• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
Loading times in the menus are pretty bad. Several seconds to load up alt colors for inkling...?

Mar 9, 2018
King K. Rool is beautiful. He is so fun. I think I suck at Smash now though because he's the only character I'm OK at. I used to main Zelda and I can't play with her. I need more practice or something.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, the Kid fight from the Mario Golf Series is hard. The 4 Marios are just trampling all over me. I think i could handle them if it weren't for the wind... This one will take me a while.

JordianKnot

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely loving this game. Been playing for a couple hours now. But I'm confused on something.. how the hell do you exit the World of Light mode? Haha

Edit: nevermind you just hold down B, LOL i should probably sleep

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
Hey guys, In have two questions: how good is the photomode this time? And what's the Twitter hashtag of this game? I wanna see some nice screenshot until my copy arrive tomorrow );

preta

Oct 25, 2017
This input lag is making the game almost unplayable at times. Fuck. I might have to wait for a patch.

HypedBeast

Oct 29, 2017
Does anyone know a decent control scheme for handheld mode? Ive been fucking around for a while trying to find something that feels comfortable, but I haven't quite found it yet.

Oct 26, 2017
It's nothing to do with getting off track. It still works in the new patch.
There's a minimum jump/walking distance. Run around as like Fox for a few minutes then you should be good.

Thank you, by the way! I don't have the game yet, but I want to make sure I know *exactly* what I need to do to get that cast unlocked fast!

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
This is fucking crazy. I've been playing Smash for over an hour and I figured I was just shit since I never really got into the last game even though I was big into the others. I only ever play my Switch handheld but decided to put it on the TV and use a Gamecube controller. Holy shit, I'm not stupid, everything immediately came back to me. This god damn controller will never die and I love it. Sad though cause I did plan on playing portable most of the time. Maybe I will get used to it but right now I'm just left with the feeling joy-cons suck.

depward

Oct 29, 2017
The limitations for online play is really unfortunate. You can't play with a friend who isn't local against others? On WiiU you could at least play against CPUs!

And this unlock system is so aggravating.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
5 were announced in the season pass.

I wish i couldn't run in Smash. Dash attacks almost universally suck ass for big boys like Ganon and Bowser compared to side tilts. Mac's the only character i actually want to always run as.

Yeah I mean I don't really care if it's walk or run, I just want a consistent, reliable move speed. I feel like I'm doing all the same type of inputs and I can't trust my character to move how I intend. It's jarring and super annoying. Not sure what I'm doing wrong really or how to fix. Even turning around without moving is unreliable and a chore. Hell I didn't even know moves were different whether you walked or sprinted. I just want my character to move in a predictable way instead of zipping places I don't want to be. Makes it so hard to play or enjoy.

I'm still having fun, just need to figure out why I always run into this issue in smash games and seem to be the only one

Oct 25, 2017
Holy fuck I need to get more than 5 hours of sleep tonight, but this game is not letting me. I've unlocked about 8 characters (Zelda, Bowser, Inkling, Marth, Sonic, Pit, Ness, and Mii Swordfighter just because I made the latter in the Mii menu) and tried a little bit of each main mode.

Classic is fucking great. A significant improvement over the way it was in previous games. WoL has been a blast so far but granted I've only done about 6 fights in it.

Anyone else amazed at the visual upgrade to the Melee stages? Kongo Jungle is a mind-blowing improvement.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
One of the most magical things about a new Smash is trying out all fighters and seeing who you like and not. For me, Yoshi and Samus felt near unplayable, while Fox and Robin felt great.

Mii Swordsfighter feels great too, but waiting to unlock Takamaru outfit. Strong main candidate though!

ciD_Vain

Nov 28, 2017
Los Angeles
A lot of people claiming the fast method doesn't work for them anymore- pretty sure you have to first play 10 minutes of the game to unlock the first character. Then the reset method should work from there. I read that there seems to be a distance covered requirement, so what worked for me was actually fighting to win against the 1-stock CPU rather than self-destructing. It worked for me for almost all the characters but for some reason it stopped working just before I could unlock the last 3 characters. I just played for about 10 minutes in online matches and then went back to a 1-stock match against a CPU and it started working again.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
K. Rool is awesome. Inkling didn't click, but I'll try again later.

I really suck, but will get better.

Bed :(

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also I might be the only person who cares about this and that's fine but that trailer confirms a Makoto spirit for Smash.

Koo

Dec 10, 2017
Question. I purchased the digital copy of the game and downloaded it this afternoon. Is there still a day 1 patch to download and how large is it?

Currently at work and wondering if it's worth using my iphone as a hotspot to unlock the game. But I don't want to use up a lot of data downloading a patch.
Answering my own question here if anyone else was curious. Decided to go ahead and give it a try. Personal hotspot unlocked game and I wasn't asked to download any patches, so it probably all got sorted this afternoon.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
The unlock methods are really making me fall in love with characters I'd never have played if we had the full roster.

Villager is a beast.

Jorgie

Mar 28, 2018
Philadelphia
Ok so my cousin found the proper way of doing the reset scheme. Pretty much play Vs CPU 1 stock till you get a new challenger. Beat them. When it says "______ joins the battle" reset your game on that screen! When you do any 1 stock fight a new foe will pop up again. Rinse repeat. Easy money.

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
Ok so my cousin found the proper way of doing the reset scheme. Pretty much play Vs CPU 1 stock till you get a new challenger. Beat them. When it says "______ joins the battle" reset your game on that screen! When you do any 1 stock fight a new foe will pop up again. Rinse repeat. Easy money.

There's a minimum walking distance/jump distance requirement too. So make sure you run around for a bit if no characters show up.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah this game is awesome.

Still need some time to get used to the game feel but I done a couple of matches with a lvl 9 CPU, Classic, Spirit Board, World of Light, and one match of online.

Classic is pretty fun and it got me Shulk as soon as I could so that was nice.

Spirit matches are kind of fun but hard to appreciate when you're a little tired.

However my one online match was pretty solid. For the first time the 4 player match was damn near immaculate. There were some stutters and slight input delay but we finally have a Smash with functional 4 player online and with so many more options compared to before.

Gonna grind the shit out of this game tomorrow morning when I get Chrom and get used to new Shulk. This game is going to last me a good while

Zarzolaon

Mar 16, 2018
OH
Still going through music...

Focusing on remixes, but it's still a lot. Only up to Pokemon.

(First time hearing Fatal Blooms in Moonlight, though. Using that often on Fountain of Dreams.)

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still bummed Mario doesn't have any Cap moves. Maybe Odyssey came too late in development for them to make it anything more than a taunt.

That FLUDD has so overstayed its welcome though, lol. Shoulda been replaced by a Luma Spin or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.