• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MexM

One Winged Slayer
Nov 10, 2017
WoL is pretty fun... tho I don't think I have found yet a Xenoblade-y area

There was this area with Shulk and Riki, but it's just a rocky area with waterfalls. I guess it's supposed to represent that in Xenoblade you can jump from waterfalls?

ninjabot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For those in the know about game tech and the like, what could possibly be done to fix this horrible netplay? Is there any hope at all that this will become playable?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
WoL is pretty fun... tho I don't think I have found yet a Xenoblade-y area

There was this area with Shulk and Riki, but it's just a rocky area with waterfalls. I guess it's supposed to represent that in Xenoblade you can jump from waterfalls?

There is no Xenoblade dungeon, really. There are a couple Nintendo dungeons, but most franchises included in the game don't get one.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe a dumb question, but is there a way to pick an opponent of choice in vs CPU or training mode rather than just a random opponent?

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Ok got the Pig Spirit. All Primaries, Supports, and Masters obtained. Now just gotta grind Classic for everyone and I'll have all Spirits registered.

MexM

One Winged Slayer
Nov 10, 2017
There is no Xenoblade dungeon, really. There are a couple Nintendo dungeons, but most franchises included in the game don't get one.
Man that really sucks to hear :/

No new characters/stages/items/ats/remixes either and I think Shulk's Classic Mode doesn't even feature music from his series...

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Is there a site/wiki where I can download the WoL maps (specially the dungeon ones) in a good resolution ?

I would love to use a few of those as wallpapers and stuff like that

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
For those in the know about game tech and the like, what could possibly be done to fix this horrible netplay? Is there any hope at all that this will become playable?
better match making system that doesn't pair people with bad internet with people with good internet.

Playing with friends even on wifi I barely notice any lag on the game. That was even including a match with a friend that was nearly 5k miles away from me. There was minor lag but far from being unplayable. I think a lot of the net issues are from playing with randoms that have poor internet.

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone with the below Amiibo (Inkling Boy - Purple) try it out for me please? It's the only Amiibo I have that isn't being recognised at all.
s-l400.jpg

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Just beat Pauline and Dr Wily in one sitting. They were both surprisingly easy with the right tactics.

For Pauline, all I did was catch Peach with inhale and Kirbycide off the edge, and for Wily, Metal Killer + spamming Kirby's rock was enough to kill the Mega Man horde, though it did come to the wire with Kirby only having like 6 HP in the end.

Speaking of which, Kirby is sure is pretty useful for cheesing some of these spirit battles. I'm glad he's my main.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
So I'm a huge proponent of items, but... I think they broke Assist Trophies.

In the past, they were mostly either a quirky effect or a localized attack, all with fairly predictable patterns, allowing players to play around the ATs. This time though it feels like since they can be K.O.'d now, it gave them license to make them OP. They'll follow characters around (often by teleporting!) and last super long.

It's like they took everyone's favorite stage hazard, the bird guy from the Earthbound stage, and turned all the assist trophies into him.

Conversely, I think they've mostly weakened Final Smashes to the point of playability (with some exceptions). I love a good bomb or ray gun as much as the next person, but Assist Trophies might get turned off. Is there an AT switch (can turn on and off specific ATs)?

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
Any advice for playing as Solid Snake? I want to like him, but he kind of sucks ass.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
better match making system that doesn't pair people with bad internet with people with good internet.

Playing with friends even on wifi I barely notice any lag on the game. That was even including a match with a friend that was nearly 5k miles away from me. There was minor lag but far from being unplayable. I think a lot of the net issues are from playing with randoms that have poor internet.
I'm Canadian and every online match I've played has been with my friends who are spread out all over the States. 4 player FFA with items on. Zero lag. It's absolutely the variation in connection quality people can have on the Switch more than anything else.
So I'm a huge proponent of items, but... I think they broke Assist Trophies.

In the past, they were mostly either a quirky effect or a localized attack, all with fairly predictable patterns, allowing players to play around the ATs. This time though it feels like since they can be K.O.'d now, it gave them license to make them OP. They'll follow characters around (often by teleporting!) and last super long.

