Hopefully they changed it for Ultimate.

jorgeobamajr

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if there's no Boss Rush mode? Seems like quite the lost opportunity.
big spoilers
World of Light's Final Level has one, and apparently beating the game puts you right before the Final Level, so you can replay it. it's not just a boss rush, though, there's a couple of things before and after it i believe, so not exactly a proper substitute to a dedicated mode

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Unless it's say I dunno, Daisy as a broken infinite that's super easy if you map grab to A and shield B or something. Then you select her on the screen, then they'd be like "Hold the fuck up..." like that would be okay until you picked her, especially since it's a well known exploit in this example. Right?
Infinites are not banned as long as they don't stall the game.

Any control set-up is legal. It's only certain types of physical controllers that are banned (like ones with turbo).

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
They would probably ban the combo itself instead. There's precedent for that.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Pre-release consensus has him as extremely good if not top 5.
Gtw9d69.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.