• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Wait, why is there a Piranha Plant code inside my game? Weren't those suppose to be given at a later date after registering the game for coins on the eShop?

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a tutorial how to play? Switch is my first Nintendo console since 64. Played a bit of smash on GameCube but I don't remember anything how to play

Fosko

Oct 27, 2017
The game looks and feels so much smoother than 4...

But I can't play being tired, in bed and portable mode lol.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
My brother was supposed to pick up an online card, but he waited until the last minute and didn't get one.

I can disown him for this, right?

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
4.5 hours to go. How do I go about unlocking shit just play the game?

EDIT: just read the OP :P

Last edited:

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing Pichu play and it looks way worse than expected. It dies so easily, which combined with pretty much all of it's own attacks damaging itself means it's super easy to kill, and you can't put offensive pressure on by throwing out moves without increasing the risk substantially making it hard for pichu to get anything started

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Seeing Pichu play and it looks way worse than expected. It dies so easily, which combined with pretty much all of it's own attacks damaging itself means it's super easy to kill, and you can't put offensive pressure on by throwing out moves without increasing the risk substantially making it hard for pichu to get anything started
Yea... Zero made Pichu look really bad. No range. Dies at ridiculously low percents from low power moves. Can't kill anything.

Crepuscular

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
my amazon order just updated from "guaranteed delivery Friday, Dec. 7" to "guaranteed delivery Friday, Dec. 7 *BY 11PM*" ;___; loool

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
it's past midnight dammit
861995.gif

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
Fights are pretty hard in Spirit Mode, but in a good way. I love how varied the encounters have been so far. Changing to the spirits that have an advantage in the coming fight is fun and i like the management aspect of it also.

Yeah, i love the game even though i don't know what i'm doing most of the time lol.

Oh, i took the middle road and just have to hope it was the right one.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Yea... Zero made Pichu look really bad. No range. Dies at ridiculously low percents from low power moves. Can't kill anything.
pichu is merely an adorable stage hazard you play in multiplayer. you sit on the edge of the stage and charge your side B until you randomly clip someone and kill them.

yes you die, and yes he should just evolve to a pikachu, but it's a win even if you lose if you kill someone with side b from across the stage :P (unless they changed for the new game :P)

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Fights are pretty hard in Spirit Mode, but in a good way. I love how varied the encounters have been so far. Changing to the spirits that have an advantage in the coming fight is fun and i like the management aspect of it also.

Yeah, i love the game even though i don't know what i'm doing most of the time lol.

Oh, i took the middle road and just have to hope it was the right one.
Yeah, Spirit fights are incredibly challenging and requires patient as well as preparations. Big surprise to me.

Antony

Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation Home
Do you definitely unlock characters by completing Classic mode?
I want to beat Classic with the default 8 then start Spirits, unlocking characters there and doing their Classics as I go.
I fear completing Classic with the starting 8 will unlock another 8 and then it won't stop...

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Is there a tutorial how to play? Switch is my first Nintendo console since 64. Played a bit of smash on GameCube but I don't remember anything how to play

Unfortunately. No. It's a failure that's existed in Smash for generations.

Your best bet is to just experiment with some characters against low level cpus.

Controls are simple and same for every character.

Deleted member 33571

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Just realized that even though my controller adapter made it with me when I moved I have no clue where any of my gamecube controllers ended up or if I brought them......... bit of a bummer
I guess at least this way I won't feel like i'm at any more of a disadvantage if I decide to play handheld hah

Deleted member 30935

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Do you definitely unlock characters by completing Classic mode?
I want to beat Classic with the default 8 then start Spirits, unlocking characters there and doing their Classics as I go.
I fear completing Classic with the starting 8 will unlock another 8 and then it won't stop...
Yeah, that's exactly what will happen.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
any reports on how pro melee players feel about the game so far? Smash 4 players seem to enjoy it so far obviously, interested what the melee crowd reaction is

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
Played for about two hours. I like it, although I still am not entirely used to the new physics.

I just need to vent a bit because of how I don't like playing as Sonic in this game. I seem to have a harder time doing KOs with him compared to Smash 4 and other characters I have unlocked. Only used him in three matches, but my first impressions of Sonic aren't great.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bowser: Is "Bowsercide" back?
Snake: Does he play like PM Snake?

Status
Not open for further replies.