It's like they took everyone's favorite stage hazard, the bird guy from the Earthbound stage, and turned all the assist trophies into him.

Conversely, I think they've mostly weakened Final Smashes to the point of playability (with some exceptions). I love a good bomb or ray gun as much as the next person, but Assist Trophies might get turned off. Is there an AT switch (can turn on and off specific ATs)?
Yeah, I said this the other day. A lot of AT's are totally busted. In 4P FFA they're an absolute nightmare.

casey_contra

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
2 things

1: Reposting my revelation about Rover because I think it's brilliant and intentional and I'm starved for attention:

2: So, months after the leaks and rumors... how do we feel about Incineroar. I have come to the conclusion that he was the "right" choice based on personality and fighting style.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I like using Yoshi online lol...but if he's so good now I don't wanna be that guy.

Everytime I fight a Fire Emblem swordsman online I always think less of my opponent.

RobotHaus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mars University
2 things

1: Reposting my revelation about Rover because I think it's brilliant and intentional and I'm starved for attention:

2: So, months after the leaks and rumors... how do we feel about Incineroar. I have come to the conclusion that he was the "right" choice based on personality and fighting style.

I'd still take Grinch-leak over Incineroar. But he is a fairly personable character.

solari

Oct 25, 2017
AZ, USA
I like using Yoshi online lol...but if he's so good now I don't wanna be that guy.

Everytime I fight a Fire Emblem swordsman online I always think less of my opponent.

Play who you want and let other people play who they want. Not sure why people gotta "take the high road" with top tiers and also put people down for playing a character they like.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
2 things

I think with a potentially contentious character choice you need to make them good for them to catch on so it's a shame he's kind of bad.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I said this the other day. A lot of AT's are totally busted. In 4P FFA they're an absolute nightmare.
I think that's less being broken and more just making them more dangerous. Dr. Wright is the same as he always was and only catches you if you're in the building's blast zone, but Yuri roves the whole battlefield and takes three shots before she vanishes. In one-on-one, that's relatively easy to guard, but in 4-player FFA, the chaos makes it easier to get caught.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I took my 4-year old niece and her friends to see The Grinch the other day.

I'm still salty about the Grinch leak so I stood up when the Grinch first appeared on screen and yelled "give me my Chorus Kids you coward!". I thought it was funny, but a few minutes later the usher came by and asked me to leave.

Needless to say I lied to my sister and told her we had to leave the movie early because someone called in a bomb threat. Luckily my niece thought it was funny and didn't rat on me.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I took my 4-year old niece and her friends to see The Grinch the other day.

I'm still salty about the Grinch leak so I stood up when the Grinch first appeared on screen and yelled "give me my Chorus Kids you coward!". I thought it was funny, but a few minutes later the usher came by and asked me to leave.

Needless to say I lied to my sister and told her we had to leave the movie early because someone called in a bomb threat. Luckily my niece thought it was funny and didn't rat on me.
That ushers name? Nate Drake.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I kinda wish the requirements for making Smash Bros were a little tighter than "recent starter Pokemon." Surely there are more interesting Pokemon to pick, especially since they are reserving a slot for the series.

Even sticking with pro-wrestling styled Pokemon, surely Machamp or Hawlucha both would have been more interesting?

Deleted member 4093

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda wish the requirements for making Smash Bros were a little tighter than "recent starter Pokemon." Surely there are more interesting Pokemon to pick, especially since they are reserving a slot for the series.

Even sticking with pro-wrestling styled Pokemon, surely Machamp or Hawlucha both would have been more interesting?
Those aren't the requirements. Only Incineroar and Greninja were like this. Pikachu, Pichu, Mewtwo, Jigglypuff and Lucario are not starters. Pokemon Trainer is Pokemon Trainer.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I still think Hawlucha probably scored high on the poll but TPCI wanted Sakurai to push the new guy.

Since there's no Pokemon Mii Fighter costumes maybe the Flying Man outfit is a subtle way to shout out to his fans.

But I like Incineroar in all honesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.